26 replies to this topic

#21 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 09 December 2023 - 10:22 AM

I don't think it somehow changed to my onboard graphics as I can hear the fans kick on for my graphics card.

I noticed that Fallout 4 has given me the same problem, super slow play.
I have not changed any hardware and all my fans are clear. I keep my system cleaned out.

I changed, in game, DirectX down to 9 from 11 with no change. I uninstalled MWO completely and reinstalled and there is still no change. The slow down in ONLY in game. I am typing this with MWO on and everything is running fine on this screen, but as soon as I alt-tab back to MWO; almost full stop. I tried playing a minute ago and pushed the fire button and it took aver 15 seconds before anything happened, I'm at my wits end!

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 10:59 AM

View Post1Exitar1, on 09 December 2023 - 10:22 AM, said:

I don't think it somehow changed to my onboard graphics as I can hear the fans kick on for my graphics card.

I noticed that Fallout 4 has given me the same problem, super slow play.
I have not changed any hardware and all my fans are clear. I keep my system cleaned out.

I changed, in game, DirectX down to 9 from 11 with no change. I uninstalled MWO completely and reinstalled and there is still no change. The slow down in ONLY in game. I am typing this with MWO on and everything is running fine on this screen, but as soon as I alt-tab back to MWO; almost full stop. I tried playing a minute ago and pushed the fire button and it took aver 15 seconds before anything happened, I'm at my wits end!

Maybe some recent Windows update? Or some recent Graphics card drivers update?

#23 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 09 December 2023 - 03:07 PM

View Postmartian, on 09 December 2023 - 10:59 AM, said:

Maybe some recent Windows update? Or some recent Graphics card drivers update?

As far as I know, I didn't have either until after the problem started.

I do have some good news though. I did a 'Clean Boot' per Windows website, disabling all non-essential programs at startup, and I can now run MWO without problems! In fact, it seems to be running smoother than it was before!

Now I just need to figure out which program or programs were the slow down. Don't ya just LOVE software problems?? /s

Thank you all for the help and advice. It is greatly appreciated! If the mods want, you can close this thread since the problem is 'solved'.

#24 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 12:23 AM

View Post1Exitar1, on 09 December 2023 - 03:07 PM, said:

Now I just need to figure out which program or programs were the slow down. Don't ya just LOVE software problems?? /s

This should not be too difficult. Just allow running one program and check if it hogs too many resources. Then repeat with another. etc.

#25 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2023 - 03:07 AM

View Post1Exitar1, on 09 December 2023 - 03:07 PM, said:

As far as I know, I didn't have either until after the problem started.

I do have some good news though. I did a 'Clean Boot' per Windows website, disabling all non-essential programs at startup, and I can now run MWO without problems! In fact, it seems to be running smoother than it was before!

Thank you all for the help and advice. It is greatly appreciated! If the mods want, you can close this thread since the problem is 'solved'.

Kindof baffled you had such a massive resource hog running . Tbh roughly the 2nd to last thing I would have thought about XD .

If you don't mind and the thread stays open, let us know what you find in terms of "bugger tanking my MW:O performance" ?

#26 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,737 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 December 2023 - 07:15 AM

Do you run Discord? Turn off use of hardware GPU acceleration via Settings/Advanced. There are several programs, depending on what is installed, that has hardware acceleration turned on. Someone started a thread notating that today after they were running into issues. Stream, Chrome and Edge has hardware acceleration enabled by default.

https://mwomercs.com...gpu-video-card/

A few years ago a player had run into an issue where either/both screen resolution/FPS was locked at a lower speed when playing MWO. He ended up having to do a clean wipe then installing 2 programs at a time to find the culprit. Ended up being an enhanced graphic program that had pushed out an update that had furbar things. Pre-the most recent update, no strange behavior.

Always love software problems!! A majority of the time after a MWO update, MWO is usually not the culprit. And especially love it when there is a major windows update that changes some Windows settings back to default, ugghh!!. As for other programs, that is where I try to ensure most programs are not setup to check for updates.. or I should say, check then install updates (depends on that program's setup). Okay on being advised there is an update available but I want to decide if/when it is done.

If you have removed the clean boot option, Task Manager. then Processes, you can sort a column at a time to see which processes are running near the top, especially when MWO is running. Do not forget programs with overlays, said programs may not show themselves until a game is running.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 10 December 2023 - 07:17 AM.

#27 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 December 2023 - 06:17 AM

For the first time since last patch I noticed some very weird things last night on a Solaris City drop - the game would seemingly freeze for 2-3 seconds at a time with no clear cause. Was only that one drop. I have not had this problem before that I can recall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users