Mechwarrior Online Legends 2024 Q1 Intel

171 replies to this topic

#101 Davax

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 05:19 AM

Pick any hero mech would be nice as an event. Don't mind if it's restricted to one weight category.

Edited by Davax, 18 January 2024 - 05:19 AM.

#102 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 05:50 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 17 January 2024 - 09:52 AM, said:

okay i'm not too please about all the guass varients IS is getting but overall i like the new weapon ideas I'm glad you decided to add Protomech Acs....

Could you stop your usual "Poor, poor Clans" whining, please?

The Inner Sphere is going to get Magshot, the Clans are going to get similar Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifle.

The Inner Sphere is going to get Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle in January 2024 because the Clans were already given Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle - three different calibers of HAG, to be exact - in August 2023.

How many times do I have to tell you that you can not cherry-pick one aspect while ignoring everything else that does not suit your agenda?

#103 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 06:21 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 January 2024 - 05:50 AM, said:

Could you stop your usual "Poor, poor Clans" whining, please?

The Inner Sphere is going to get Magshot, the Clans are going to get similar Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifle.

The Inner Sphere is going to get Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle in January 2024 because the Clans were already given Hyper-Assault Gauss Rifle - three different calibers of HAG, to be exact - in August 2023.

How many times do I have to tell you that you can not cherry-pick one aspect while ignoring everything else that does not suit your agenda?

The, clans don't have a lot of Gauss weapons to pick from. All of these weapons I am excited to try. So much building to be done, and science to be had. Imagine the grid iron with the silver bullet, that thing will be a machine gun Gauss if it goes fast.

View PostRoodkapje, on 17 January 2024 - 01:11 PM, said:

Finally someone who plays with honor! Posted ImagePosted Image

I also use ATM's as Streak SRM's Posted Image

NO.

HELL NO !!! Posted ImagePosted Image

I hope so too my brother! Posted Image

If there is one thing I hate then it's that kind of players! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I dislike the Cauldron but I really need some Light PPC-like weapon for my Clan Mechs that are Lights Hunters so if this weapon can do that then I am totally fine with their choice! Posted Image

Yes yes. I've been pushing for plasma Cannon cause it's another ppc option, and it can work on smaller mechs. It allows for variety. And thats good

#104 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 06:29 AM

That's right, both the Clan plasma cannon and Inner Sphere plasma rifle use ammunition. No complaints here! I think that would make the weapon more interesting and be a good lead-up to chemical lasers!

I'd rather see chemical lasers than a "beam laser" but maybe someday soon... The canon Nova with chemical lasers is downright brutal!

Edited by TELEFORCE, 18 January 2024 - 06:39 AM.

#105 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2024 - 06:51 AM

I see you're intentionally bastardizing the Clan Plasma Cannon, but please, please tell us it will still use ammo, like it's supposed to!!

#106 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2024 - 07:08 AM

View PostFrost_Byte, on 17 January 2024 - 07:26 PM, said:

I can confirm that the EXE-B-C(LGD) will share omnipods with other Executioners.

Just.... No... They're two different 'mechs. MWO's implementation of Omnipods is a bit of a fib for the sake of balance (which you're throwing out the window), but an "Omnimech" doesn't change its structural or fixed components. It just plugs on weapons and equipment, while leaving the base chassis the same. An Executioner Omnimech is an Executioner. It can be reconfigured with "Configuration A, B, or C", but it's the same physical 'mech underneath, which is not the Executioner-B.

#107 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 January 2024 - 07:12 AM

View PostHawk819, on 17 January 2024 - 06:28 AM, said:

All I gotta say is: It needs to be the Widowmaker.

You can't get more legendary than that.

Problem is, you can build the record sheet Widowmaker in-game, already. You basically start with the DWF-W, and swap the arms for either A and B, or Primes (you need two energy on each arm). Two ERML's in the CT, an ERSL in the head, LPL/PPC combo on each arm, a UAC/20 in the RT, two tons of ammo in the adjacent arm, and fill the rest with heat sinks. That's why it hasn't been added, yet, is because apart from quirks or a paint scheme, it doesn't add anything to the game that we don't already have.

#108 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 08:09 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 January 2024 - 07:12 AM, said:

Problem is, you can build the record sheet Widowmaker in-game, already. You basically start with the DWF-W, and swap the arms for either A and B, or Primes (you need two energy on each arm). Two ERML's in the CT, an ERSL in the head, LPL/PPC combo on each arm, a UAC/20 in the RT, two tons of ammo in the adjacent arm, and fill the rest with heat sinks. That's why it hasn't been added, yet, is because apart from quirks or a paint scheme, it doesn't add anything to the game that we don't already have.

Very true. I've also had good experience with that exact Widowmaker configuration - just liberal use of bracket fire is needed!

Edited by TELEFORCE, 18 January 2024 - 08:10 AM.

#109 Frost_Byte

• 68 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 09:10 AM

The Clan Plasma Cannon will not be utilizing ammo.

#110 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 09:16 AM

View Postnopempele, on 18 January 2024 - 04:02 AM, said:

How true to the lore heat damage is "ruining fun", while 2+km instant high alpha damage from bespoke multi-ERPPC/Gauss boats (specifically crafted to exploit this game M_E_T_A) is not? There is nothing more ruining the fun of the game for everyone (including their own team) than a bunch of such tryhard snipers camping at high points.

Stunlocking (forcing inaction) is a cancerous mechanism for any game, MWO or not. That said, with the lighter weight of the Plasma Cannon allowing smaller mechs to carry it, you could also close with the snipers and ruin their fun by actually shooting them with a damage dealing weapon. Posted Image

#111 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 10:45 AM

Releasing new advanced armor choices would drastically increase time to kill and provide a balance to these new weapons ~ wicked work putting something fresh out BTW.

#112 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 11:23 AM

View Postnopempele, on 18 January 2024 - 04:02 AM, said:

How true to the lore heat damage is "ruining fun", while 2+km instant high alpha damage from bespoke multi-ERPPC/Gauss boats (specifically crafted to exploit this game M_E_T_A) is not?

There is nothing more ruining the fun of the game for everyone (including their own team) than a bunch of such tryhard snipers camping at high points.

I seriously hate that kind of players! Posted Image

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 18 January 2024 - 04:41 AM, said:

Of course, I will read this news later, but tell me now, is there at least one word about match balance and matchmaker improvements, the division of group and solo quick play?

IIRC there has been a clear statement that they won't change anything about any of those things so we are stuck with what we have :
- A not working MatchMaker.
- A seriously weird PSR system that just punishes you all the time and does not reward you correctly when it does...
- And then the fact that those two barely work together in the game!

Posted Image

View PostMechWarrior5782621, on 18 January 2024 - 04:42 AM, said:

Good stuff, but now it's time to finally save faction play. Start by reducing teams to 10v10 and adding more rewards. That'll get more people playing & reduce wait times. Then you can start collecting feedback on what actually needs to be fixed in the game mode.

And don't let the cauldron control everything too much. Obviously they are all comp players so they don't care about FP. But it's worth saving.

Kick Cauldron out and start fixing Faction Warfare sounds like an execellent plan! Posted Image

View PostRhaelcan, on 18 January 2024 - 06:21 AM, said:

Yes yes. I've been pushing for plasma Cannon cause it's another ppc option, and it can work on smaller mechs.

It allows for variety. And thats good.

Time will tell Posted Image

View PostFar Reach, on 18 January 2024 - 10:45 AM, said:

Releasing new advanced armor choices would drastically increase time to kill and provide a balance to these new weapons ~ wicked work putting something fresh out BTW.

Sometimes it feels like we have a lot of unused stuff in this game due to all kinds of limitations so maybe new armor choices could fix that too : Less weight, Less slots, and so on... Posted Image

Some things that really bother me in the game currently :
- Invisible wall like things in many maps!
- Huge curbs or stones or ramps where some of the largest mechs can't walk over or on them!
- Parts of the map that have streets/walkthroughs where some mechs barely fit through/under or not at all while they should...
- Would it really be that bad to give the Awesome higher placed weapons instead of what it has now ?!
Basically move the 4 Lasers/PPC's on it's Left and Right Torso as high on the shoulders as the Kodiak has his AC's for example ?
- And I am still hoping for that small speed boost for the Dire Wolf Posted Image I have seen mechs that have it already! Posted Image

And then there are ofcourse those silly stupid small things you can get stuck in front or behind them depending on how you look at it...

Edited by Roodkapje, 20 January 2024 - 02:32 PM.

#113 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 11:30 AM

My thoughts on this some of this content:

Inner Sphere weapons:
- Light AC/2 and AC/5: I can see this as a good gap for the Autocannons
- Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle: Since SB Gauss Rifles are basically known as, "LBX meets Gauss" in lore, I approve.
- Magshot Gauss Rifle: My thoughts are reserved on this one.
- Thunderbolt Missile 5, 10, 15, 20: I've always imagined that they would work as regular autocannons in a way, but slower. Should be interesting to see in action.

Clan weapons:
- Proto AC/2, AC4, and AC/8: Light Autocannons for the Clans sounds interesting.
- AP Gauss Rifle: Just like Magshots, I'll reserve judgement on it.
- Beam Laser: This (along with MWO's X-Pulse Lasers) reminds me of MekTek's MW4, Beam Laser or MW3's Pulse Lasers. I could see myself using these
- Plasma Cannon: I'm glad to see it, but I'm a bit iffy about it since in lore it is not a damage causing weapon. I do hope it is ammo dependent though.

Executioner Sovereign: A Clan Burrock themed Legendary Mech sounds awesome especially with Legendary Hardpoints. However, I gotta say, one thing that had me laughing is the leg pattern and colors of the mech. It's wearing Louis Vuitton boots. I didn't know that the The Clans had that brand.Posted Image
Posted Image
Once you see it, you can't unsee it and I love it.

The rest of the roadmap has some good stuff in it. I'm glad PGI is giving some life to this game.

Edited by Will9761, 18 January 2024 - 11:38 AM.

#114 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 12:01 PM

View PostWill9761, on 18 January 2024 - 11:30 AM, said:

- Plasma Cannon: I'm glad to see it, but I'm a bit iffy about it since in lore it is not a damage causing weapon. I do hope it is ammo dependent though.

The official announcement says this:

View PostFrost_Byte, on 18 January 2024 - 09:10 AM, said:

The Clan Plasma Cannon will not be utilizing ammo.

#115 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 12:04 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 January 2024 - 12:01 PM, said:

The official announcement says this:

Thanks for clearing that up. I must have missed that when I was skimming through the roadmap.

#116 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 12:44 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 January 2024 - 07:08 AM, said:

Just.... No... They're two different 'mechs. MWO's implementation of Omnipods is a bit of a fib for the sake of balance (which you're throwing out the window), but an "Omnimech" doesn't change its structural or fixed components. It just plugs on weapons and equipment, while leaving the base chassis the same. An Executioner Omnimech is an Executioner. It can be reconfigured with "Configuration A, B, or C", but it's the same physical 'mech underneath, which is not the Executioner-B.

Then just look at it like a normal executioner.

#117 Racklesnack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 12:52 PM

Purple Plasma Cannons maybe? Star adder as a legendary or hero Blood Asp? Would be cool MechAssault throw backs.

#118 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 18 January 2024 - 02:05 PM

View Postnopempele, on 17 January 2024 - 11:40 AM, said:

Overall, it's great news! New toys to play with, thanks! There is just one snag...

Yay! Posted Image

Boo! Posted Image

Seriously, to hell with Cauldron tryhards. All they ever want is more ERPPCs. The original weapon is something different (ranged Flamer basically), please do not ruin the fun of it.

They all just wanna snipe with Gauss's and ERPPCs because they usually suck at brawling. I want it to do what it was actually designed to do. Bring on the Inferno SRM's too. Let's make some mothaf**kas overheat and blow up!

#119 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 January 2024 - 07:43 PM

Any news for maps? I'd be happy if all we got were 3 months of improvements/optimizations/alterations of existing ones.

#120 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 08:37 PM

With the addition of LAC/5s, will the LGB-13NAIS revert to the lore build, rather than the MWO apocryphal build?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users