The Legendary Annual Rewards Program Returns!

121 replies to this topic

#61 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 08 September 2023 - 12:44 PM

An Urbanmech. Why is it always an Urbanmech?

#62 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 September 2023 - 12:46 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 08 September 2023 - 12:44 PM, said:

What we really need is the urbie iic

#63 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 September 2023 - 02:16 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 08 September 2023 - 12:44 PM, said:

Because the Meme never dies.

And possibly because they gave away a crap-ton of Urbanmech warhorns in an event a year or two ago, and now they need to up everyone's UM inventory to use them all.

#64 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 September 2023 - 02:31 PM

View PostHawk819, on 08 September 2023 - 09:54 AM, said:

I'm quite certain that won't be a problem.

Case in point, the Thanatos Hero should have more than its current compliment of Rocket Launchers. Yet, it has less than it should.

Example:

Adder (Puma) S

RA: 2 MPL, 3 MGs, Active Probe, Ammo (MG)
LA: 2 MPL, 3 MGs, ECM Suite, Ammo (MG)
RT: 2 MG, 1/2 Ammo (MG)
LT: 2 MG, 1/2 Ammo (MG)

Look to the Thanatos Hero. That's all I saying. They reduced its Rocket Launchers. They can do the same with the Adder S. And still no violate the 16 weapon limit.

From Sarna: https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Thanatos

I mean, guy's got a point... For that matter, there's 16 regular machine guns. 5 in each side torso, 3 in each arm. If PGI raised those to heavies, that cuts the total number in half, and you can do either three per torso and one in each arm (three hardpoints per torso, once you account for the energy arms), or two and two (putting four total hardpoints in each arm).

Either way, I'm more in favor of dual energy sides so I can build my ADR-E. We've got enough Clan MG boats in-game.

#65 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 September 2023 - 03:09 PM

That said, they totally missed their chance to add the Hellbringer-E: It's a HAG variant, so it shows off the new gun, but it also adds 5 jump jets to the Hellbringer.

#66 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,626 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 08 September 2023 - 03:11 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 08 September 2023 - 02:31 PM, said:

I mean, guy's got a point... For that matter, there's 16 regular machine guns. 5 in each side torso, 3 in each arm. If PGI raised those to heavies, that cuts the total number in half, and you can do either three per torso and one in each arm (three hardpoints per torso, once you account for the energy arms), or two and two (putting four total hardpoints in each arm).

Either way, I'm more in favor of dual energy sides so I can build my ADR-E. We've got enough Clan MG boats in-game.

True, that. In fact, as an Alternate choice, I'd much rather have the Adder (Puma) I:

RA: 3 E
LA: 3 E
RT: 1 Missile
LT: 1 Missile

Loadout is as follows

Right and Left Arm both carry Improved Heavy Medium Lasers (for MWO, regular Heavies) and two ER Mediums Lasers. Each side torso carries an SRM-6 with ton of Ammo, and a Flamer in the CT.

IMO, this would be a much better choice, and the S variant can be released at a later date. Still, would love an ECM Adder though.

#67 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 September 2023 - 03:16 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 08 September 2023 - 02:31 PM, said:

The weapon limit is 16

View PostRhaelcan, on 08 September 2023 - 03:16 PM, said:

The weapon limit is 16

Ignore this I cant read

#68 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 September 2023 - 06:15 PM

View PostHawk819, on 08 September 2023 - 03:11 PM, said:

True, that. In fact, as an Alternate choice, I'd much rather have the Adder (Puma) I:

RA: 3 E
LA: 3 E
RT: 1 Missile
LT: 1 Missile

Loadout is as follows

Right and Left Arm both carry Improved Heavy Medium Lasers (for MWO, regular Heavies) and two ER Mediums Lasers. Each side torso carries an SRM-6 with ton of Ammo, and a Flamer in the CT.

IMO, this would be a much better choice, and the S variant can be released at a later date. Still, would love an ECM Adder though.

Okay, that is the one: the only source I have for this one is MechFactory, but whatever their source is (and they seem to be pretty accurate with the new stuff), screwed up the placement of the flamer, so presumably PGI would fix that if they added it, since it's supposed to be a fixed flamer on the base chassis.

View PostRhaelcan, on 08 September 2023 - 03:16 PM, said:

The weapon limit is 16

Ignore this I cant read

And yeah, with the ECM and fixed flamer included, changing the standard MG's to heavies, and cutting their total number in half, leaves the 'mech with 14 13 hardpoints. Still a lot, but less than the limit, at least. Means the official build has 22 21 weapons on it! Holy cow...

EDIT: ECM isn't a weapon. It uses a hardpoint in MWO, but it's not a weapon. Oops. Posted Image

2nd EDIT: I decided to check for myself and see (thanks, now, to the DWF-C), and MWO doesn't count ECM against your 16 weapon limit, either, even though it requires a hardpoint to be equipped. Which means that Adder would be at 13 weapons with four lasers, eight machine guns, and an AMS system, vs 14.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 08 September 2023 - 08:36 PM.

#69 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 September 2023 - 06:23 PM

You know? The other Adder they could add, from the same time period as the -S, and the same source material as the -S, with a similar philosophy as the -S, but keeping within the 16 hardpoint limit, is the -TC.

5 MG's on each arm (10)
Small Pulse
Large Pulse
Flamer
AMS

Total of 14 hardpoints, same as the mutilated -S variant I came up with, above, but without the need for mutilation. No ECM on that one, but you get your yet-another-MG-boat.

#70 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 September 2023 - 08:24 PM

View PostHawk819, on 07 September 2023 - 01:30 PM, said:

The Ice Ferret J has a Supercharger. Does this mean that the Supercharger will now be in the game??

My question too.

Looking for specs on PIR-D, ADR-W, UM-S, WLF-C (Clan?), and JM6-DE

Edited by Lionheart2012, 08 September 2023 - 08:30 PM.

#71 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 September 2023 - 08:39 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 08 September 2023 - 08:24 PM, said:

My question too.

Looking for specs on PIR-D, ADR-W, UM-S, WLF-C (Clan?), and JM6-DE

Allegation is Supercharger is being replaced with MASC. Similar function with different consequences, thus being interchanged rather than new functionality added. Shame though, because Superchargers were supposed to be stackable with MASC, enabling ridiculously high speeds for things like Executioners, and such. :)

As for specs for the fake variants PGI is adding, instead of adding missing real variants, everybody's waiting on those.

#72 Darth Khan

• Pip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 12:25 AM

I have purchased the "CLAN LIGHT PACK" in Steam, but the "MECHWARRIOR CREDITS REWARD" is marked as unqualified? True / false?

Edited by Darth Khan, 12 September 2023 - 10:47 AM.

#73 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 09 September 2023 - 03:41 AM

So, if you start at the "active player reward" (1/7), what would be the cheapest way to get to ultimate this year?

Waiting for the real money sale(s) to start, currently it would be:
Mechwarrior Credits reward: $6.95 for 2/7, also gets you 1250 MC and an assault hero (why would you chose something else? Posted Image)
Prime reward: $3 to get an UM-R68 Reinforcement pack for 3/7, also gets you the IFR-J (ok, cheap option for x/7, but an Ice Ferret with just arm weapons? All torso weapons, now that could be interesting! )
Or you invest $5.99 for the 13 mechbays bundle, still cheap for x/7.
Platinum reward: 10$ for one of the 2 IS packs that only have 2 mechs, also gives platinum camo for both chassis and free choice of a 3rd (P) mech. 4/7
Stone Rhino reward: 40$, contains some mechs you'll rarely ever get to use in QP due to being assaults Posted Image Gets you the SR-1 (P), but no pattern unlock Posted Image . Also counts for the Clan Standard reward, but still quite steep price tag at $20 per x/7.
Clan Legend Reward: 15$, gets you the PIR-D
Clan Standard reward: Cheapest would be a 10$ clan hero, or it is unlocked with the Stone Rhino purchase, gets you the ADR-W
IS Legend reward: 15$, also includes UM-S
IS Standard reward: 10$ for a hero, also gets you the JR7-A

So $55.95 (omitting Stone Rhino and 1 Legend, so no SR-1(P) and no PIR-D or no UM-S)
Or $59.95 (omitting Stone Rhino and IS Standard, so no SR-1(P) and no JR7-A)

Legendary options (highly personal ranking based on chassis and variability):
Scaleshot (bolt-ons are ugly though)
Dreadnought
Seraph
Moonwalker
Gausszilla
Howl (TBR will always be ranked last for me Posted Image )

War Emu - ballistics on a STK should be nice (bolt-ons are ugly though)
Scattershot - mediums are far more useful for QP than assaults.
Arges - I like the chassis
Juggernaut - not a fan of the Fafnir, but some nice ideas for this
Stone Crusher - hardly any variablity
Desperada - torso mounts are nice, but to really utilize this, you have to use the arm mounts which are only slightly higher than TBR

I'd really like an Assassin Legendary or hero with like 12+ energy hardpoints and either JJs or MASC. Posted Image

Feel free to correct me on the options to get rewards for cheap.

Edited by Buenaventura, 09 September 2023 - 03:43 AM.

#74 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,968 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 09 September 2023 - 01:59 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 08 September 2023 - 08:39 PM, said:

Allegation is Supercharger is being replaced with MASC. Similar function with different consequences, thus being interchanged rather than new functionality added. Shame though, because Superchargers were supposed to be stackable with MASC, enabling ridiculously high speeds for things like Executioners, and such. Posted Image

As for specs for the fake variants PGI is adding, instead of adding missing real variants, everybody's waiting on those.
could the Ice ferret come with a quirk that makes the masc act like a supercharger damaging the CT structure instead of the legs???

I really hope these mechs get released for c-bills in a non(L) version

Edited by KursedVixen, 09 September 2023 - 02:01 PM.

#75 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 September 2023 - 03:39 PM

Seeing the howl and desperada as a last pick makes me giggle. Both of those legends are amazing

View PostKursedVixen, on 09 September 2023 - 01:59 PM, said:

could the Ice ferret come with a quirk that makes the masc act like a supercharger damaging the CT structure instead of the legs???

I really hope these mechs get released for c-bills in a non(L) version

Ew, no please. And loyalty variants usually get released for Cbills way later on.

#76 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 10 September 2023 - 12:40 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 09 September 2023 - 03:41 AM, said:

Scaleshot (bolt-ons are ugly though)

Who are you, Denis Nedry? Posted Image
I love that it looks like the spitter dinosaur— really clever bolt on choice IMO.

#77 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,968 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 11 September 2023 - 01:48 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 09 September 2023 - 03:39 PM, said:

Seeing the howl and desperada as a last pick makes me giggle. Both of those legends are amazing

Ew, no please. And loyalty variants usually get released for Cbills way later on.
What's a matter davion? can't handle the tech you stole from the battlefield?

#78 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 891 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 September 2023 - 11:12 AM

So, buy even the cheapest MC package in the store grant me a clanner hero mech?

#79 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 September 2023 - 01:24 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 11 September 2023 - 11:12 AM, said:

So, buy even the cheapest MC package in the store grant me a clanner hero mech?

That's exactly right. Don't run out and do it right now, though. You've got until mid-November, and they said "watch out for sales", so hold your $7 until it gets you 1500 MC instead of 1250. :)

#80 Ilostmycactus

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 10:37 PM

It would be nice if the heavy Marauder and both crabs got some love.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users