36 replies to this topic

#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 12:40 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 12 December 2023 - 05:34 PM, said:

Wow, 250 component destructions, eh? That is not a trivial amount.10 a day, every day. Hope you don't miss a day of playing.
It is not that bad. I have destroyed 53 components so far, and considering that the event ends in 26 days, I see no big problem here.

View PostRonbo, on 13 December 2023 - 11:10 AM, said:

I agree, 250 components is alot. I got to 169 last time after a lot of games, and finally gave up. its a bit much for those of us that dont play for hours on end every day. just my take..
It is not as difficult as it seems. Just do not give up. Also, it would go smoother with the right kind of weapons, if you know what I mean.

View PostKilling Strangers, on 12 December 2023 - 08:02 PM, said:

umm, when do we get the 2 free december mechs and when will the warhorn bundle be on the store ?
The event is live. Check this link: Mwo Holiday Bonus Free Mech Event

Edited by martian, 13 December 2023 - 12:42 PM.

#22 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,423 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 December 2023 - 01:38 PM

"250 components destroyed" would just leave a bad taste in these players' mouth, give a bad feeling about MWO, which is counter-productive.

I feel that 250 components destroyed is quite a high requirement for casual MWO players, or for those who start this Event with 1-2 weeks left...
https://mwomercs.com/events/543

I remember there was a recent Trick or Treat Event which required 250 components destroyed.
I started this Event with just 2 weeks left, and I could not meet this 250 components destoryed.

Pity those newcomers with new unskilled mechs (I've just talked to a MWO newcomer just now), those joining this event with just 1-2 weeks left, or those with real life considerations (i.e.: me!).

"250 components destroyed" would just leave a bad taste in these players' mouth, give a bad feeling about MWO, which is counter-productive.

#23 RoyKilroy

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 02:24 PM

I got 190 components destroyed in the October event. Since my shooting skills have not dramatically increased since then, I don't expect to achieve the 250 goal this time. Oh well....

#24 RaTMaN203

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 04:37 PM

I didn't complete the last 250 components destroyed and gave up because I wasn't even going to be close.

I don't think I'm going to bother this time either.

I find it amusing that there is a 150 kill assist achievement which you can do with you eyes closed with any mech but 250 for components which if you get the right build and have the time its possible to grind it out.

The other amusing thing is I find the components destroyed achievement alone is harder to complete than completing the entire laughable easy battle passes which you can complete in like 2-3 days without trying which i find is so unsatisfying. Might as well just give all that stuff along with the Mech. It doesn't even feel like a battlepass of any sort.

I think 100 components at most would be fine in my opinion.

All that being said I do appreciate all the work, events and new content additions (mechs, maps, weapons, etc).
Thanks for all that and keep up the great work.

#25 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 13 December 2023 - 09:56 PM

View Postw0qj, on 13 December 2023 - 01:38 PM, said:

I feel that 250 components destroyed is quite a high requirement for casual MWO players, or for those who start this Event with 1-2 weeks left...
https://mwomercs.com/events/543

I remember there was a recent Trick or Treat Event which required 250 components destroyed.
I started this Event with just 2 weeks left, and I could not meet this 250 components destoryed.

Pity those newcomers with new unskilled mechs (I've just talked to a MWO newcomer just now), those joining this event with just 1-2 weeks left, or those with real life considerations (i.e.: me!).

View PostRoyKilroy, on 13 December 2023 - 02:24 PM, said:

I got 190 components destroyed in the October event. Since my shooting skills have not dramatically increased since then, I don't expect to achieve the 250 goal this time. Oh well....

View PostRaTMaN203, on 13 December 2023 - 04:37 PM, said:

I didn't complete the last 250 components destroyed and gave up because I wasn't even going to be close.

I don't think I'm going to bother this time either.

I find it amusing that there is a 150 kill assist achievement which you can do with you eyes closed with any mech but 250 for components which if you get the right build and have the time its possible to grind it out.

The other amusing thing is I find the components destroyed achievement alone is harder to complete than completing the entire laughable easy battle passes which you can complete in like 2-3 days without trying which i find is so unsatisfying. Might as well just give all that stuff along with the Mech. It doesn't even feel like a battlepass of any sort.

All that being said I do appreciate all the work, events and new content additions (mechs, maps, weapons, etc).
Thanks for all that and keep up the great work.

It is called "challenge", so it should be a bit challenging. You still have more than 25 days to complete it.

#26 RaTMaN203

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 01:16 AM

View Postmartian, on 13 December 2023 - 09:56 PM, said:

It is called "challenge", so it should be a bit challenging. You still have more than 25 days to complete it.

Its not called challenge.. its called grind. The headshot achievement is a challenge, this is clearly grinding. and everyone doesn't have 25 days to complete it because lots people have lives. It just expires within 25 days. If you get to play games for the whole 25 days, then lucky you. I put examples of other things that are as you say "Challenge" and they are absolutely not a challenge, this is completely the opposite, and as there are some people who can complete this there are many who will not, which is clearly out of line with the rest of the achievements.

#27 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 04:15 AM

It's not that difficult just load up on some dakka and blast away. I played for two hours this morning got most of the advent rewards and 43 of the 250 components. For me the headshot challenge is a challenge. I think in the 8 years I have been playing I might have 3 or 4 total headshots. A stock hunchback iic weapons loadout should net you the majority of the components.

Edited by Ralph Edwards, 14 December 2023 - 04:16 AM.

#28 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 08:46 AM

View PostRaTMaN203, on 14 December 2023 - 01:16 AM, said:

Its not called challenge.. its called grind. The headshot achievement is a challenge, this is clearly grinding. and everyone doesn't have 25 days to complete it because lots people have lives. It just expires within 25 days. If you get to play games for the whole 25 days, then lucky you. I put examples of other things that are as you say "Challenge" and they are absolutely not a challenge, this is completely the opposite, and as there are some people who can complete this there are many who will not, which is clearly out of line with the rest of the achievements.

What grind? Destroyed components come naturally with playing the game:

You kill enemy 'Mech - you destroy one or more components.
You seriously damage enemy 'Mech (I am not talking about just sandblasting some armor) - you destroy some components.
You remove enemy 'Mech's limb(s) - you destroy some components.
etc.

everyone doesn't have 25 days to complete it ... It just expires within 25 days. ... for the whole 25 days, ...

Your talk about "doesn't have 25 days to complete it" and "play games for the whole 25 days" etc. could be true for you, but not for other players. Currently I am on slightly less than 100 destroyed components and I really do not know why I should need 25 days to destroy 250 components.

I put examples of other things that are as you say "Challenge" and they are absolutely not a challenge, this is completely the opposite, and as there are some people who can complete this there are many who will not, which is clearly out of line with the rest of the achievements.

Challenge is supposed to, you know, challenging. Otherwise, it would be called a giveaway. You must show some skill and effort to earn the reward. Some players can complete a challenge, other players cannot.

It is absolutely normal that not every player completes every part of a challenge.

#29 Poseidolon

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 01:09 AM

Thanks for adding the Longbow purchase to the bonus stockings.

#30 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 02:45 PM

View PostRith710, on 12 December 2023 - 04:50 PM, said:

I had a question, though -

Is there a way to preview the patterns available for the unlockable Camo patterns? At least to see the color schemes, even if not for every individual Mech?

Preview ingame is always possible WITHOUT buying anything !! Posted Image

View PostKhalcruth, on 12 December 2023 - 05:34 PM, said:

Wow, 250 component destructions, eh? That is not a trivial amount.10 a day, every day. Hope you don't miss a day of playing.

It's easy to do with DAKKA mechs but that is soo boring that even I can't be bothered doing it...

View PostRonbo, on 13 December 2023 - 11:10 AM, said:

I agree, 250 components is alot. I got to 169 last time after a lot of games, and finally gave up. its a bit much for those of us that dont play for hours on end every day. just my take..

I got to 241 with the previous one and stopped to support players like you who don't have much time to play games in general Posted Image

Also the reward back then and also now is something I don't really care about...

Same goes for the headshot one, but I got it anyway in the meantime without hunting for it Posted Image

View Postmartian, on 13 December 2023 - 12:40 PM, said:

It is not that bad. I have destroyed 53 components so far, and considering that the event ends in 26 days, I see no big problem here.

It is not as difficult as it seems. Just do not give up. Also, it would go smoother with the right kind of weapons, if you know what I mean.

The last one did not go smooth for me to be honest due to seriously bad games and A LOT of losses that were 6-12 or WORSE !!! Posted Image

Now I have done Part 1 and am at somewhere just over 50% of it but I won't be finishing it if possible to support the ones who see it as too much like mentioned above Posted Image

View Postw0qj, on 13 December 2023 - 01:38 PM, said:

I did the same and stopped at 241 intentionally Posted Image

those with real life considerations (i.e.: me!).

Those are the reason I stopped Posted Image

View PostRaTMaN203, on 13 December 2023 - 04:37 PM, said:

Battlepasses are IMHO pure polution of the whole gaming industry !!! Posted Image

IMHO it should not have returned at all after the Halloween Event Posted Image

Another thing I hate is simply getting Wins in MWO for the last 2 or 3 years with the Low Skilled Players that seem to be the majority in the current Player Base Posted Image

We need Events that teach people how to play and not just grind stuff like clueless zombies !!!

View Postmartian, on 13 December 2023 - 09:56 PM, said:

More like =>

Its not called challenge.. its called grind.

Posted Image

The headshot achievement is a challenge, this is clearly grinding.

Actually you can grind that one out too if you want :
- Fast Light Mech like Flea/Locust/Piranha
- Hunt for AFK/IDLE mechs @ Enemy Spawn Posted Image

Ignore Disconnects because those have messed up hitboxes! Posted Image

View PostRalph Edwards, on 14 December 2023 - 04:15 AM, said:

It's not that difficult just load up on some dakka and blast away.

That is boring IMHO if you have to do 250 of them... Posted Image

For me the headshot challenge is a challenge. I think in the 8 years I have been playing I might have 3 or 4 total headshots. A stock hunchback iic weapons loadout should net you the majority of the components.

I got mine on Day #2 or #3 with some nice MRM 10 SPAM into the damaged head of a Stalker and I believe that is Headshot 21 or 22 on my Headshot Counter Posted Image Posted Image

View Postmartian, on 14 December 2023 - 08:46 AM, said:

I really do not know why I should need 25 days to destroy 250 components.

Getting dropped in crappy teams could be one of the reasons too! Posted Image

You must show some skill and effort to earn the reward. Some players can complete a challenge, other players cannot.

It is absolutely normal that not every player completes every part of a challenge.

I can remember the days when this game was a lot harder to play Events Wise and back then that was more the rule than the exception! Posted Image

#31 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 18 December 2023 - 09:38 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 18 December 2023 - 02:45 PM, said:

It's easy to do with DAKKA mechs but that is soo boring that even I can't be bothered doing it...
LBX autocannons are great for destroying components.

#32 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 December 2023 - 12:07 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 December 2023 - 09:38 PM, said:

LBX autocannons are great for destroying components.

My favorite is the KGC-000 with 6 x AC/2 Posted Image but I already have like 200.000 XP on that thing that's just sitting there being useless ;) :D :P

#33 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 22 December 2023 - 06:56 PM

Why aren't any of the other Legendary Mechs eligible for bonus loot bags??

#34 Crimzin

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 10:39 PM

Yea guys thanks for everything, I just joined and have been spoilt rotten, really enjoying the game.

I got 250 component destroyed goal in around 30 hours play time as a newbie, It might be my aim is terrible which helps, as I noticed all the cool cats aim directly for torso (and kill fast off course).

#35 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 11:15 PM

View PostCrimzin, on 22 December 2023 - 10:39 PM, said:

Yea guys thanks for everything, I just joined and have been spoilt rotten, really enjoying the game.

I got 250 component destroyed goal in around 30 hours play time as a newbie, It might be my aim is terrible which helps, as I noticed all the cool cats aim directly for torso (and kill fast off course).

Should you encounter any difficulties on your way to Tier 1, you can always ask here: New Player Help

#36 BlackViperMWG

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 03:04 AM

Where are the stocking stuffers though? At the event page (https://mwomercs.com...=202312stocking) there are only loot bags, but those grand prizes clearly say "earn a 100/200/300 stocking stuffers", are those just imaginary?

#37 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 December 2023 - 10:21 AM

View PostBlackViperMWG, on 25 December 2023 - 03:04 AM, said:

Where are the stocking stuffers though? At the event page (https://mwomercs.com...=202312stocking) there are only loot bags, but those grand prizes clearly say "earn a 100/200/300 stocking stuffers", are those just imaginary?

HINT :

There are LOOTBAGS INSIDE YOUR HUGE MECHSIZED STOCKINGS !!! :P

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users