235 replies to this topic

#221 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 November 2023 - 03:42 PM

I don't think you know what "moving the goalposts" means, either. Perhaps avail yourself of a dictionary instead of calling names next time.

#222 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 November 2023 - 03:47 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 03 November 2023 - 03:42 PM, said:

I don't think you know what "moving the goalposts" means, either. Perhaps avail yourself of a dictionary instead of calling names next time.

I prefer to answer in German then you can choose the translation

#223 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 November 2023 - 04:58 PM

You're not any less clueless in German, man. You've quoted a post that was responding to Kursedvixen, and babbled at me about Faction Play, but whether or not I agree with you there, you seem to have just... ignored the conversation - and thus are clueless in two languages. Neither she nor I were discussing faction warfare.

"Moving the Goalposts" is a bad faith tactic in argument. It's when someone asks for something as proof, then quickly demands other evidence when that proof is provided. So when Vix says, "I'm not talking about Tier 1," then tries to switch to "We should be balancing on all tiers and not just the high tiers and comp," that is moving the goalposts. It is perfectly acceptable - and not at all "arrogant" - for me to call her on that.

If you're having trouble with language barriers, perhaps ask questions instead of calling names and ranting at people?

Edited by Void Angel, 06 November 2023 - 08:07 AM.

#224 Volume

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 November 2023 - 09:28 PM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 02 November 2023 - 12:26 PM, said:

Osiris, Vindicator, Zeus, Dragon, Enforcer, Wolverine, Griffin and many many more to count...

View Postthe check engine light, on 02 November 2023 - 09:42 AM, said:

Vindicators, all of them. Cicada-3C, I have been the only one I have seen dropping in it for months. Victors that are not the 9A1 or Dragon Slayer. JR7-D. Orion hero is something I only see when I drop in it. ASN-26, again me and nobody else. Non-hero RFLs, same story. Most of the TDRs are at best rare sights. Black Knight hero.

vindicator 1x has a sleeper build that can be very successful at times involving an MRM40 and using the cooldown reduction quirks

View PostVoid Angel, on 01 November 2023 - 06:34 PM, said:

Or - not maybe - you're resorting to ad hominem attacks and trying to brush aside dissent. Again. And AGAIN, you're demonstrating your ignorance:

Remember the Snub Nose PPC nerf? Of course not, facts only matter when you base opinions on them.

snub meta was cancer and it needed to be nerfed probably 6-8 months before it actually was, just another nail in the coffin for this game

View PostKursedVixen, on 02 November 2023 - 01:42 AM, said:

How about for the next patch we get some help for rarely used mechs like the Nova Black lanner, and some of the not so much used IS mechs to get them back into play?

Sorry i can't think of any Is mechs that I don't see on the field much.

didnt nova just get a quirk pass? there's one i can get to 105% PPC velocity, lol...NVA-A. also the C and D variants have insane cooldown reduction. i think 40% and 50% CDR respectively. [set of 8 at least]

#225 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 November 2023 - 09:33 PM

View PostVolume, on 03 November 2023 - 09:28 PM, said:

didnt nova just get a quirk pass? there's one i can get to 105% PPC velocity, lol...NVA-A. also the C and D variants have insane cooldown reduction. i think 40% and 50% CDR respectively. [set of 8 at least]
i still don't see them a lot.

#226 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 04 November 2023 - 05:26 AM

View PostStaude, on 03 November 2023 - 03:47 PM, said:

I prefer to answer in German then you can choose the translation

View PostStaude, on 03 November 2023 - 03:57 PM, said:

Fackt ist das Cauldron Müll gemacht hat mit seinen Quirks
es ist nicht besser geworden in FP nur die Seiten sind verschoben worden
Mechs die nie jemand genommen hat sind hoch gequirkt worden warum auch immer
wie schon erwähnt die Mech Balance hat im QP und auch Im Comp Play nur eine untergeordnenet Rolle
jeder kann jeden Mech verwenden anders im FP und darauf sollte mann Achtung haben
Jeder FP Spieler war einmal QP Spieler und hat auch Geld dafür bezahlt und hat auch deshalb die Berechtigung das dieser Mode mit beachtung findet
Wenn die Balance im FP so Gut ist warum gibt es noch einen Unterschied von 120 Tonnen dabei ?
Die Frage ist doch worum geht es Hier eigentlich
Und jetzt kannst Du den Übersetzte nutzten

View PostStaude, on 04 November 2023 - 02:21 AM, said:

Bei uns im Verein ist es ein Schimfwort wenn jemand als Pfosten bezeichnet wird, genau so wie "lame Ente" oder "taupe Nuss"

Due to the multinational nature of the forum, please use English. If you would like to use German, consider providing a translation of the relevant portion in your reply. It could even be a machine translation (Google Translate, for example), as long as the point comes across correctly.

#227 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 04 November 2023 - 07:43 AM

View PostStaude, on 03 November 2023 - 03:57 PM, said:

Fackt ist das Cauldron Müll gemacht hat mit seinen Quirks es ist nicht besser geworden in FP nur die Seiten sind verschoben worden Mechs die nie jemand genommen hat sind hoch gequirkt worden warum auch immer wie schon erwähnt die Mech Balance hat im QP und auch Im Comp Play nur eine untergeordnenet Rolle jeder kann jeden Mech verwenden anders im FP und darauf sollte mann Achtung haben Jeder FP Spieler war einmal QP Spieler und hat auch Geld dafür bezahlt und hat auch deshalb die Berechtigung das dieser Mode mit beachtung findet Wenn die Balance im FP so Gut ist warum gibt es noch einen Unterschied von 120 Tonnen dabei ? Die Frage ist doch worum geht es Hier eigentlich Und jetzt kannst Du den Übersetzte nutzten
yeah i have to agree with the poster here why is there a diffrence of 120 tons between clan and IS drop decks if there is this so called "Balance' ??? especially considering the lack of number of clan mechs vs IS IS has many many more choices for lights and assaults and even heavies and Mediums yet somehow clan gets less tonnage?

View Postmartian, on 04 November 2023 - 05:26 AM, said:

Due to the multinational nature of the forum, please use English. If you would like to use German, consider providing a translation of the relevant portion in your reply. It could even be a machine translation (Google Translate, for example), as long as the point comes across correctly.
Do you have a smartphone? or maybe a computer?? i constantly see people say use google you can use google translate even if it is off it'll give you a general idea at least. you'd think for a tier 1 player you'd have some tools or something for translation at least....

Edited by KursedVixen, 04 November 2023 - 08:03 AM.

#228 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 04 November 2023 - 11:09 AM

He can, and I did - but it's annoying, and really Staude is just being asininely passive-aggressive. He's effectively making up a conversation that didn't happen, and responding to that. His argument has problems with it, but if he doesn't care enough to pay attention to the thread, I don't care enough about his opinions to run his gabble through the translator any more.

Besides, the guy still hasn't looked up "moving the goalposts."

#229 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 02:22 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 04 November 2023 - 07:43 AM, said:

Do you have a smartphone? or maybe a computer?? i constantly see people say use google you can use google translate even if it is off it'll give you a general idea at least. you'd think for a tier 1 player you'd have some tools or something for translation at least....
In my opinion, English is the global lingua franca - this forums included.

#230 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 10:57 PM

View Postmartian, on 05 November 2023 - 02:22 AM, said:

In my opinion, English is the global lingua franca - this forums included.

Yep we got https://mwomercs.com...-international/ for those not able or willing to write in English.

#231 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 05 November 2023 - 11:00 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 04 November 2023 - 07:43 AM, said:

IMHO it is up to poster to do translation to English... After all it does say General Discussion instead of Yleinen keskustelu.

PS. Extremely hard to see how tier number affects persons ability to translate language.

#232 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 04:39 AM

View PostCurccu, on 05 November 2023 - 11:00 PM, said:

IMHO it is up to poster to do translation to English... After all it does say General Discussion instead of Yleinen keskustelu.

PS. Extremely hard to see how tier number affects persons ability to translate language.
Funny when i see mostly tier 1's complaining about it instead of just using a translator... sounds more like arrogance to me.

It's just adding more to my theory about tier one players....

Edited by KursedVixen, 06 November 2023 - 04:40 AM.

#233 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 07:27 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 06 November 2023 - 04:39 AM, said:

Funny when i see mostly tier 1's complaining about it instead of just using a translator... sounds more like arrogance to me.
It's just adding more to my theory about tier one players....

Is it easier for the one posting to translate HIS OWN text ONCE or is it better for EVERYONE else translate it separately? And we do not know what the one posting means/tries to say so we cannot know if translation loses some context.

Yes we know know logic or numbers are not your forte but I hope you can understand text above and it should make sense even to you.

PS. 99,998% sure that it is forum rule to post in English unless posting international section, GM can correct me if I'm wrong about this.

#234 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 06 November 2023 - 07:46 AM

Everyone posting on the general forum area is expected to use common english. Posts in other languages are considered unconstructive and will be moderated.
There are international subforums where the respective language is welcome.

#235 SandClockwork

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2023 - 10:43 PM

i dont see anything about changes to the heat management system , has there been any rework ?

ive been trying various mechs builds and they all seem to have huge heat capacity , i can shoot 2 x 2 heavy large about 20 times non stop with a gargoyle and a nova cat , as if their heat cap doubled

#236 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,603 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 November 2023 - 05:38 PM

No, I haven't noticed anything. Export your builds to MechDB and let us know if the testing doesn't match what MechDB's metrics tell you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook