36 replies to this topic

#1 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 11:31 AM

1. Thanks for a new Quick Play map.

This map seems larger than some recent small maps such as Vitric Station, but not as large as some other MWO maps.

Posted Image

2. The first thing that you notice is the huge Roof.

Posted Image

3. There are some relatively narrow entrances leading to the central are of the map.

Posted Image

Posted Image

4. It seems that there will some cover protecting you against enemy missiles.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

5. Some areas of the map periphery offer empty space suitable for quick flanking, but there is literally no cover.

Posted Image

What about you? What are you thoughts regarding this new map?

#2 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 11:55 AM

Bug report:

When loading the Bearclaw II map during the game preparation, I was suddenly returned back to Mechlab with the following error report: "No available servers could be found at this time. Please try again later."

EDIT:

Again.

I was returned back to my Mechlab with this report:
Posted Image

When attempting to rejoin the mission, I got this report:

Posted Image

Edited by martian, 21 November 2023 - 12:13 PM.

#3 Sealiha

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2023 - 01:59 PM

Looks reasonable, however, far, far too many drop off points taking 5%+ armour off of legs, trap points where miniature ledges become 100m barriers (especially around the ramp areas) and generally - grey. Let's have some colour in the maps rather than the visually impaired blandness that seems to have become the norm.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 03:48 AM

my first impression was its a good brawl map, unfortunately i was in the ice ferret which is more of a hit and run build, and theres not a lot of places to run to on this map. i wish i was running my dualist on it instead. anyway today was so hectic i only had time to play each loyalty mech once and i only got the map that one time.

#5 Sierra3

• PipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 04:27 AM

It has potential.

However, some of the things I have noticed so far:
- Short ledges where you cannot traverse unless you have jump jets... you can step down, but not back up.
- Opponents had a mech get stuck in/on their Alpha point in Domination.
- When firing missiles indirectly at range (usually 700+ meters though did have one at less than 400 meters), roughly 25-33% of the time they hit the ceiling.

#6 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 November 2023 - 06:50 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 November 2023 - 03:48 AM, said:

my first impression was its a good brawl map, unfortunately i was in the ice ferret which is more of a hit and run build, and theres not a lot of places to run to on this map. i wish i was running my dualist on it instead. anyway today was so hectic i only had time to play each loyalty mech once and i only got the map that one time.

I thought the same but between the majority of the central building being of a mostly uniform and fairly short height, and many the upwardly angled/elevated entry points, it provides a lot of sight lines (especially for taller/high hard point mechs) to trade and/or snipe from across the center. I ran a Jester for three matches and noticed that I could be (and was) hit from multiple angles at range despite being with the central cluster of buildings and even the lower channels.

On a different note, I've never gotten stuck on a uniform surface before, and on some of the flat area of the runways/passageways it was as if my mech was glued to the ground. It was akin to the stuck on a wall effect that happens sometimes when jump jetting in to/against some terrain, but I've never had that sort of thing happen on uniform surfaces with no apparent clutter while simply walking along, as I have on this map. Was weird.

#7 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 22 November 2023 - 06:59 AM

Great work from zero.

#8 H4RDCA5E

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 09:20 AM

Terribly optimized, framerate is even worse than in solaris city
Roof should be removed completely, as it renders uavs and support strikes useless. no problem for 1v1 or 2v2, but for 12v12? nope.

Overall it has potential as said above, but the execution is extremely bad. Or should I say, pgi bad? Posted Image

#9 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 10:40 AM

The map itself is too big. The domination circle takes up like 10% of the total map.
They could cut this map up and get several viable maps out of it, but as a whole, it's just too big.

And I agree the roof sucks because it denies arties.

#10 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 22 November 2023 - 12:10 PM

Watch out for the crevasse at E3 unless you have jump jets.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 12:54 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 22 November 2023 - 10:40 AM, said:

The map itself is too big. The domination circle takes up like 10% of the total map.
They could cut this map up and get several viable maps out of it, but as a whole, it's just too big.

Those usual static objectives mean that some parts of this large map will be hardly ever used.

#12 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,092 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 November 2023 - 05:25 PM

haven't played it at all yet but it looks like another terrible anti-LRM (very disappointing seeing as the new Longbow is mostly known for being an LRM mech) map but now add to that the inability to use UAV or Strikes. as for snipers i can't say since i haven't played it yet. will give more commentary when i play it (that is when i get back to playing MWO as right now i am getting my Battletech fix from HBS's Battletech with the Advanced 3062 mod)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 22 November 2023 - 05:25 PM.

#13 Jormunrek

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 06:10 PM

The small ledges on the ramps need the snow angled more because it's just poor design to have those ledges be one way for non-jj kitted mechs.
There are some firing arcs that are basically the length of the cave area that should be broken up and firing distance halved (blocked).
Several places where people are getting stuck in geometry/assets that need to be corrected.

I dig the concept of the map but it still needs a fair bit of work (hence the early access tag I guess).
Also might consider moving the pee stain on domination to the six line or seven line...

#14 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 09:45 PM

Hiding spot at E4/F4 is interesting, only jump jet mechs can get there, and it appears they cannot be shot if they stand in at least one location. I expect it to be corrected/nerfed soon.Posted Image

#15 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 10:01 PM

ceiling appears to be high enough to allow UAVs, unless you use jump jets, LRMs do not appear to (generally) hit the roof.

I have some concerns about the dead ends on the 7 line, but it's not a flaw, just something to watch out for..

I am disappointed that a whole map section (the middle, where most fights will happen) is immune to air strikes/artillery.

#16 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 10:11 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 22 November 2023 - 10:40 AM, said:

I vote go the opposite way, instead of invisible walls, put ramps onto the roof and double the square footage!

Posted Image

#17 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 12:21 AM

View Postkalashnikity, on 22 November 2023 - 09:45 PM, said:

Hiding spot at E4/F4 is interesting, only jump jet mechs can get there, and it appears they cannot be shot if they stand in at least one location. I expect it to be corrected/nerfed soon.Posted Image

Just be careful. In e3 is an hole. So if u want to go from kappa to the middle u will get stuck. Noob hole got 4 players in last to conquest match.
Was rly funny. I called out the hole over VoIP and all chat after I got victim of it. And every few minutes
U hear. "ah that's the hole u was talking about .."

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 23 November 2023 - 12:22 AM.

#18 Inifus

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 08:51 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 23 November 2023 - 12:21 AM, said:

Just be careful. In e3 is an hole. So if u want to go from kappa to the middle u will get stuck. Noob hole got 4 players in last to conquest match.
Was rly funny. I called out the hole over VoIP and all chat after I got victim of it. And every few minutes
U hear. "ah that's the hole u was talking about .."

Literally stuck in that hold at this very moment...

#19 Ballistic Panicmode

• PipPipPip
  • The Scattershot
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 23 November 2023 - 10:05 AM

View PostInifus, on 23 November 2023 - 08:51 AM, said:

Literally stuck in that hold at this very moment...

I was lucky to find it in Training Ground. I avoid it altogether in matches.

#20 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 23 November 2023 - 11:15 AM

The most anti lrm/light map so far. 0/10. Narrow corridors that let you alpha any thing dead. As for uavs I got 2 of 3 to lauch just fine with the 3l. Great concept of an air base/bunker though. 10/10. Haven't done testing grounds yet to see what all goodies are on the map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users