40 replies to this topic

#21 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 12:46 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 27 November 2023 - 07:51 AM, said:

might as well change their name too since they are not Clan double heat sinks if they are inferior in any way.

Hold on! Lemme compare a Nascar car to Rally cars on a Rally car track and then change the name cause its doing that track poorly against cars meant for that track....

#22 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 November 2023 - 01:40 PM

View PostMoadebe, on 27 November 2023 - 12:46 PM, said:

Hold on! Lemme compare a Nascar car to Rally cars on a Rally car track and then change the name cause its doing that track poorly against cars meant for that track....
Apples and oranges are comparable?

#23 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 01:41 PM

The leaked patch notes look very good to me overall, except the clan DHS nerf. I do however, accept that I HATE the Battletech heat management system from the ground up, so I'm likely in the minority on that one.

Edited by An6ryMan69, 27 November 2023 - 01:41 PM.

#24 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 November 2023 - 01:55 PM

Please bring back AMS hardpoint back to all Legendary Mechs!

I'm horrified that half the Legendary mechs do not have AMS hard points, meaning that you cannot equip AMS on these!
https://mwomercs.com...d-ams-hardpoint

Before the Legendary mech era, only the Cicada CDA-X5 hero mech did not have AMS hardpoint (and that's literally from a list of almost 900 mech variants).

=================
With the toying of LRM/ATM being more effective in this Longbow era:

~There might be a -55% reduction in ECM protection bubble surface area coming in Dec'2023, making it a personal mech protection equipment, while greatly reducing it as a "team protection" equipment (proposed: ECM protection down to 90m from 120m).
https://mwomercs.com...023-patch-notes

#25 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 01:57 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 27 November 2023 - 01:40 PM, said:

Apples and oranges are comparable?

EXACTLY.....

#26 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 November 2023 - 07:03 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 27 November 2023 - 07:51 AM, said:

might as well change their name too since they are not Clan double heat sinks if they are inferior in any way.

maybe call them prototype double heat sinks or P heat sinks

In the name of balance in this real time first person shooter game that is NOT a table top turn based game, no change should be off the table.

it shows your lack of imagination that tweaking heat sinks so totally ruins your experience. There are many exciting things to define the clans by. Having better heat sinks is not really that important.

Also they are still two slots, so you can stop your wailing.

Edited by pbiggz, 27 November 2023 - 07:04 PM.

#27 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 27 November 2023 - 10:17 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 November 2023 - 07:03 PM, said:

In the name of balance in this real time first person shooter game that is NOT a table top turn based game, no change should be off the table.

it shows your lack of imagination that tweaking heat sinks so totally ruins your experience. There are many exciting things to define the clans by. Having better heat sinks is not really that important.

Clan weapons are still hotter and do more damage, yet Clan double heat sinks untill this patch have had the same stats as the inner sphere ones..... all this will do is make clan mechs either switch to single heat sinks or just force players who use omnis to always use override....

View Postpbiggz, on 27 November 2023 - 07:03 PM, said:

yeah sure tell that to the people who no longer play this game...

#28 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 10:20 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 27 November 2023 - 10:17 PM, said:

Clan weapons are still hotter and do more damage, yet Clan double heat sinks untill this patch have had the same stats as the inner sphere ones..... all this will do is make clan mechs either switch to single heat sinks or just force players who use omnis to always use override....

I don't think we're gonna see an explosion of SHS clan machines. Tonnage still rules.

#29 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 10:42 PM

Did you actually do some math how much heatcap you lose or just overreact as usually?
All at least decent players use override by default, NOT using override always is noob mistake.

Why? They are not playing this game anymore.

#30 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 10:45 PM

View PostCurccu, on 27 November 2023 - 10:42 PM, said:

Did you actually do some math how much heatcap you lose or just overreact as usually?

The proposed changes in this thread don't appear to change heat capacity at all. It's an ~10% nerf to dissipation.

#31 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 27 November 2023 - 11:23 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 27 November 2023 - 10:45 PM, said:

The proposed changes in this thread don't appear to change heat capacity at all. It's an ~10% nerf to dissipation.

Sorry mixed threads.. but that ~9% dissipation (KV thinks it is 40% at least by his? her? reaction.) isn't that massive.

#32 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 November 2023 - 12:21 PM

Clan weapons are still hotter and do more damage, yet Clan double heat sinks untill this patch have had the same stats as the inner sphere ones.....

NO THEY AREN'T. THEY ARE TWO SLOTS. CLAN DOUBLE HEAT SINKS ARE 2 SLOTS, NOT 3. STOP LYING. CRIT SLOT # IS A STAT. YOU CANNOT JUST IGNORE THE STAT THAT IS INCONVENIENT FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE A POINT THAT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY REALITY.

all this will do is make clan mechs either switch to single heat sinks or just force players who use omnis to always use override....

No. What it will do is reduce maximum alphas. People will shed a couple of lasers here and there and things will level out.

I assure you, clan tech not being tabletop accurate is not a significant item on the list of things that cause people to quit.

#33 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 728 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 01:18 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 28 November 2023 - 12:21 PM, said:

No. What it will do is reduce maximum alphas. People will shed a couple of lasers here and there and things will level out.

I'm not sure how much max alpha will reduce. People might swap a medium laser for a sink, assuming the crit space, but as the proposed change appears to be dissipation, it's also possible people simply accept a slightly lower sustained DPS and not fire as often in order to keep the big punch for when they do fire.

#34 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 08:06 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 28 November 2023 - 01:18 PM, said:

I'm not sure how much max alpha will reduce. People might swap a medium laser for a sink, assuming the crit space, but as the proposed change appears to be dissipation, it's also possible people simply accept a slightly lower sustained DPS and not fire as often in order to keep the big punch for when they do fire.

That's still an improvement. Lasvom boats will be more vulnerable to being pushed too. Sniper overwatch will be less oppressive.

Edited by Heavy Money, 28 November 2023 - 08:06 PM.

#35 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 728 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 09:26 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 28 November 2023 - 08:06 PM, said:

That's still an improvement. Lasvom boats will be more vulnerable to being pushed too. Sniper overwatch will be less oppressive.

Yes, but anybody on the Clan side trying to push might be less capable of it, too. It isn't like a Scorch, for example, runs especially cool either. It's a change across so many 'mechs I hesitate to predict even the general impacts.

#36 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 28 November 2023 - 10:44 PM

View Postfoamyesque, on 28 November 2023 - 09:26 PM, said:

Yes, but anybody on the Clan side trying to push might be less capable of it, too. It isn't like a Scorch, for example, runs especially cool either. It's a change across so many 'mechs I hesitate to predict even the general impacts.

Its not going to make a huge difference to the ability of Dakka mechs to push and sustain. Clan UAC dakka is great, but generally chosen less than hotter high alpha builds. AC10s or LBX10s are also fine but under utilized.

UAC+ERPPC builds are the main thing that's going to suffer that I think shouldn't, as well as some pure ERPPC mechs like Warhawk and Bludgeon. But those could get quirks to help with that.

Clan's high number of hardpoints will always mean they are capable of boating huge amounts of weapons that can overheat if you push them hard enough. If ppl are making the decision to sacrifice a little firepower, or fire a little less often, or switch to a non-alpha build, then the change is working.

#37 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 536 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 November 2023 - 12:18 AM

I was more on board with the proposed capacity nerf. It hit mostly mechs that boated tons of heatsinks. This will also hurt clan lights that had laservomit as their best build, like the Adder, Kitfox, Cougar and new Wolfhound. They did not need to be nerfed.

or just force players who use omnis to always use override....

Force who? Most of the people already use override as default regardless of mech or build. There's no upside shutting down in front of your enemy even with high heat.

Edited by Samziel, 29 November 2023 - 01:16 AM.

#38 VeeOt Dragon

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 29 November 2023 - 05:54 AM

meh i almost never use Override (or clan mechs for that matter so the whole C-DHS nerf doesn't really bother me one bit). most of my builds run cool enough that i rarely need it given the way most games play out these days. in my opinion (and this is just my opinion) Override should be something you only use in an emergency (say you are getting pushed and can't quite get to cover to cool) it shouldn't be a cornerstone of any build.

#39 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 29 November 2023 - 08:39 PM

Still waiting for you to explain how clan double heat sinks are identical to IS ones, as long as everyone's ok with ignoring all the ways they aren't.

Or is this the part of the thread where you go silent because you got caught making stuff up?

#40 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2023 - 06:57 AM

View PostMoadebe, on 27 November 2023 - 01:57 PM, said:

EXACTLY.....

Both round..

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users