Nova Cat D Ghost Heat?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 09:17 AM

So I have three Heavy Larger Lasers on my Nova Cat, supposedly it has Heavy Laser HSL, I'm under the impression this stops the ghost heat? However if I fire them together, they always have more heat than if I fire two then one, does this mean it's not benefiting from the HSL or am I just misunderstanding something?

#2 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 07 October 2023 - 11:25 AM

HLLs are pretty hot, even with a HSL quirk firing three could get pretty hot. Are you shutting down when you fire them?

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#3 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 11:48 AM

The HSL quirk is attached to the set-of-8, meaning you need all the -D omnipods installed. Check if you don't have a random omnipod from another variant.

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 October 2023 - 06:57 PM

Yes, have to do something Like This in order to get the HSL bonus.

#5 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 03:17 AM

View Postepikt, on 07 October 2023 - 11:48 AM, said:

The HSL quirk is attached to the set-of-8, meaning you need all the -D omnipods installed. Check if you don't have a random omnipod from another variant.

I have full NCT-D, no other pods attached. So when I fire 2+1 I get under 50% heat, however when I fire all three it goes over 50% heat, to me it feels like ghost heat. It's not that important I can work around it but it does stop me from delivering on average another volley.

Edited by Will Hawker, 08 October 2023 - 05:36 AM.

#6 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 October 2023 - 05:38 AM

A) Just tested NCT-D with SO8's +1 HSL HLL bonus...seems to be acting as intended in Testing Grounds... and no yellow triangular caution warning sign in Mechlab (ie: no Ghost Heat warning with 3x HLL equipped--ok).

B ) ==>Try this on a similar testbed: MAD-IIC-2 with +1 HSL Heavy Laser Family:
(i) With 3x HLL, exact same behaviour observed as NCT-D with SO8 and 3xHLL, fired together or staggered firing as you've described above. No Ghost Heat. ie: normal behaviour.

(ii) With 5x HML, with known bug that MAD-IIC-2 does not have +1 HSL for HML:
~Firing 5x HML gives big Ghost Heat penalty (as expected, once we know about this HSL bug).
~Firing 4+1 HML in two staggered volleys avoids the Ghost Heat penalty, also as expected.

C) Therefore your NCT-D (SO8 bonus) with +1 HSL for 3x HLL is working as intended.

https://mwomercs.com...-hsl-quirk-list

View PostWill Hawker, on 08 October 2023 - 03:17 AM, said:

I have full NCT-D, no other pods attached. So when I fire 2+1 I get under 50% heat, however when I fire all three it goes over 50% heat, to me it feels like ghost heat. It's not that important I can work around it but it doesn't stop me from delivering on average another volley.

Edited by w0qj, 08 October 2023 - 05:39 AM.

#7 Richard Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 886 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 05:47 AM

View Postw0qj, on 08 October 2023 - 05:38 AM, said:

A) Just tested NCT-D with SO8's +1 HSL HLL bonus...seems to be acting as intended in Testing Grounds... and no yellow triangular caution warning sign in Mechlab (ie: no Ghost Heat warning with 3x HLL equipped--ok).

B ) ==>Try this on a similar testbed: MAD-IIC-2 with +1 HSL Heavy Laser Family:
(i) With 3x HLL, exact same behaviour observed as NCT-D with SO8 and 3xHLL, fired together or staggered firing as you've described above. No Ghost Heat. ie: normal behaviour.

(ii) With 5x HML, with known bug that MAD-IIC-2 does not have +1 HSL for HML:
~Firing 5x HML gives big Ghost Heat penalty (as expected, once we know about this HSL bug).
~Firing 4+1 HML in two staggered volleys avoids the Ghost Heat penalty, also as expected.

C) Therefore your NCT-D (SO8 bonus) with +1 HSL for 3x HLL is working as intended.

https://mwomercs.com...-hsl-quirk-list

Thanks! Guess I'm just seeing things, thanks for taking the time to test it :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users