#21 FleaMarket

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 07:05 PM

View Postw0qj, on 08 December 2023 - 05:51 PM, said:

Hey Hello Their,

A warm welcome to MWO!

Should you set your heart on the Hero mech Locust Pirate's Bane, it would cost you 1,500 MC at regular price.
~There's a MC 50% Off hero mech sale a few times each year, if you can wait a little...

~You should/will 1,000 MC from this current Phoenix Protocol Compensation Event, and
~You should/will receive another 200 MC from Advent Event Phase 1
~There's a high chance there will be more free MC from other Advent Event too!

==>In short, you should have enough "free" MC for your Pirate's Bane, even at regular MC prices!

Try to enjoy the agony of choosing which Hero mech you desire with your hard-earned MC Posted Image

Edit: Look here also!
https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechs

The mech i think i want to collect is the Adder, i love its look.

#22 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 December 2023 - 07:15 PM

The CBills variant of the Adder ADR-W would hopefully be out in 9+ months... by then, you can add massive inflated hardpoints (read: mass machine guns) into your Adder! Mix and match arms/torso for your Adder Omnimech!
https://mwomercs.com...ward-mech-stats

Right now, you can also have:
~CBills boosted version: ADR-Prime(C) for very good ERPPC operations (-heat, +cooldown, +velocity)
~CBills boosted: Adder Hero mech with good UAC/ammo quirks!

Head: -
Left Arm: 3 Ballistic (Actuators: Upper)
Left Torso: 4 Ballistic
Center Torso: 1 Energy
Right Torso: 4 Ballistic
Right Arm: 3 Ballistic (Actuators: Upper)

Edited by w0qj, 08 December 2023 - 10:05 PM.

#23 FleaMarket

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 07:20 PM

View Postw0qj, on 08 December 2023 - 07:15 PM, said:

The CBills variant of the Adder ADD-W would hopefully be out in 9+ months... by then, you can add massive hardpoint inflated hardpoints into your Adder!

https://mwomercs.com...ward-mech-stats

That would be very cool i just bought the ones with the huge missile racks on the arms haha

#24 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 07:26 PM

Do remember to get your 5x Free colours for all your mechs!

Get your five (5) FREE camo colors for all your mechs!
[MechLab]>>[Camo_Spec]>>[Color_Tab]>>[Basic]
Basic Purple / Red / Orange / Green / Blue !

#25 FleaMarket

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 07:36 PM

View Postw0qj, on 08 December 2023 - 07:26 PM, said:

Do remember to get your 5x Free colours for all your mechs!

Get your five (5) FREE camo colors for all your mechs!
[MechLab]>>[Camo_Spec]>>[Color_Tab]>>[Basic]
Basic Purple / Red / Orange / Green / Blue !

Sweet! thanks for the tip!

#26 FleaMarket

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 08:36 PM

So what i just found out is the CB Flea have stealth armor.... I am stoked!

#27 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2023 - 04:02 AM

View PostFleaMarket, on 08 December 2023 - 08:36 PM, said:

Now we need someone knowledgeable about stealth armor ( not me, Im not using it ) to chime in with how exactly Stealth works, what its benefits are etc .

Edited by Besh, 09 December 2023 - 05:29 AM.

#28 Hello Their

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 04:47 AM

View PostBesh, on 09 December 2023 - 04:02 AM, said:

Now we need someone knowledgeable about stealth armor ( not me, Im not using it ) to chime in with ho exactly Stealth works, what its benefits are etc .

From what i understand is that ecm will knock it offline, it has a timer and when you land or if it goes offline you need to activate it, also stealth means you can't be target locked, the Flea-20 has the stealth armor, from what i discovered is you want to max out in the skill tree ECM and Sizmek skills, also because the Flea-20 is a paper mech, once those skills for the ones i just mentioned are capped your going to want a lot of survival skills, also the ones where if you fall your legs don't take damage. Also good to take would be hill climb. at this point you can go just about anywhere. I don't recommend taking capping skill points because you will need to turn stealth off, if you do that there is a cool down timer. Bonus tip is that you can get free White and Black paint from the events. I recommend full black paint as it camos to just about any terrain and makes you next to impossible to spot in shaded areas of the map.

The Flea-20 will probably be the only one i invest in because of how i want to set it up, all i need now is a Unit to group with lol

Edited by Hello Their, 09 December 2023 - 04:50 AM.

#29 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 December 2023 - 04:59 AM

View PostFleaMarket, on 08 December 2023 - 08:36 PM, said:

Any Inner Sphere mech with ECM can equip Stealth Armor. On some it makes less sense than on others.

#30 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 05:05 AM

Stealth Armor MWO wiki:
https://wiki.mwomerc...Armor/Structure

One of those grey/black mechs that does not even show up in your Heat Vision, with no red targeting info bracket in your HUD.

Any IS mech with ECM can have Stealth Armor, so suggest you play around with it on the Training Grounds to find its weakness(es)! Do have fun exploring the world of MWO!

[Edit]: Tip for MWO newcomers:
Do not press [Save] while in MechLab; just change your IS ECM mech to Stealth Armor, enter Training Grounds without paying any CBills, playing around with Stealth Armor mech, especially its heat dissipation and radar range. Then return to MechLab, then discard your mech's Stealth Armor settings, cancel your changes, and you do not have to pay any CBills!

Stealth Armor IS only. Removes 'Mech from enemy heat vision and sensors, even from UAVs. When active the 'Mech does not dissipate heat. When powered off stealth cannot be re-enabled for 10 seconds. Takes 10 slots, two slots each in the right arm, left arm, right side torso, left side torso, right leg and left leg.

View PostBesh, on 09 December 2023 - 04:02 AM, said:

Now we need someone knowledgeable about stealth armor ( not me, Im not using it ) to chime in with ho exactly Stealth works, what its benefits are etc .

Edited by w0qj, 09 December 2023 - 05:10 AM.

#31 Hello Their

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 05:10 AM

View Postw0qj, on 09 December 2023 - 05:05 AM, said:

Stealth Armor MWO wiki:
https://wiki.mwomerc...Armor/Structure

One of those grey/black mechs that does not even show up in your Heat Vision, with no red targeting info bracket in your HUD.

Any IS mech with ECM can have Stealth Armor, so suggest you play around with it on the Training Grounds to find its weakness(es)! Do have fun exploring the world of MWO!

Thing for me is I Love the Flea. Stealth amor is ok if you know when it gets knocked out. so I am really considering a CB one without it. and build more for speed and Survival for capping Base flags. Skill wise in the stealthy department i also love Sizmek maxed. If i can make the flea able to take a few hits with its size hit box and speed. I am probably going to really enjoy it. Most likely ill get the heroic one but wont be for a couple weeks. and it will be my main mech.

#32 FleaMarket

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 05:40 AM

Few things i noticed is that there is 7/9 Flea's also i have seven slots and 7 are in the shop. I would like all 9 but not sure if the other 2 will return or not. lastly i might roll all 7 of them and spec them accordingly to what they each do. all depends.

#33 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 09 December 2023 - 09:27 AM

Yeah, if you buy a mech for cBills or MC, you need an open mech bay to put it in or you can’t buy it. Mech bays cost MC. And any package of mechs you spend real cash on come with a mech bay each.

my advice, start with a couple of fleas, not all of them. Figure out which weapon load outs are your favorite, make test builds on all of them first without spending cBills. And above all, use trial mechs a lot so you can see which weapon systems you enjoy.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 09 December 2023 - 10:48 PM.

#34 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 December 2023 - 12:17 PM

You gain no advantage by owning all variants of a mech. The very old skill tree needed 3 different variants but if you read that in old posts, it doesn't apply today. Most fleas are similar, so in all likelihood, you'd probably only use 1 or 2 long term.

#35 Big Poppa Pump

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 03:39 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 09 December 2023 - 12:17 PM, said:

You gain no advantage by owning all variants of a mech. The very old skill tree needed 3 different variants but if you read that in old posts, it doesn't apply today. Most fleas are similar, so in all likelihood, you'd probably only use 1 or 2 long term.

The Game is sort of like Pokémon tho, Some people are collectors and have terrible OCD.

#36 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,604 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 09 December 2023 - 04:42 PM

Stealth Armor does three things:
  • It prevents you from being targeted (no red HUD indicators, loocking on with Streaks, etc.)
  • It dramatically reduces your heat dissipation.
  • It dramatically reduces your sensor range.
And since it's an add-on to ECM, getting hit with a PPC will disable it, but it's kind of impervious to UAVs.

#37 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 December 2023 - 05:55 AM

View PostBig Poppa Pump, on 09 December 2023 - 03:39 PM, said:

The Game is sort of like Pokémon tho, Some people are collectors and have terrible OCD.

Fortunately, I never dumped the amount of time or money into this game necessary to collect them all. I'd be worse than broke. And some day, this game and all its assets will cease to exist, so best not to get too caught up in it.

#38 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 December 2023 - 08:24 AM

View PostFleaMarket, on 09 December 2023 - 05:40 AM, said:

Few things i noticed is that there is 7/9 Flea's also i have seven slots and 7 are in the shop. I would like all 9 but not sure if the other 2 will return or not. lastly i might roll all 7 of them and spec them accordingly to what they each do. all depends.

You're missing the FLE-17(S) and FLE-20(P), both of which are just c-bill boosted versions of the respective base chassis. The (S) comes from owning the Collector tier of the Flea pack and the (P) comes from the Platinum collections.

#39 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,809 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 10:36 AM

View PostBig Poppa Pump, on 09 December 2023 - 03:39 PM, said:

Many 'Mech variants are almost identical.

#40 FleaMarket

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 01:04 PM

View PostHorseman, on 10 December 2023 - 08:24 AM, said:

You're missing the FLE-17(S) and FLE-20(P), both of which are just c-bill boosted versions of the respective base chassis. The (S) comes from owning the Collector tier of the Flea pack and the (P) comes from the Platinum collections.

Good to know thanks, i do have the 17(C) i think lol, but i guess if all chassis are the same aside from there boosts, ill be fine with the C or the Heroic one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users