- - - - -

Coming Back After Yeras And Need Advice

5 replies to this topic

#1 LostControl

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 12:15 PM

HI there! after many many years IM back, just downloaded the client, but need advice desperately. HOw can I purchase premium time? Id like to buy a couple of mechs but IM overwhelmed with so many options, wich mech, class do you suggest for a newbie, and any other advice is welcome, thanks in advance

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 December 2023 - 12:30 PM

View PostLostControl, on 23 December 2023 - 12:15 PM, said:

HI there! after many many years IM back, just downloaded the client, but need advice desperately. HOw can I purchase premium time? Id like to buy a couple of mechs but IM overwhelmed with so many options, wich mech, class do you suggest for a newbie, and any other advice is welcome, thanks in advance
the mech choice depends on your prefrence do you like missiles lasers or ballstics? do you like being fast or slow and powerful? You came in at a good time we have two events going on that give free stuff with the loot bags make sure to check the page.

https://mwomercs.com...=202312stocking

For 100 match score you get one loot bag
For 100 damage you get one loot bag.

you buy premium time on steam or on the store here on the webpage....

right now if you want a fast mech i recommend the MLX-G Mist lynx G it's got jump jets a couple of laers and a a good load of Heavy machine guns, it's a trial mech so you can use it from the get go you just can't change anything on it. if you like it you can buy one for yourself and customize it to your hearts content, it's a light so even though it's clan it's cheap

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 December 2023 - 12:33 PM.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 23 December 2023 - 12:53 PM

AND... you'll get two free mechs for playing a single game in a couple days. PLUS 7 days premium time.

https://mwomercs.com...free-mech-event

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 23 December 2023 - 01:04 PM

HI there! after many many years IM back, just downloaded the client, but need advice desperately.

Hello!

How can I purchase premium time?

1. Click "Store".

Posted Image

2. Click "Boosters".

Posted Image

3. Check what types of Premium Time you can buy.

Posted Image
4. Click "Add to Cart" and confirm with "OK".

Posted Image

5. Click the "Cart" button.

Posted Image

6. Check what you are buying and confirm your purchase.

Posted Image

Id like to buy a couple of mechs but IM overwhelmed with so many options, wich mech, class do you suggest for a newbie, and any other advice is welcome, thanks in advance

Do you have any previous experience with MechWarrior games?

How many MWO games have you played?

If I might suggest something, avoid light 'Mechs and assault 'Mechs. Both require some experience and knowledge that many new players lack.

Check this event: Mwo Holiday Bonus Free Mech Event
You play one game with the Match Score at least 50 points and you will get a pair of good 'Mechs for free. Both 'Mechs come with the +30% C-Bills bonus.

#5 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 December 2023 - 11:22 AM

Welcome back! So, what 'mechs do you have already, and what weight classes did you like to play, Back in the Day? What you've enjoyed in the past will give us clues as to what you'll enjoy now. I mean, you can always just go with a Laservomit Timber Wolf; it'll do well and it's easy to use, smoothing your transition back, but let us know what you like!

Also, the Trial Mechs no longer suck! The canon stock builds have been replaced with effective loadouts, so they're actually a great way to try a 'mech out and see.

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 December 2023 - 11:29 AM

A warm welcome back to MWO!

My personal advice is for you to play MWO as a "free-to-play" (F2P) player, to get a feel of the game all over again...

As mentioned by above players, Premium Time is given out so freely that it's normal to get 7-14 days of "free" Premium Time each month...

And if you really like MWO, then perhaps some of the Mech Packs would entice you... and a fair number of these mech packs actually includes Premium Time also...

This advice is coming from a "paid" MWO player, got almost all my Premium Time from buying Mech Packs...
eg: Stone Rhino = 30 days Premium Time (many of its variants is fun, also SR-6(S)! )
eg: Longbow = 30 days Premium Time (LGB-OC Hero Mech with MASC+Laser vomit at 80+ kph is fun!)

HI there! after many many years IM back, just downloaded the client, but need advice desperately. How can I purchase premium time? Id like to buy a couple of mechs but IM overwhelmed with so many options, wich mech, class do you suggest for a newbie, and any other advice is welcome, thanks in advance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users