205 replies to this topic

#161 Shadowdusk

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIn the depths of nowhere.

Posted 13 December 2023 - 03:03 PM

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHEN THE SALE IS STARTING?

#162 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 09:09 PM

View PostShadowdusk, on 13 December 2023 - 03:03 PM, said:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHEN THE SALE IS STARTING?

Right now.

#163 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 04:06 AM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 12 December 2023 - 03:19 PM, said:

Why nerf Clan heatsinks? Would you guys quit neutering the damn Clans. The Chamber Pot...er Cauldron I'm sure is to blame.

Clans are never gonna be neutered.

#164 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 04:11 AM

View Postmartian, on 11 December 2023 - 08:37 AM, said:

As far as I know the HBS BattleTech game has never been officially advertised as "classic battletech the game".

On the other hand, the actual desktop BattleTech had been officially branded as Classic BattleTech for years.

Description straight from the BattleTech novel: "a shotgun burst from the dorsal-mounted hyper-assault Gauss rifle" or from the sourcebook "his Hyper-Assault Gauss arsenal ready to fill the flight path with ... clouds of magnetically propelled flak".

And this is the appearance of HAGs from the BattleTech Technical Readout:

Hierofalcon - HAG-20
Posted Image

Onager - HAG-30
Posted Image

I guess that you can imagine the appearance of HAG-40.

Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifles have never been intended to be a long-range, concentrated damage sniper weapons.

HAGs are supposed to be something like Clan ballistic equivalent of Inner Sphere MRMs (or like untypical LBX Autocannon firing only cluster shots), dishing out spread damage and being most useful in the short- and medium-range brackets.

So, like it is right now..?

#165 Dogistan

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 04:39 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 14 December 2023 - 04:06 AM, said:

Clans are never gonna be neutered.

Clan Heatsinks and general heat efficiency are worse than IS now. Longer burn times, less hitpoints, less options, less hsl, less perks, less alsmost everything when you think about it. I mean its just general neutering across the board, because PGI for some reason doesn't have the ability to nerf specific mechs or so is the excuse.

Edited by Dogistan, 14 December 2023 - 06:30 AM.

#166 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 07:32 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 14 December 2023 - 04:11 AM, said:

So, like it is right now..?

One of the key characteristics of the BattleTech HAGs is that they dish out spread damage, similarly how a cluster shot from LBX autocannon works.

I laughed when Cauldron member said that they "nerfed" HAGs when they removed the last bits of spread MWO HAGs originally had.

#167 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,238 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 14 December 2023 - 07:36 AM

View Postmartian, on 13 December 2023 - 12:28 PM, said:

The event is live. Check this link: Mwo Holiday Bonus Free Mech Event
no the event is not live it doesn't start for another 10 days...

#168 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 07:49 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 14 December 2023 - 07:36 AM, said:

no the event is not live it doesn't start for another 10 days...

I meant that the link is active and the event description, etc. has been finally announced.

Edited by martian, 14 December 2023 - 08:13 AM.

#169 Hawok79

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationWo sind wir daheim,Frankfurt am Main!

Posted 14 December 2023 - 11:51 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 December 2023 - 10:20 PM, said:

<p style="text-align: center;">

CLAN DOUBLE HEAT SINKS

• Clan Double Heat Sink dissipation rate has been reduced to 0.2 heat per second per heatsink (from 0.22). This affects both internal engine heat sinks and externally mounted heat sinks.

This getting ridiculous now!

I have a Warhark with two Hag 30 and two ML. Heat MGMT is 1.67/2 and i can no longer defend myself in a brawl against a light without overheating.Even without using the lasers, i quickly reach overheat.

#170 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 12:49 PM

View PostHawok79, on 14 December 2023 - 11:51 AM, said:

[/i]

This getting ridiculous now!

I have a Warhark with two Hag 30 and two ML. Heat MGMT is 1.67/2 and i can no longer defend myself in a brawl against a light without overheating.Even without using the lasers, i quickly reach overheat.
RIP, Dunno what else to say that I haven't already... Caudron just wants you to press o and blow yourself up....

Edited by KursedVixen, 14 December 2023 - 12:51 PM.

#171 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 10:33 PM

I would like to say a little about the past patch.
1) You have degraded clan double heat sinks at first glance by only 0.02 h/s, but in percentage terms this is equal to 9%. That is, in other words, you have practically abolished the “cool run” improvement branch for Clans. You know, it was necessary to do just that, just remove the entire “cool run” leveling up branch for Clan mechs. Why do the Clans even need it?
You can argue that this degradation does not affect single heat sinks, and therefore the "cool run" improvement tree is still relevant for single heat sinks. But hey. Let's be honest? Who needs single radiators? The same applies to their strange “improvements”.
And, by the way, I have serious suspicions that single heat sinks (both Clan and Spheroid) in reality do not correspond to the characteristics declared in the mechlab. But in order to say something accurately, I need to carry out calculations and experiments. Maybe I'll do it someday.
2) The lack of X-pulse improvements will be disappointing. Damage dealt < heat generated + damage taken.
3) The lack of improvements to the BLC will be disappointing. They are too big, too heavy, too hot. Make the BLC better in at least one of the three listed characteristics. It seems to me that reducing their size by one slot may be the optimal solution.
4) The stubborn reluctance of PGI/Cauldron to return streaks to the battlefield will be disappointing.
5) Biggest disappointment. For three years in a row, you, PGI, have been promising to solve the problem of the quality of matches, the problem of groups in qick play, but you have not taken any visible real actions with a noticeable positive result. It is especially disappointing that you prefer to bashfully hush up this problem.

#172 MOPCKOE

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 07:06 AM

CLAN DOUBLE HEAT SINKS NOTHING CHANGES
On my HBR meta build i dont feel any changes. According to the numbers, they seem to have cut its efficiency by 2 radiators, but this is not felt at all.

Another imaginary “nerf” of clans by -0.0001 percent. Cause this is clan's

#173 Dogistan

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 09:14 AM

View PostMOPCKOE, on 15 December 2023 - 07:06 AM, said:

CLAN DOUBLE HEAT SINKS NOTHING CHANGES
On my HBR meta build i dont feel any changes. According to the numbers, they seem to have cut its efficiency by 2 radiators, but this is not felt at all.

Another imaginary “nerf” of clans by -0.0001 percent. Cause this is clan's

It is felt on non meta dps builds that run hot. Basically they nerfed Clan mechs that weren't causing any trouble and made the meta alpha builds more likely to be the only Clan mechs anyone plays. IE: Deep rooted double sided power creep.

Edited by Dogistan, 16 December 2023 - 01:25 PM.

#174 Raydeen

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 02:16 PM

What a stupid solution, Just like a few comments predicted. Solves nothing, now you've just expanded the problem. Of course they are not actually trying to balance the game anyway.

#175 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 10:39 AM

can someone from cauldron explain the reasoning behind nerfing clan double heatsink by 10% ?

#176 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 11:15 AM

View PostADI84000, on 16 December 2023 - 10:39 AM, said:

can someone from cauldron explain the reasoning behind nerfing clan double heatsink by 10% ?
clan Alpha OP was all that i pretty much saw behind the reasoning ,but i'm not cauldron ,but I doubt you'll get an answer so

#177 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 11:26 AM

View PostADI84000, on 16 December 2023 - 10:39 AM, said:

Read this to know the official explanation, please:

View PostFrost_Byte, on 20 November 2023 - 04:08 PM, said:

Starting in December we plan on slowing time to kill. The first is probably a clan double heatsink nerf. But most of cauldron is aware of time to kill quickening to the point of becoming a problem. We just wanted to avoid radical changes to the meta until Champion Series is over.

View PostKursedVixen, on 16 December 2023 - 11:15 AM, said:

clan Alpha OP was all that i pretty much saw behind the reasoning ,but i'm not cauldron ,but I doubt you'll get an answer so

They have already given you the answer. See above.

#178 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 12:15 PM

What are you people smoking out West? Must be WILD.

Get your asses in gear and roll back that embarrassing and reactionary clan heatsink nerf.

#179 Praetor Andreas

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 16 December 2023 - 12:45 PM

Unfortunately, the patch has hardly helped. The game has been almost unplayable for weeks. When I fire at the center of a slow mech with a laser, I usually hit the shoulder. From a speed of 80, sometimes nothing at all. People within a radius of 1000 km tell me that it doesn't work any better for them either. You should definitely hire someone to improve the latency. It works in other :( games too.

#180 Dogistan

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 01:30 PM

If they wanted to reduce time to kill why did they buff standard heatsinks and leave IS DHS where it is?

Edited by Dogistan, 16 December 2023 - 01:30 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users