Um-Iic Uac20 Version

28 replies to this topic

#1 VeritasSuperOmnia

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 05:54 PM

Could this variant get armor quirks equal to the IS urbie? It's tough fighting in close range with the big boys. lol

The HAG variant doesn't need this since it can say further away.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 19 September 2023 - 06:19 PM

i dont think so. the fact that it has access to 2-slot sinks, cxl, 7-slot upgrades and full jj means its got a bit of advantage over the is urbie. i would have had to strip the jjs and run a crappy engine to do a uac20 build on the is side. i expected them to be a little weak in the armor.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 September 2023 - 06:25 PM.

#3 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 19 September 2023 - 06:37 PM

It's a clan-mech, the hell did you expect? We all know it would be squishy from the start, I'm even surprised it has armor-quirks at all, I was hope-xpecting structure quirks instead, if it has anything at all.

#4 VeritasSuperOmnia

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 07:00 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 19 September 2023 - 06:19 PM, said:

i dont think so. the fact that it has access to 2-slot sinks, cxl, 7-slot upgrades and full jj means its got a bit of advantage over the is urbie. i would have had to strip the jjs and run a crappy engine to do a uac20 build on the is side. i expected them to be a little weak in the armor.

Expand your thinking. The IS Urbie isn't a great mech unless you play it as the ECM version with snubs.

Just because the IIC has certain advantages over the IS doesn't mean the IS doesn't need love too.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:30 AM

the is urbie is an exceptional mech. any deficiency is due to the pilot. people were dominating in their urbies long before it got ecm or even snubs. it also has cuteness on its side. expand my thinking, no, expand your skill.

Edited by LordNothing, 20 September 2023 - 11:32 AM.

#6 VeritasSuperOmnia

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:42 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 September 2023 - 11:30 AM, said:

the is urbie is an exceptional mech. any deficiency is due to the pilot. people were dominating in their urbies long before it got ecm or even snubs. it also has cuteness on its side. expand my thinking, no, expand your skill.

I was #37 overall on Solaris S1. /shrug

#7 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 20 September 2023 - 06:25 PM

View PostVeritasSuperOmnia, on 20 September 2023 - 11:42 AM, said:

I was #37 overall on Solaris S1. /shrug

MWO isn't just solaris.

/shrug

#8 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 September 2023 - 08:00 PM

Just make them both ranged.. Just because people call the mini atlas doesn't mean they are.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 10:17 PM

View PostVeritasSuperOmnia, on 20 September 2023 - 07:00 AM, said:

Expand your thinking. The IS Urbie isn't a great mech unless you play it as the ECM version with snubs.

Yes it is.

#10 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,894 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 20 September 2023 - 10:48 PM

View PostPocketYoda, on 20 September 2023 - 08:00 PM, said:

Just make them both ranged.. Just because people call the mini atlas doesn't mean they are.

Both can be ranged.

um-iiclgd

It's just that hag all have the same high optimal where uac have different ranges for the different sizes.

#11 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:40 PM

Personally, I love the UAC20 UM-IIC. Running it is a lot of fun. I dont get huge damage numbers, but it certainly holds its own

#12 ComradeHavoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 08:09 AM

The clammer urbie can pack firepower and ammo without gimping its speed.

The IS urbie doesn't have the luxury of firepower, ammo, and speed, and therefore is compensated with armor. So it can actually survive getting to the enemy and poking. Because it isn't going to be able to run away if it wants firepower AND ammo.

You're asking for a tanky, decent-speed light, that can pack a UAC-20, with ammo to boot.

Edited by ComradeHavoc, 21 September 2023 - 08:10 AM.

#13 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 02:12 PM

View PostComradeHavoc, on 21 September 2023 - 08:09 AM, said:

The clammer urbie can pack firepower and ammo without gimping its speed.

The IS urbie doesn't have the luxury of firepower, ammo, and speed, and therefore is compensated with armor. So it can actually survive getting to the enemy and poking. Because it isn't going to be able to run away if it wants firepower AND ammo.

You're asking for a tanky, decent-speed light, that can pack a UAC-20, with ammo to boot.

Dude. I can still get 42 armor per limb, 60 on CT -- armor quirks are literally the same as the IS variant. It's still a tanky decent speed light, but now with the benefit of clan tech.

And believe it or not, but you can actually not use ballistics on this one, and build 2x HLL + 2x ERML vomit or 2x C-ERPPC that mind you does 30 damage after splash. That is on top to side-torso survivable CXL, and smaller Endo-Ferro and DHS.

IDK what the others are ******* belly aching about the Urbie-IIC being squishy, it's actually broken as hell. But PGI wouldn't make any sales if it weren't.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 21 September 2023 - 02:29 PM.

#14 VeritasSuperOmnia

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 04:08 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 21 September 2023 - 02:12 PM, said:

Dude. I can still get 42 armor per limb, 60 on CT -- armor quirks are literally the same as the IS variant. It's still a tanky decent speed light, but now with the benefit of clan tech.

And believe it or not, but you can actually not use ballistics on this one, and build 2x HLL + 2x ERML vomit or 2x C-ERPPC that mind you does 30 damage after splash. That is on top to side-torso survivable CXL, and smaller Endo-Ferro and DHS.

IDK what the others are ******* belly aching about the Urbie-IIC being squishy, it's actually broken as hell. But PGI wouldn't make any sales if it weren't.

Not everyone wants to be pigeonholed into playing "the meta". An Urbanmech is supposed to have a big autocannon damnit man.

#15 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 04:41 PM

View PostVeritasSuperOmnia, on 21 September 2023 - 04:08 PM, said:

Not everyone wants to be pigeonholed into playing "the meta". An Urbanmech is supposed to have a big autocannon damnit man.

Sure, I don't like the Cauldron playstyle either, but the meta is something you inevitably skirt when talking about balance -- i.e. right now, in this thread. As in if you make ballistic urbie strong by touching armor, you inevitably buff energy urbie with it, and now you got an even stronger meta-urbie, so what do you think that does to the meta you so like so hate?

And as I said before, Clan Urbie is just as sturdy as IS Urbie, it has the same armor quirks. You already have the little trash-can as good as it should get. If it comes out short, it's largely on you.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 21 September 2023 - 04:41 PM.

#16 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 07:00 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 21 September 2023 - 04:41 PM, said:

And as I said before, Clan Urbie is just as sturdy as IS Urbie, it has the same armor quirks. You already have the little trash-can as good as it should get. If it comes out short, it's largely on you.

IS Urbie
20 ct
14 rest

Clan Urbie
14 arms
10 ct
7 rest

#17 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,894 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 21 September 2023 - 07:33 PM

Give the clan urbies additional structure bonus if the data from the next month of play show they are too fragile.

#18 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 21 September 2023 - 08:11 PM

View Postdario03, on 21 September 2023 - 07:00 PM, said:

IS Urbie
20 ct
14 rest

Clan Urbie
14 arms
10 ct
7 rest

IS Urbie
20 ct
14 rest
Clan urbie should be
18 CT
14 rest

#19 VaelophisNyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 08:50 PM

currently my playtesting with Hashke specifically has felt exceptionally fragile for some reason, over the IS urbies. Pair that with Clan ballistics being frustrating to use (HAG ignored, I will not touch them until they are properly balanced), and I've had to default to energy urbie IIc...which also doesn't really work?
like, sure, at least I can make it go fast, but that doesn't really win a match in the "do massive damage right now" meta

and for context my UM-R60L is a monster in which I have pulled 500-1000 damage games in regularly, in brawl environments.
the IIc's are certainly coming off a bit stunted for damage or survivability, even with safe XLs

#20 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 September 2023 - 08:53 PM

View PostPocketYoda, on 20 September 2023 - 08:00 PM, said:

Wait... isn't Orion mini atlas?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users