Gorewing Cockpit

8 replies to this topic

#1 Big Poppa Pump

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 07:39 PM

Can anyone who has it let me know how the Vision is in it, Debating between Gorewing, Howl or Spitfire. Thanks

#2 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 08:30 PM

View PostBig Poppa Pump, on 14 December 2023 - 07:39 PM, said:

Can anyone who has it let me know how the Vision is in it, Debating between Gorewing, Howl or Spitfire. Thanks

Check YT maybe there's videos of people playing the gorewing or any Vapor Eagle. Or just buy a CB Vapes. It has good vision generally.

Edited by RockmachinE, 14 December 2023 - 08:31 PM.

#3 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 08:41 PM

#4 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 14 December 2023 - 08:48 PM

View PostBig Poppa Pump, on 14 December 2023 - 07:39 PM, said:

i feel like it's a tie fighter without the huge solar panels, the worse cockpit i've ever seen is the Piranha.

#5 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 December 2023 - 10:32 PM

Gorewing should be fitted for no fall damage and max jj burn so you can do orbital strikes. Vision isn't as important when doing that as long as the frontal and side vision is good and the gorewing cockpit has that. The sides are a bit restricted but only when zoomed out fully.

#6 RockmachinE

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 06:16 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 14 December 2023 - 08:48 PM, said:

i feel like it's a tie fighter without the huge solar panels, the worse cockpit i've ever seen is the Piranha.

Dude I literally can't play Piranhas because of this. The view area of a Piranha is equal to the first zoom level, so its like running around zoomed in. I wanna play the mech, but I can't stand the limited filed of view.

#7 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 15 December 2023 - 06:30 AM

you can drop mechs from the ingame store to the testing grounds, just go see foryourself Posted Image

edit; just went to check for myself and is it just me or does ttb have way more field of view than normal ?

edit again, lol i discovered the fov slider

Edited by aardappelianen, 15 December 2023 - 06:46 AM.

#8 Junzo

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2023 - 07:18 AM

Personally I was disappointed in the Gorewing. It's max speed is only about 75 (With speed tweaks it'll go 80). They limited the biggest engine you can put in it (XL 225)and if I want to play something that slow, I might as well play a Heavy with way more weapons. No other vapor eagle has a engine limit like that. If I could return the gorewing and exchange it, I would. I didn't realize the engine limitation until after I bought it.

#9 Meep Meep

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 15 December 2023 - 05:02 PM

View PostJunzo, on 15 December 2023 - 07:18 AM, said:

Personally I was disappointed in the Gorewing. It's max speed is only about 75 (With speed tweaks it'll go 80). They limited the biggest engine you can put in it (XL 225)and if I want to play something that slow, I might as well play a Heavy with way more weapons. No other vapor eagle has a engine limit like that. If I could return the gorewing and exchange it, I would. I didn't realize the engine limitation until after I bought it.

Try this. Yeah yeah its even slower but its still fast enough to keep up with any nascar and thats all you need.

vgl-gwlgd

Take the full fall damage and jj juice nodes then whatever else you fancy and constantly poptart out 51 point alphas over and over at range. It's also great as a wall sniper since you can easily get to pretty much any sniping spot in the game. Pair up with an ecm sniper and enjoy the salt on maps like hpg etc or be an annoying ***** on top of the metal mushrooms on free worlds.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users