#41 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,934 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 February 2024 - 01:05 AM

View Postnopempele, on 18 February 2024 - 04:29 PM, said:

Just wanted to say thank you for reverting the LRM nerf. That must have required some courage to admit that you were wrong about it.

Just don't listen to everything that your "Cauldron" club has to say as they are very much biased towards their preferred way of playing.

You do realize that this revert is coming directly from the "Cauldron club", right?

Posted Image

#42 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 February 2024 - 07:22 AM

Will the IS Thunderbolt missile system stay true to the table top system and be a single missile? If it's a single missile, will AMS be able to destroy it? I'm chomping at the bit for the new weapons I just have to ask.

#43 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 February 2024 - 08:34 AM

View PostAmsro, on 18 February 2024 - 12:58 PM, said:

It would be amazing if you could manage to implement the MW5 Melee in MWO. I'm sure there have been talks, any specific reason it can't be done? (I've been away for too long if the reason has been discussed before)

They've never specifically explained why, just that they've explored it before, I don't know how intensely. But the impression is that it would never work correctly in this engine. MWO5's implementation seems to just be a short range weapon and feels a little weird to me. Works, but seems "tacked on" (it did come later with a DLC). Melee would be nice to have in a PvP MWO game, but even modern games struggle with networking bugs related to melee and what that entails. MWO5 is not a client-server game, so it's all run on one client and there's no sync issue that way.

But for sure, if they didn't feel it was an engineering feat they could overcome successfully enough years ago, it's definitely not a possibility now. Will have to wait for whatever the next MechWarrior PvP game is.

#44 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 93 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 February 2024 - 09:48 AM

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 19 February 2024 - 07:22 AM, said:

Will the IS Thunderbolt missile system stay true to the table top system and be a single missile? If it's a single missile, will AMS be able to destroy it? I'm chomping at the bit for the new weapons I just have to ask.

I am also very curious how the final implementation on the Thunderbolts will manifest. I suspect that it will be AMS vulnerable, but it will just have a lot more HP than a regular missile.

#45 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 937 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 February 2024 - 10:58 AM

I think I would buy a Thunderbolt and equip it with Thunderbolts...

I really curious how the old mech-buster would work in MWO?

#46 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 19 February 2024 - 02:58 PM

View Postnopempele, on 18 February 2024 - 04:29 PM, said:

Just wanted to say thank you for reverting the LRM nerf. That must have required some courage to admit that you were wrong about it.

Just don't listen to everything that your "Cauldron" club has to say as they are very much biased towards their preferred way of playing.

I'm reminded of a song

"Oh, and she never gives out and she never gives in
She just changes her mind

And she'll promise you more than the garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding"

#47 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 495 posts

Posted 19 February 2024 - 06:36 PM

Best monthly patch I can remember!

Thanks!

#48 Angelic Evil

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationA WiFi hot spot somewhere

Posted 19 February 2024 - 11:03 PM

Since stone rhino ak lost its lower actuators with shield arms can we also lose the lower actuators on sr-6 with those same shield arms for consistency sake?

#49 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:02 AM

EXECUTIONER
EXE-B-C(LGD):

Leg OmniPods on EXE-B-C(LGD) now only have one Jump Jet each (total 2 Jump Jets)

Will we be able to add back in JJ's so we can have access to full jets?

Please give each leg a +1 JJ capacity, so the option is there.

#50 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,239 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 February 2024 - 11:58 AM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 20 February 2024 - 05:02 AM, said:

EXECUTIONER
EXE-B-C(LGD):

Leg OmniPods on EXE-B-C(LGD) now only have one Jump Jet each (total 2 Jump Jets)

Will we be able to add back in JJ's so we can have access to full jets?

Please give each leg a +1 JJ capacity, so the option is there.
it use to be like that when they were released. I doubt we're going to get any features back on omnimechs... or clan mechs for that matter PGI tends to almost always nerf clan stuff.

#51 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 252 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 20 February 2024 - 12:06 PM

Heat change to HAG is awesome. Posted Image

But RAC still makes it impossible to play, I dont understand why one specific weapon is supposed to make you go blind for no reason. Posted Image

#52 WAAAGH WAGON

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:19 PM

Just a thought... Especially since that Red Reaper have a broken hitbox....
Maybe add him a med lasert family HSL+1?

Edited by WAAAGH WAGON, 20 February 2024 - 02:21 PM.

#53 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,949 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:30 PM

View Posttorsie, on 20 February 2024 - 12:06 PM, said:

But RAC still makes it impossible to play, I dont understand why one specific weapon is supposed to make you go blind for no reason. Posted Image

You and me both, torsie.

I also wonder at the lengths some people will go to backhandedly "compliment" the devs for doing a balance adjustment in response to live results, or log on just to heckle a game they no longer play. But I'm just a curious sort.

#54 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:57 PM

Uh hey, the Black Knight BL-6-KNT ( R ) has a problem with its head now. Color and camo can no longer be applied to it. The other black knight variants I have are fine, but the patch wiped all the color and pattern off of the R's head.

Posted Image

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 20 February 2024 - 03:09 PM.

#55 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:33 PM

These Legendaries really aren't that Legendary huh.. The rest seems ok.

View Posttorsie, on 20 February 2024 - 12:06 PM, said:

RACs are terrible, i doubt they can ever fix them..

Edited by PocketYoda, 20 February 2024 - 03:35 PM.

#56 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,949 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 February 2024 - 04:44 PM

There isn't any magical curse afflicting RACs; It's just staring weapons are hard to use these days, for most cases. Regardless of their efficiency, though, no weapon in the game should literally blind anyone who has their particles turned on...

#57 Ridersofdoom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:59 PM

Something is wrong with the last fix, my video card raises the temperature above 80 degrees and then the game doesn't work

#58 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 February 2024 - 06:37 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 20 February 2024 - 02:30 PM, said:

You and me both, torsie.

I also wonder at the lengths some people will go to backhandedly "compliment" the devs for doing a balance adjustment in response to live results, or log on just to heckle a game they no longer play. But I'm just a curious sort.

Because we want to play, and we're monitoring things closely, in case they ever get better again, so we can come back, and trying to continue to provide input that we hope will help fix or improve the situation. But until actual improvement is seen (and at this point, that's improvement in attitude, and specifically, abandonment of this affliction that the Cauldron folks and their puppets in PGI have adopted that "Lore has no place in MWO"), we'll just provide input from the sidelines, and mourn the loss of what was once an amazing online game.

#59 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,949 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 February 2024 - 06:58 PM

/sigh. Yes, I can see the purity of your heart there.

#60 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 08:34 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 February 2024 - 06:37 PM, said:

Because we want to play, and we're monitoring things closely, in case they ever get better again, so we can come back, and trying to continue to provide input that we hope will help fix or improve the situation. But until actual improvement is seen (and at this point, that's improvement in attitude, and specifically, abandonment of this affliction that the Cauldron folks and their puppets in PGI have adopted that "Lore has no place in MWO"), we'll just provide input from the sidelines, and mourn the loss of what was once an amazing online game.

"Things get better" = buff LRMs, nerf all PPFLD, nerf ECM, nerf AMS, nerf lights, ban all blue lasers?

There's been more chance and new stuff in the last year than the first 3 years I played. I'm happy there is progress, and agree that people who don't even play should probably just keep their old views to themselves.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users