6 replies to this topic

#1 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 26 September 2023 - 12:16 AM

So the Heavy has a unique range of 220/900 (I probably would have gone for 4 times exact at 880, whatever) it's well over the common double. Fantastic!

The HAG 30 and 40 I think should follow some kind of a similar method. As the HAG gets bigger cut the optimal range some. Maybe for the 40, go half the current optimal so the current optimal is 810, bring that closer to 400, but then give a large sliding scale for damage drop off, and similar for the 30's maybe around 600, and keep the HAG 20 at the current 810. Now I expect this to be shouted down, and well that's the way of Forum Warrior Legends! I did want to at least add this to the suggestion pool.

#2 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 700 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 08:52 AM

And this is a good idea beecaaaaaaaaaause...?

#3 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 26 September 2023 - 09:14 PM

I agree with myself. Perhaps I'm the only one. There have been several posts with ideas, or complaints about it already. I thought I'd add my opinion, to it. agree, disagree that's ok. So if you have a more directed question I'd love to have a discussion.

#4 JumpingHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 September 2023 - 12:49 PM

Great idea actually. It would make it less spammable on larger distances, but still would retain their better range advantage over the ACs. Though they seem to be generally more tolerable now because of longer volley time, but i don't really know because game keeps kicking me from matches. But the idea itself is great.

#5 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 13 October 2023 - 10:24 PM

It's a thought. I'm not asking to kill, or remove the weapon, just I think it's a change that would make sense. It's a lot of power, and that's a long range for that power. It would follow a similar pattern already there for a heavy gauss type weapon. Even though it can outpunch the heavy gauss damage wise.

#6 A Nephew of Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 12:58 PM

I think you need to stop equating the HAGs with IS HGs. Look to the MRMs if you want to see something similar on the IS side. Plus, HG is a single slug, pin-point dmg. HAGs are burst-fire (over a relatively long time to boot), with a decent spread.

#7 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 23 October 2023 - 09:44 PM

You could think I need to stop doing that. I still think there's some alternate good ideas. I do enjoy mine obviously. I also see in the newest patch, they shall become even more accurate for sniping. Which is where i think the 30, and 40 should be held back form a bit. I'm glad to disagree with you though, conversations are fun.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users