326 replies to this topic

#41 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2023 - 08:57 AM

Everything seemed relatively ok with N.American servers until yesterday when a bunch of us were playing, search for match, select map, it then begins to load and boom kicked out mech is locked. This happened a solid probably 12+ times in just a couple hours last night... before that everything was fine as long as EU wasn't selected.

Hopefully you guys can find an answer to it!

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 28 November 2023 - 11:46 PM, said:

Just now I am kicked of match, mech locked, lost almost all 330 mechs, exp of random 4.
It wasnt E server.

Waiting and try to relogin.

lost almost 330 mechs? Wait what

#42 PeacockBassSVT

Rookie

• The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:08 AM

As of 11/29/2023 NA Server seems to be unplayable. Long wait time to join a match- after selecting map and game type match appears to begin to load as normal. About 2-3 minutes will go by with no changes only to be dropped to the garage with the reason varying it seems. My most recent was prompted with "Lobby had been destroyed".

Unsure if these issues will be addressed prior to the upcoming patch mentioned within the coming weeks. As it sits currently the game is unplayable for me which is highly unfortunate considering I have been playing this game pretty consistently for the last few months. I will attempt to play here and there before the patch but more than likely will be putting the game down until the server issues are fixed.

Edited by EsotericStonedRhino, 29 November 2023 - 09:09 AM.

#43 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,653 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:12 AM

I just got kicked from two games in my Warhawk. Back to back. So when, and if this issue is fixed, I'm out until then.

View PostEsotericStonedRhino, on 29 November 2023 - 09:08 AM, said:

As of 11/29/2023 NA Server seems to be unplayable. Long wait time to join a match- after selecting map and game type match appears to begin to load as normal. About 2-3 minutes will go by with no changes only to be dropped to the garage with the reason varying it seems. My most recent was prompted with "Lobby had been destroyed".

Unsure if these issues will be addressed prior to the upcoming patch mentioned within the coming weeks. As it sits currently the game is unplayable for me which is highly unfortunate considering I have been playing this game pretty consistently for the last few months. I will attempt to play here and there before the patch but more than likely will be putting the game down until the server issues are fixed.

Right there with you. I'm done until they fix whatever this is.

#44 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:17 AM

View PostMarsThunder, on 29 November 2023 - 12:48 AM, said:

It is hard for software project to live without any programers support.

They put all their eggs into MW5, not sure why...

Should have taken that money, fixed up MWO and added a single player portion of the game. Then you wouldn't need two seperate teams, two seperate engines, two seperate teams of resources. It confuses me why they did this because having a single platform to handle two games makes sense for a smaller studio. They don't have alot of resources anymore compared to years prior and it definitely shows. Wouldn't hurt if they employed some of the community to try and help them out at this point.

I wonder if anyone at PGI thought about these aspects when MW5 was being discussed and built, because if it was someone with a head on their shoulders had to have said exactly this themselves. Not to mention, call me crazy, but I think MWO looks way better than MW5 does and MWO is using a game engine that is over a decade old.

View PostHawk819, on 29 November 2023 - 09:12 AM, said:

I just got kicked from two games in my Warhawk. Back to back. So when, and if this issue is fixed, I'm out until then.

Right there with you. I'm done until they fix whatever this is.

It's things like this, that even though they talk about a fix, will be another 2 weeks, and will only begin to dwindle away at the playerbase that is left. :-\ We must have patience.

#45 skumm

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 89 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:19 AM

still happening next day 1220 est.

#46 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:44 AM

View PostCwStrife, on 29 November 2023 - 08:57 AM, said:

lost almost 330 mechs? Wait what

its all back after end of match, where you dead somewhere on start place, lol. Terrible for team.

#47 Krinkelz

Rookie

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:46 AM

At this point ya'll need to give us SOMETHING for our troubles after all this, I had eight mech locks in a row......eight......I know everyone on the team will fix this soon enough and have complete confidence but it's become so unplayable on a heavy note. Just wanna go scrap and have fun with my lances. :(

#48 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:59 AM

Oceanic servers are working. Many known names there, in a slow motion though...

In the darkest hour
No one listens
To a million screams
Out in the dark
What makes a
Difference anymore
We drenched our
Fantasies in gore

Project Pitchfork - *Ancension*

Edited by ExoForce, 29 November 2023 - 10:01 AM.

#49 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 265 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 29 November 2023 - 10:33 AM

I experinced that my in game VOIP stopped working.

#50 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 672 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 11:06 AM

Keep getting the message "no servers available" when trying to join a QP match, afterwards the mech in question gets locked as if it was in a match that never started to begin with, at times I have 4 mechs with the red tag.

Edited by simon1812, 29 November 2023 - 11:06 AM.

#51 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 11:10 AM

initiating drop.... Game will be dead until patch...

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 29 November 2023 - 11:10 AM.

#52 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 749 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 29 November 2023 - 11:13 AM

I will try to select only Oceanic servers (which for me is usually a no no, 450/500 ping matches there) to check if it works but so far in the US and EU servers I get past the voting screen, then the game gets stuck in the loading screen, then I get kicked off with a message saying no servers were available. This happened 4 out of 5 tries just today, which in essence makes the game unplayable for me as well.

#53 Selaha

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 11:17 AM

Game crashes 4 times in a row, this should continue for 2 weeks?

#54 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 749 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 29 November 2023 - 11:17 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 29 November 2023 - 11:10 AM, said:

initiating drop.... Game will be dead until patch...

Yeah Matt says there may not be a hotfix and we may have to wait until the 13th... That is just not viable under these circumstances, there HAS to be a hotfix ASAP.

#55 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 11:19 AM

My game volume has dropped by more than ½. Regardless of Master Volume in Settings and all my Windows settings being static for years. Anyone else experiencing this?
Along with all the other aforementioned problems.
As others have pointed out ... running the Onyx exclusively and still server crashes. Not another Centurion in those particular matches. Odd.

#56 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 672 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 11:59 AM

This is outrageous! 2 weeks with no fix for this?...I will be waiting for some MC compensation.... and free mech bays...you know.... To ease the psychological trauma and stuff ....

...Just kidding man! you know I love you all cmon, I'm not going to pretend I didn't buy new games during steam's weekend sale thingy, Jagged Alliance 3 is super fun.

#57 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 12:07 PM

UPDATE:

We understand that the ongoing situation is less than ideal, and we want to assure you that we are actively addressing the issues. We have allocated the necessary resources to resolve these issues promptly and are committed to providing a confirmed fix at the earliest opportunity. Given the complexity of the problems, we are approaching the resolution methodically.
Here's a brief overview of the current plan:

Server Disconnect Issue:
We suspect that the disconnect problem stems from an excess of items in the game. The server loads the database of items that players can potentially equip, cross-referencing it with player loadouts. Due to the growing number of items, servers are timing out during attempts to load both the database items and player loadouts.
Our current best solution involves consolidating bolt-ons. Each bolt-on currently has a unique ID for each Mech it works with, resulting in tens of thousands of IDs. We have reduced this to fewer than 1000 IDs, allowing players to equip certain bolt-ons across multiple mechs for a more flexible system. Testing for this fix is currently underway.

Testing the Fix:
One challenge we face is replicating the issue during testing. The original problem did not surface in our pre-release testing on the staging environment. Our QA team is actively working to reproduce the issue reliably with the old version to confirm the fix in the new version. This process is ongoing but progressing slowly due to build times and deployment processes.

Deploying the Fix:
Before deploying the fix, player items need reconfiguration to align with the new bolt-on systems. A database script is being created and tested to ensure the integrity of player items. We are working efficiently on the potential fix, and if possible, we will implement a hotfix. If needed, we may consider a slight delay in the December patch to ensure a thorough resolution.

Side Note:
The Centurion crash has been confirmed fixed, though integration into the bolt-on fix is uncertain. Our priority remains addressing server disconnects. If the Centurion Fix cannot be integrated, it will be included in the December patch.

Closing:
We want to emphasize that we are diligently working to resolve all critical issues, prioritizing your ability to enjoy the game. Your experience is as important to us as it is to you. We have exciting plans for December, but none of it matters if the game isn't functioning reliably.

Compensation:
Once the fix is deployed, we plan to host an event with compensation as a gesture of appreciation. We look forward to celebrating together.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

#58 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 12:21 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 29 November 2023 - 12:07 PM, said:

UPDATE:

We understand that the ongoing situation is less than ideal, and we want to assure you that we are actively addressing the issues. We have allocated the necessary resources to resolve these issues promptly and are committed to providing a confirmed fix at the earliest opportunity. Given the complexity of the problems, we are approaching the resolution methodically.
Here's a brief overview of the current plan:

Server Disconnect Issue:
We suspect that the disconnect problem stems from an excess of items in the game. The server loads the database of items that players can potentially equip, cross-referencing it with player loadouts. Due to the growing number of items, servers are timing out during attempts to load both the database items and player loadouts.
Our current best solution involves consolidating bolt-ons. Each bolt-on currently has a unique ID for each Mech it works with, resulting in tens of thousands of IDs. We have reduced this to fewer than 1000 IDs, allowing players to equip certain bolt-ons across multiple mechs for a more flexible system. Testing for this fix is currently underway.

Testing the Fix:
One challenge we face is replicating the issue during testing. The original problem did not surface in our pre-release testing on the staging environment. Our QA team is actively working to reproduce the issue reliably with the old version to confirm the fix in the new version. This process is ongoing but progressing slowly due to build times and deployment processes.

Deploying the Fix:
Before deploying the fix, player items need reconfiguration to align with the new bolt-on systems. A database script is being created and tested to ensure the integrity of player items. We are working efficiently on the potential fix, and if possible, we will implement a hotfix. If needed, we may consider a slight delay in the December patch to ensure a thorough resolution.

Side Note:
The Centurion crash has been confirmed fixed, though integration into the bolt-on fix is uncertain. Our priority remains addressing server disconnects. If the Centurion Fix cannot be integrated, it will be included in the December patch.

Closing:
We want to emphasize that we are diligently working to resolve all critical issues, prioritizing your ability to enjoy the game. Your experience is as important to us as it is to you. We have exciting plans for December, but none of it matters if the game isn't functioning reliably.

Compensation:
Once the fix is deployed, we plan to host an event with compensation as a gesture of appreciation. We look forward to celebrating together.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you very much for the update.

#59 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 749 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 29 November 2023 - 12:58 PM

If that is the origin of the problem (or even if it's not) it would be amazing to be able to move bolt-ons between chassis. Too bad the improvement will come after I spent several thousand MC into buying duplicate bolt-ons for different mechs T_T

Thanks for the diligent updates and communication. Too many times the worst aspect of issues in this game are the lack of proper communication so your efforts in this are appreciated Matt.

#60 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:13 PM

Do you know what the sad thing is? Three quarters of those bolt-ons look as utter rummage. All those wrecked cars, tusks, helipads, old tire elbow pads, etc. break even that tiny amount of the BattleTech universe immersion that MWO has. I can hardly imagine Davion Guards or Lyran Guards 'Mechs marching into the battle with 'Mechs carrying such rubbish. Ditto for warriors serving in Clan frontline Galaxies such as CSJ Alpha Galaxy or CGB Beta Galaxy.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users