77 replies to this topic

#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 11:49 AM

Bug report

When loading the Bearclaw II game assets before the mission start, the game cashes.

Not the usual situation of being kicked from the game to the Log-in screen, but the hard program crash with the Windows error report: "Application unexpectedly teminated. Gathering infor for the crash report."

Since everybody votes for the new map, this situation makes MWO all but unplayable for me.

Edit:

Now I am getting the same crash just when attempting to visit the Testing grounds.

Edited by martian, 23 November 2023 - 11:58 AM.

#22 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 23 November 2023 - 10:44 PM

View Postmartian, on 23 November 2023 - 11:49 AM, said:

Bug report

When loading the Bearclaw II game assets before the mission start, the game cashes.

Not the usual situation of being kicked from the game to the Log-in screen, but the hard program crash with the Windows error report: "Application unexpectedly teminated. Gathering infor for the crash report."

Since everybody votes for the new map, this situation makes MWO all but unplayable for me.

Edit:

Now I am getting the same crash just when attempting to visit the Testing grounds.

Have you deleted the shader cache/ran repair? Maybe something got corrupted.

#23 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 06:08 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 23 November 2023 - 10:44 PM, said:

Have you deleted the shader cache/ran repair? Maybe something got corrupted.
I am going to wait for the evening game patch.

#24 Wolf118

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 November 2023 - 09:58 AM

I haven't been able to get into any game since the patch was initiated. No matter the server, no matter the map (including Testing Grounds), no matter the mode. Every time, hard crash. What's worse, I get served with a matchmaker penalty after every attempt, and my mech shows "In Match".

I've run the repair tool multiple times, and each time it comes back with no problems.

I think they need to roll back the patch until they figure out what's wrong.

#25 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 10:35 AM

Post-patch Bug report (post-Hotfix Patch)

1. Picking randomly one 'Mech.

2. Attempting to visit the Training Grounds.

3. Game crashing. Not the usual situation of being kicked from the game to the Log-in screen, but the hard program crash with the Windows error report: "Application unexpectedly teminated. Gathering info for crash report."

4. Running the MWO Repair Tool. Getting the report that everything is O.K. See the screen capture:

Posted Image

5. Clicking "Fix Issues" anyway.

6. Getting another report saying that "Shaders were claned, "Mismatched files were cleaned", "Unneeded files were cleaned", etc.

Issues fixed!

LOL

Posted Image

7. Logging into the game again and repeating steps 1. and 2.

8. Game crashing again ...

9. GGClose, PGI.

Edited by martian, 25 November 2023 - 07:56 AM.

#26 Kestrel Atreides

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 11:49 AM

the game servers went offline for a minute
they are back online

so try again

#27 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 12:18 PM

OK. Seems unstable - deselected.

#28 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 24 November 2023 - 12:28 PM

The cause of troubles is simple: the array of maps (map_t maps[20]) has been overflowed.
(Joke. At least I hope for it)

#29 Hagen Zwosta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 12:33 PM

Whats going on mates? Mechs disappearing, matches not happening, servers dying. Did Blakes Word take over? :D

#30 Ukos

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 01:20 PM

is it possible to get an update on whats going on? - is it the patch, is your host broken do we have an ETA for resolution?

#31 Hagen Zwosta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 01:30 PM

Chill. They are surely working on it. Thanks for still supporting this great game. Btw. All seems fine right now.

#32 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,748 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 November 2023 - 02:59 PM

martian, which mechs are you attempting to drop in? A few others are reporting game crashing, primarily with different Centurions, mechs that can have a AC20 equipped in an arm. For one player it is the AH. And the game is also crashing when dropping same mechs into the testing grounds, not just live games.

And threads/posts are also popping up on the MWO discussion on Steam too.

https://mwomercs.com...-game-crashing/

https://mwomercs.com...ng-match-early/

View Postmartian, on 24 November 2023 - 10:35 AM, said:

Post-patch Bug report

1. Picking randomly one 'Mech.

2. Attempting to visit the Training Grounds.

3. Game crashing. Not the usual situation of being kicked from the game to the Log-in screen, but the hard program crash with the Windows error report: "Application unexpectedly teminated. Gathering info for crash report."

4. Running the MWO Repair Tool. Getting the report that everything is O.K. See the screen capture:

Posted Image

5. Clicking "Fix Issues" anyway.

6. Getting another report saying that "Shaders were claned, "Mismatched files were cleaned", "Unneeded files were cleaned", etc.

Issues fixed!

LOL

Posted Image

7. Logging into the game again and repeating steps 1. and 2.

8. Game crashing again ...

9. GGClose, PGI.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 24 November 2023 - 03:01 PM.

#33 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 24 November 2023 - 08:23 PM

All was OK for me, just one time game crashed on HPG loading, which is very rare.

#34 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 24 November 2023 - 09:01 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 24 November 2023 - 02:59 PM, said:

martian, which mechs are you attempting to drop in? A few others are reporting game crashing, primarily with different Centurions, mechs that can have a AC20 equipped in an arm. For one player it is the AH. And the game is also crashing when dropping same mechs into the testing grounds, not just live games.

And threads/posts are also popping up on the MWO discussion on Steam too.

https://mwomercs.com...-game-crashing/

https://mwomercs.com...ng-match-early/
CN9-A(C) Centurion with no Autocannon, Cauldron-Born Prime and CRB-27 Crab (or what was the last 'Mech).

#35 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 02:49 AM

What is the seemingly un-published patch I'm downloading from you? I'm assuming it's related to this server issue, or issue with new mechs being discussed here? Or to fix traps on the new map?

Anyone know?

#36 the orc

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLower Rhine Area

Posted 25 November 2023 - 07:45 AM

Are we talking about this problem?

[okay: copying from clipboard does not work... nice]
It was screenshot of the error message. Text as follows: "No available servers could be found at this time. Please try again later"

I am getting this message now every second game. Happens mostly after map and game mode were selected. - Problem is: The mech is locked afterwards, but there is no way to get back to the match...

Edited by the orc, 25 November 2023 - 07:47 AM.

#37 Dunderklumpen

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 12:01 PM

Stil geting that problem. Everything seams fine until loadingscreen for the map then i get "No avalible servers could be found at this time"! I´s been a few days now and no more info?

#38 Wolf118

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 25 November 2023 - 03:47 PM

And it crashed with a Hellspawn with SRMs and lasers. I give up.

#39 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,748 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 November 2023 - 08:20 PM

View PostDunderklumpen, on 25 November 2023 - 12:01 PM, said:

Stil geting that problem. Everything seams fine until loadingscreen for the map then i get "No avalible servers could be found at this time"! I´s been a few days now and no more info?

Do you have the EU server box UNCHECKED, as per the original post, or did you just skim generated a post? atm the issue is if the MM (main server in NA) grabs you and others, then attempt to launch you into a game on the EU server that is offline. It will not free up that mech for at least 15 minutes. And if you log in/out during that time, you may end up with only a few mechs to chose from and a lot of empty mechbays.

#40 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 November 2023 - 08:46 PM

I'll post this here, since I didn't see a recent thread for the new map, and presume that this is stilll being monitored by PGI staff for players reporting issues.

On the new BearClaw II map in F5, I think in the middle lower part of the F5 grid, there is an aircraft and some barriers and other other items surrounding it... It's right next to a ramp that goes down to the map's long corridor along the 4 line... The aircraft itself, and the objects surrounding it, are basically a trap for any larger sized mech (I got stuck in an HBR). There's like one way into the area with the plane and the objects and once you're in there, you can't get out in any direction but the way you came in. Which is pretty problematic if you don't realize it's a trap until you're already in there, and enemies are shooting you while you struggle to get out. Def needs to be looked at when the E3 hole is fixed. The objects need to be spaced further away, so that large mechs can fit between them, and/or make the plane taller so mechs can walk under it. Something to fix the trap aspect.

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 26 November 2023 - 10:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users