10 replies to this topic

#1 Toonen1988

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 12:34 PM

Hello everyone,

First of all, I haven't played this game for many years. I'm a returning player who didn't played Mechwarrior Online for about 7 to 8 years. So consider me a kinda noob. Posted Image I'm mainly a Atlas player and last weekend I saw a video on YouTube about a AS7-D-DC build. I've downloaded the game, bought myself the AS7-D-DC and bought that build.

Right now i'm completely hooked again and I like the build very much. It's so much fun, I had some crazy fights and some awesome kills the last few days. Today I was even the last one alive, against multiple threats, I still fought them off and won the round. Sometimes I have even fights, 3 enemy mechs against me alone and I still manage to get away with even a kill. It give such a powerful feeling on the battlefield with moments like that.

My question is, can I even finetune AS7-D-DC build even more? What is a good build for the AS7-S(L) and I also own the AS7-D(F) but haven't used it much. No idea how I got it, maybe also make a nice build out of it. The thing I like about the AS7-D-DC is the EMC, which I can't fit on a AS7-S(L) nor the AS7-D(F). But that doesn't mean I should rot those two away.

Can I fine tune my AS7-D-DC build and what are good builds for the AS7-S(L) and the AS7-D(F). Maybe also some different set-ups to have some gameplay variations.

This is my AS7-D-DC

Posted Image

My AS7-D-DC loadout

Posted Image

This is my AS7-S(L)

Posted Image

My AS7-S(L) standard build, I really never touched this build. Since I always thought I didn't had enough experience to change anything.

Posted Image

Edited by Toonen1988, 28 August 2023 - 12:49 PM.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,613 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 28 August 2023 - 06:55 PM

Ugh. Don't do RAC Atlas. =) It just stares at people with low-slung weapons; there's other 'mechs with actual quirks that can do that much better, and without the SRMs fighting with the RAC loadout.

As for the AS7-S... that's already somewhat optimized. However, you really do not need 17 DHS for a brawling Atlas; you'll either kill everyone or be hammered down long before it becomes an issue. Other than that, there's a few better options that aren't obvious:
  • You're never going to use all of that arm and leg armor. Shave down to 60 points or so to save weight.
  • Having done that, you can ditch the LFE and use a Standard engine. The LFE is saving you a lot of tonnage, but you have a lot of tonnage for limited hardpoints - and a Standard will give you Artemis for your SRMs.
  • A Standard Engine will also free up enough space for you to to install Endo-steel, allowing you to still field a high-rated engine without the drawbacks of an LFE.
  • You could also socket in two more lasers in the CT for zombie potential and heat-dump firepower in a pinch. Consider dropping them to Small Lasers.

Edited by Void Angel, 28 August 2023 - 07:12 PM.

#3 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,613 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 28 August 2023 - 07:22 PM

Now for the D-DC, my personal favorite Atlas, I prefer the Standard Brawler right now. This one is right out of GrimMechs, even though I came up with the build independently myself - Atlases kind of build themselves, due to their hardpoint limitations. Blessing and a curse. I've also used a Double Shotgun build in the past, and I've been kind of missing it. It's more complex to play, but its 10-class LB-Xs allow me to fight a little at mid-range, with slightly better brawling dps at a cost of that pinpoint AC/20 shell. It's not as optimized for strict 1v1 brawling, but in a melee where you're fighting outside the SRMs' hard-maximum range, it works better.

Edited by Void Angel, 28 August 2023 - 07:25 PM.

#4 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,893 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 29 August 2023 - 07:09 AM

View PostToonen1988, on 28 August 2023 - 12:34 PM, said:

Hello everyone,

First of all, I haven't played this game for many years. I'm a returning player who didn't played Mechwarrior Online for about 7 to 8 years. So consider me a kinda noob. Posted Image I'm mainly a Atlas player and last weekend I saw a video on YouTube about a AS7-D-DC build. I've downloaded the game, bought myself the AS7-D-DC and bought that build.

Right now i'm completely hooked again and I like the build very much. It's so much fun, I had some crazy fights and some awesome kills the last few days. Today I was even the last one alive, against multiple threats, I still fought them off and won the round. Sometimes I have even fights, 3 enemy mechs against me alone and I still manage to get away with even a kill. It give such a powerful feeling on the battlefield with moments like that.

My question is, can I even finetune AS7-D-DC build even more? What is a good build for the AS7-S(L) and I also own the AS7-D(F) but haven't used it much. No idea how I got it, maybe also make a nice build out of it. The thing I like about the AS7-D-DC is the EMC, which I can't fit on a AS7-S(L) nor the AS7-D(F). But that doesn't mean I should rot those two away.

Can I fine tune my AS7-D-DC build and what are good builds for the AS7-S(L) and the AS7-D(F). Maybe also some different set-ups to have some gameplay variations.

This is my AS7-D-DC

Posted Image

My AS7-D-DC loadout

Posted Image

This is my AS7-S(L)

Posted Image

My AS7-S(L) standard build, I really never touched this build. Since I always thought I didn't had enough experience to change anything.

Posted Image
What's good ultimatly depends on you and what you work best with.

Edited by KursedVixen, 29 August 2023 - 07:22 AM.

#5 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,613 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 29 August 2023 - 04:56 PM

No, what's good ultimately depends on what is most efficient when piloted correctly. Sure, your own skill level and the behavior of players in your matches are huge modifiers; builds that won't work well in Tier 1 will just murder people in the Tier 5 underhive. But I've seen too many LRM Commando pilots insist that it "works for them" to let that opinion slide by without comment...

#6 Toonen1988

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2023 - 07:59 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 28 August 2023 - 06:55 PM, said:

• You're never going to use all of that arm and leg armor. Shave down to 60 points or so to save weight.
  • Having done that, you can ditch the LFE and use a Standard engine. The LFE is saving you a lot of tonnage, but you have a lot of tonnage for limited hardpoints - and a Standard will give you Artemis for your SRMs.
  • A Standard Engine will also free up enough space for you to to install Endo-steel, allowing you to still field a high-rated engine without the drawbacks of an LFE.
  • You could also socket in two more lasers in the CT for zombie potential and heat-dump firepower in a pinch. Consider dropping them to Small Lasers.

I can only install two SRM6 + Artemis when I install endo-steel. It occupies 14 slots.

Edited by Toonen1988, 30 August 2023 - 08:00 AM.

#7 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,613 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 30 August 2023 - 11:56 AM

View PostToonen1988, on 30 August 2023 - 07:59 AM, said:

I can only install two SRM6 + Artemis when I install endo-steel. It occupies 14 slots.

Sure you can! I think you may be over-valuing heat sinks for this weapon loadout.

#8 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,613 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 30 August 2023 - 02:51 PM

Oh! I've been remiss - I forgot to offer an Atlas D-DC build. Currently, I'm using This, for old time's sake, but an MRM-AC Build may work better. I'm fiddling with it.

#9 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,423 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 31 August 2023 - 04:40 PM

Hey Toonen1988, a warm welcome back to MWO!

AS7-D-DC is a great mech, with its Enhanced ECM (ie: -10% Target Range Reduction) contributes to its "suddenly Atlas" moment!
And only 3x IS mech variants have this Enhanced ECM as of this posting (Atlas, Crusader, Raven).
In contrast, Clan ECM just got nerfed a bit.
https://mwomercs.com...10-22august2023
https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

1. AS7-D-DC is amongst my favorite: AC20 + artemis-SRM16 (6+6+4), 2xLL, LE300, ECM.
You can use BL (Binary Laser) to replace the 2xLL, and save 1 ton as well!

I also got a Platinum AS7-D-DC(P) with +30% CBills bonus!

2. AS7-S(F) build: LBX20 + 2xMRM20 + 4x erSML (point defense vs Light mechs) + STD325 engine.

#10 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,613 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 31 August 2023 - 05:55 PM

... are you using a Command Console on that D-DC?

#11 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 September 2023 - 02:59 AM

View PostToonen1988, on 30 August 2023 - 07:59 AM, said:

TBH you probably want a Light Engine for this mech rather than Endo. And I'd use a UAC20 - same slots, double the burst.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users