#62 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:19 PM

View PostFearThePaladin, on 29 November 2023 - 01:14 PM, said:

Is play even possible currently?
It is possible, you just can never be sure if you actually get a game or if you are returned to 'Mechlab. Also, try to take other 'Mechs than the Centurion.

#63 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:23 PM

View PostFearThePaladin, on 29 November 2023 - 01:20 PM, said:

I am unable to join any matches and every mech I attempt to use results in the same failure to find a server. I can get close a couple of times but in the end it always boots me to the error. That is why I was asking if it was even possible. I must have tried 20 - 30 times now and each resulted in mech locked.

My situation is not that bad.

You could try the MWO Repair Tool. Probably it will not help, but it should not hurt.

#64 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:26 PM

Few days ago it was able to play on US servers, now both US and EU servers are unplayable... Hope You can fix it asap...

#65 FearThePaladin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:26 PM

It would help if I tried a different type of mech ;) I was finally able to get a match by switching to the AS7-W(LGN)

#66 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:36 PM

View PostPz_DC, on 29 November 2023 - 01:26 PM, said:

Few days ago it was able to play on US servers, now both US and EU servers are unplayable... Hope You can fix it asap...

Read this, please:

View PostMatt Newman, on 29 November 2023 - 12:07 PM, said:

Deploying the Fix:

Before deploying the fix, player items need reconfiguration to align with the new bolt-on systems.

A database script is being created and tested to ensure the integrity of player items. We are working efficiently on the potential fix, and if possible, we will implement a hotfix. If needed, we may consider a slight delay in the December patch to ensure a thorough resolution.

#67 T B Kind

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:38 PM

View PostKH Slaine, on 29 November 2023 - 11:19 AM, said:

My game volume has dropped by more than ½. Regardless of Master Volume in Settings and all my Windows settings being static for years. Anyone else experiencing this?
Along with all the other aforementioned problems.
As others have pointed out ... running the Onyx exclusively and still server crashes. Not another Centurion in those particular matches. Odd.

I have my game vol drop d/t adapter setting in Windows. A few times a year I have to boost it back. Have a look in adapter settings. :)

#68 MechWarrior Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 164 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:38 PM

cant play a single match today.

#69 FearThePaladin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:41 PM

Try a totally different mech. I think the Juggernaugt may be unplayable right now.

#70 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for update.
Remove all the bolt-ons, guys!!! Posted Image

#71 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:49 PM

View PostMechWarrior Black Knight, on 29 November 2023 - 01:38 PM, said:

cant play a single match today.

I have played a few games since this morning. I wish you more luck tomorrow.

#72 Grey Hook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the update Matt. I hope you and the team can get things sorted out soon.
For what it's worth: I think it would be great if bolt-ons could work across chassis.
I also suspect many of the items could be culled from the list entirely. You guys would have the actual data, but I suspect many of the items are rarely if ever used. The yak horns, for example- is there ANY chassis that those things install on in a way that looks even remotely bull-like, instead of pointing in all manner of derpy directions?
Perhaps if some of the rarely used items were removed from the game, players who owned them could be paid back in MC for their "loss"?

#73 Running Blind

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 03:04 PM

What a terrible list of priorities.
You should be focused on player retention and experience.
Who cares about additional content and events if you're driving your players away in droves because of your terrible support?

#74 Mokkor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 05:56 PM

Thanks a lot for keeping us in the loop.
Love that post was updated with info on why this issue happens. Strength and good luck to everyone fixing it!

#75 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,950 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 29 November 2023 - 06:07 PM

I'm not using any bolt-ons for most of my 'mechs - if players aren't equipping more bolt-ons, it seems like there's some kind of cumulative issue that acts like a memory leak.

View PostMatt Newman, on 29 November 2023 - 12:07 PM, said:

UPDATE:

We understand that the ongoing situation is less than ideal, and we want to assure you that we are actively addressing the issues. We have allocated the necessary resources to resolve these issues promptly and are committed to providing a confirmed fix at the earliest opportunity. Given the complexity of the problems, we are approaching the resolution methodically.
Here's a brief overview of the current plan:

Server Disconnect Issue:
We suspect that the disconnect problem stems from an excess of items in the game. The server loads the database of items that players can potentially equip, cross-referencing it with player loadouts. Due to the growing number of items, servers are timing out during attempts to load both the database items and player loadouts.
Our current best solution involves consolidating bolt-ons. Each bolt-on currently has a unique ID for each Mech it works with, resulting in tens of thousands of IDs. We have reduced this to fewer than 1000 IDs, allowing players to equip certain bolt-ons across multiple mechs for a more flexible system. Testing for this fix is currently underway.

Testing the Fix:
One challenge we face is replicating the issue during testing. The original problem did not surface in our pre-release testing on the staging environment. Our QA team is actively working to reproduce the issue reliably with the old version to confirm the fix in the new version. This process is ongoing but progressing slowly due to build times and deployment processes.

Deploying the Fix:
Before deploying the fix, player items need reconfiguration to align with the new bolt-on systems. A database script is being created and tested to ensure the integrity of player items. We are working efficiently on the potential fix, and if possible, we will implement a hotfix. If needed, we may consider a slight delay in the December patch to ensure a thorough resolution.

Side Note:
The Centurion crash has been confirmed fixed, though integration into the bolt-on fix is uncertain. Our priority remains addressing server disconnects. If the Centurion Fix cannot be integrated, it will be included in the December patch.

Closing:
We want to emphasize that we are diligently working to resolve all critical issues, prioritizing your ability to enjoy the game. Your experience is as important to us as it is to you. We have exciting plans for December, but none of it matters if the game isn't functioning reliably.

Compensation:
Once the fix is deployed, we plan to host an event with compensation as a gesture of appreciation. We look forward to celebrating together.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

#76 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for keeping people updated.

I have not seen any dips in PSR for gimped matches at all and I have had three mechs at once locked in three different matches; this would have been a BIG dip if I disconnected three times in a row under normal conditions. As soon as I got into proper matches I was able to see PSR moving up and down as it should as I was right on the border of different Tiers and so it was easy to see changes...confident players worrying about PSR dropping are safe.

#77 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 29 November 2023 - 06:49 PM

Ouch, that sounds like a huge pain! Thanks for the explanation.
Don't worry, we'll still be here.
Looking forward to the event! Please make it a drop deck event queue :)

#78 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 29 November 2023 - 08:45 PM

I had an crazy idea, that a centurion shield was made from another mech (which locked on).

My suggestion: remove temporally all unnecessary staff, like bolt-ons (I never use any by the way), trees in lab, etc.
Second Idea: if your database is out of ID, etc (lol), its even the precode level error. Too old database design, which unable to improve now. You can only avoid future collapse.

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 29 November 2023 - 08:46 PM.

#79 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 29 November 2023 - 09:35 PM

can't get a drop when i need one on my favorite game,

#80 BigHellkitty

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2023 - 02:50 AM

Aside from the issues, I can't wait for the events! I've only started playing a few months ago and i've been saving up a whole lot of money, looking to buy like 6 new mechs come the holidays!

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users