So Much For Your Hot Fix

6 replies to this topic

#1 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 08:32 PM

Just had a drop where 2 people on my side failed to connect, and i've seen the same thing nearly every match tonight; At least 1 player out of 24 being a disco that never properly connected.

Try harder, try again!

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 07 December 2023 - 08:53 PM

That could just be the internet. I don’t drop on Oceanic servers for this reason… my ping is low enough there that disconnects happen.

did any of these players mention more than one mech getting locked ata time?

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 09:33 PM

View PostTywren, on 07 December 2023 - 08:32 PM, said:

Just had a drop where 2 people on my side failed to connect, and i've seen the same thing nearly every match tonight; At least 1 player out of 24 being a disco that never properly connected.

Try harder, try again!

I have played maybe 15-20 games since the hotfix and I have never crashed either to Mechlab or to the desktop.

Also, I have noticed maybe 1 disconnected player per four or five games or so, i.e. nothing horrible. And those discos could have been caused by their failed internet connection, faulty power supply or their own corrupted OS or MWO files or any other cause.

#4 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 09:38 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 07 December 2023 - 08:53 PM, said:

That could just be the internet. I don’t drop on Oceanic servers for this reason… my ping is low enough there that disconnects happen.

did any of these players mention more than one mech getting locked ata time?

I play NA server exclusively, and i just had it happen again in a major way. If i can remember how to post a screenshot i'll show you a match where half the players on my team failed to connect, and when that many fail to connect it's not just random internet issues, it's a server side problem.

#5 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 07 December 2023 - 09:38 PM

I've had no issues since the hotfix.

Ppl DC all the time for many reasons. But this new reason does seem to be resolved.

View PostTywren, on 07 December 2023 - 09:38 PM, said:

I play NA server exclusively, and i just had it happen again in a major way. If i can remember how to post a screenshot i'll show you a match where half the players on my team failed to connect, and when that many fail to connect it's not just random internet issues, it's a server side problem.

Oh yeah half a team not connecting means something is still screwed lol

Edited by Heavy Money, 07 December 2023 - 09:38 PM.

#6 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 08 December 2023 - 07:59 AM

View PostTywren, on 07 December 2023 - 09:38 PM, said:

and when that many fail to connect it's not just random internet issues, it's a server side problem.

Not necessarily. I mean, I'm not making excuses for or giving cover to PGI here, but if there's a major circuit or provider having issues then it easily can affect multiple people.

I wish for a world where PC gamers are savvy enough to run a tracert command to the game servers to see where the holdup is. Sadly, we don't live in that world, and asking them to set a static route around known issues or outages is simply out of the question. Posted Image

#7 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 December 2023 - 03:17 PM

View PostTywren, on 07 December 2023 - 08:32 PM, said:

Try harder, try again!

The hotfix was meant to address issues that 1) prevented matches from starting or 2) caused crashes for anyone dropping in certain Centurion variants.
What you're describing is not it.

Edited by Horseman, 08 December 2023 - 03:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users