Patch Notes - 1.4.289.0 - 12-December-2023

205 replies to this topic

#181 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 02:44 PM

View PostDogistan, on 16 December 2023 - 01:30 PM, said:

If they wanted to reduce time to kill why did they buff standard heatsinks and leave IS DHS where it is?

Because except for a handful of edge case ERLL type builds, SHS were virtually unused. By making the first 10 do a bit more, it gives some slight variation to build possibilities outside the edge cases.

#182 Jormunrek

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 06:20 PM

I hope this doesn't come across as ungrateful, but do you think you could put the warhorns ingame on sale as well?
Unfortunately the only two legendary warhorns I wanted more of aren't in the bundle. And while picking up potentially some of the solaris warhorns I might've missed out on from being gone since 2020/2021 is tempting. Just not at that price tag since there's not really anything there I really want.
But there are "regular" warhorns I'd dump mc on (or the two particular legendary warhorns I wanted more of).

Apologies for interrupting the great heat sink debate of 2023, as you were...

(not expecting a response, but one would be awesome)

#183 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 12:18 AM

Do not forget to play one game in a week, so you can claim your free Warhammer and Commando.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 19 December 2023 - 12:01 AM.
quote clean-up

#184 Dogistan

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 03:21 AM

I'm just busy playing IS and getting this stocking stuffing stuff done and then I will stop playing until the Clan neutering has been reversed in some way. Its not nice when 80% of my mechs which are not meta get nerfed for no reason.

#185 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 03:43 AM

View PostDogistan, on 17 December 2023 - 03:21 AM, said:

I'm just busy playing IS and getting this stocking stuffing stuff done and then I will stop playing until the Clan neutering has been reversed in some way. Its not nice when 80% of my mechs which are not meta get nerfed for no reason.
If you wish. When I deploy in my Clan 'Mechs, I see no big difference.

#186 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 December 2023 - 11:27 AM

A Christmas Santa Mech should have always been an ATLAS... too easy.. Warhammer O.o....

#187 Jormunrek

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 December 2023 - 11:33 AM

View PostMechsniper, on 17 December 2023 - 11:27 AM, said:

A Christmas Santa Mech should have always been an ATLAS... too easy.. Warhammer O.o....

I have to admit the thought of an ATLAS with a santa's hat on is pretty awesome.

#188 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 02:36 AM

I concur with BTGbullseye when it comes to HAGs.

However, the Clan DHS nerf has been so mild that I barely notice any significant difference when using Clan 'Mechs.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 19 December 2023 - 12:00 AM.
quote clean-up

#189 Hawok79

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWo sind wir daheim,Frankfurt am Main!

Posted 18 December 2023 - 08:25 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 December 2023 - 02:36 AM, said:

I concur with BTGbullseye when it comes to HAGs.

However, the Clan DHS nerf has been so mild that I barely notice any significant difference when using Clan 'Mechs.

In combination with the HAG, this is quite noticeable and completely unnecessary.

I have more and more the impression that people who do this don't play the game or at least don't play clan mechs.

#190 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 09:39 AM

View PostHawok79, on 18 December 2023 - 08:25 AM, said:

In combination with the HAG, this is quite noticeable and completely unnecessary.

I have more and more the impression that people who do this don't play the game or at least don't play clan mechs.

So-called Cauldron is doing the MWO balancing now.

#191 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 11:28 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 December 2023 - 09:39 AM, said:

So-called Cauldron is doing the MWO balancing now.

Cauldron can forget a so-called balance, it's just as bad as it was in the days of PGI, only the sides have shifted,
That's exactly what happens when you listen to Como Player and have the FP mode completely out of sight,
The clan's most powerful weapon, "Lasers", has been destroyed The way this is now is bull ****
The Clan's range was drawn equal to the IS Binary or IS X-Puls Large Laser vs Heavy Large, 480-960 on both sides,
The DPS of the X-Pulse on the IS side is a disgrace compared to Clan Laser
if I don't want a mode in this game or don't take it into account Abolish FP or observe it
Absorb the 120 ton difference or let it be
answers questions about why it is that way
Orion Armor structure 170-61 on IS page (small atlas) is not only wrong, it is a slap in the face to all clan players in the FP, FP is group play what does Cauldron do against a push of 12 Orion
Cauldron it's **** FP players pay exactly the same money as QP players, comp is no longer 2 months a year so just stick to the players on the clan side in the FP in the arch

Edited by Staude, 18 December 2023 - 12:28 PM.

#192 Mc Wolf

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 11:25 AM

Great. More nerf to the clans and more buff for IS. GL with faction play. Now IS is superior in every way.

#193 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 11:31 AM

Cauldron

Man, you forgot to Nerv the dropship on the clan page in the FP Don't it forget the next patch

Edited by Staude Coston, 20 December 2023 - 11:37 AM.

#194 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 December 2023 - 01:03 PM

Drop Ship

Nerv Clan off FP

- 10 % Range
+ 20 % Cool down
+ 30 % Burn time

That would be something that would fit the nerve of the clan side perfectly

ah don't forget 2 ER location laser ghost heat from the drop ship

Edited by Staude Coston, 20 December 2023 - 01:38 PM.

#195 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 December 2023 - 02:25 PM

View PostJormunrek, on 17 December 2023 - 11:33 AM, said:

I have to admit the thought of an ATLAS with a santa's hat on is pretty awesome.
already got one as a staue in the cockpit, what we need is a Christmas kodiak polar bear with a santa hat and a MWO themed coke bottle.

#196 Dogistan

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 02:20 AM

Look at the match makeup now. Clans are still filled with high alpha builds. Lot less variety in clan mechs and sometimes barely any Clan. I've been in matches that are like 90% IS much more now. I don't even want to think about how bad it is in faction play.

Don't nerf things that are not causing problems, nerf specifics, you can remove hard points or better add negative perk for hsl of certain weapons for specific mechs or something like that. Why is this so hard for so many video game companies to do?

Same thing happens in Warthunder simulator mode. A bunch of generalized unfocused nerfs and buffs that never fix anything meaningfully but cause more problems, reduction in diversity of play styles. It reduces fun basically... and then you have the constant need for updates to try fix same thing over and over. Its so dumb.

Edited by Dogistan, 21 December 2023 - 02:26 AM.

#197 Yllirion

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 December 2023 - 03:41 AM

View PostStaude Coston, on 20 December 2023 - 11:31 AM, said:

Cauldron

Man, you forgot to Nerv the dropship on the clan page in the FP Don't it forget the next patch

Man, are you okay? Before the patch I mostly play clan mechs and do the same after. Everything remains the same (QP or FP). Maybe its time to try new builds?

#198 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 01:08 AM

View PostDogistan, on 14 December 2023 - 04:39 AM, said:

Clan Heatsinks and general heat efficiency are worse than IS now. Longer burn times, less hitpoints, less options, less hsl, less perks, less alsmost everything when you think about it. I mean its just general neutering across the board, because PGI for some reason doesn't have the ability to nerf specific mechs or so is the excuse.

Literally, quirkless mechs, like the hunchy IIC A and marauder IIC have nothing. Lasers performed well on those two.

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 14 December 2023 - 10:33 PM, said:

I would like to say a little about the past patch.
1) You have degraded clan double heat sinks at first glance by only 0.02 h/s, but in percentage terms this is equal to 9%. That is, in other words, you have practically abolished the “cool run” improvement branch for Clans. You know, it was necessary to do just that, just remove the entire “cool run” leveling up branch for Clan mechs. Why do the Clans even need it?
You can argue that this degradation does not affect single heat sinks, and therefore the "cool run" improvement tree is still relevant for single heat sinks. But hey. Let's be honest? Who needs single radiators? The same applies to their strange “improvements”.
And, by the way, I have serious suspicions that single heat sinks (both Clan and Spheroid) in reality do not correspond to the characteristics declared in the mechlab. But in order to say something accurately, I need to carry out calculations and experiments. Maybe I'll do it someday.
2) The lack of X-pulse improvements will be disappointing. Damage dealt < heat generated + damage taken.
3) The lack of improvements to the BLC will be disappointing. They are too big, too heavy, too hot. Make the BLC better in at least one of the three listed characteristics. It seems to me that reducing their size by one slot may be the optimal solution.
4) The stubborn reluctance of PGI/Cauldron to return streaks to the battlefield will be disappointing.
5) Biggest disappointment. For three years in a row, you, PGI, have been promising to solve the problem of the quality of matches, the problem of groups in qick play, but you have not taken any visible real actions with a noticeable positive result. It is especially disappointing that you prefer to bashfully hush up this problem.

Xpulses are fine. BLC is fine. It's 2 large lasers for 1 less tons and only 1 hardpoint. so if you ran 2 large lasers, would you still complain?

View PostRaydeen, on 15 December 2023 - 02:16 PM, said:

What a stupid solution, Just like a few comments predicted. Solves nothing, now you've just expanded the problem. Of course they are not actually trying to balance the game anyway.

Man. So much people like you are so salty..

View PostFar Reach, on 16 December 2023 - 12:15 PM, said:

What are you people smoking out West? Must be WILD.

Get your asses in gear and roll back that embarrassing and reactionary clan heatsink nerf.

Clanners be like:

#199 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 04:28 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 22 December 2023 - 01:08 AM, said:

Literally, quirkless mechs, like the hunchy IIC A and marauder IIC have nothing. Lasers performed well on those two.

Xpulses are fine. BLC is fine. It's 2 large lasers for 1 less tons and only 1 hardpoint. so if you ran 2 large lasers, would you still complain?

Man. So much people like you are so salty..

Clanners be like:

Yes, the devs have a clear anti-clanner bias, you'd have to be mentally impacted not to notice. Odd,one would figure a pinko-run bussiness would be down with turbo space communists...

Another odd thing: The same two or three people keep posting weak, snarky, dismissive replies in most every patch notes.
They aggressively gatekeep the discussion and dogpile anyone coming in with real, honest feedback.
They fill the discussion with inane banter and distract from the (actual) topic at hand, this causes the thread to slide.

Almost intentionally, y'know? "Ratchet the shills back a bit, ffs."

#200 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 06:22 AM

View PostYllirion, on 21 December 2023 - 03:41 AM, said:

Man, are you okay? Before the patch I mostly play clan mechs and do the same after. Everything remains the same (QP or FP). Maybe its time to try new builds?

He's been crying about every single minor nerf to clans for past few years now, just ignore him.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users