Resistance Black Knight

29 replies to this topic

#1 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 01:49 PM

To whom ever changed the former head of the resistance variant of the black knight to the color of unchangeable basic purple, and removed the battle damaged astetics, or otherwise simply replaced it with the red reaper 2 models fat *** head

Change it back por favor

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 20 February 2024 - 04:52 PM.

#2 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:14 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 20 February 2024 - 01:49 PM, said:

To whom ever changed the former head of the resistance variant of the black knight to the color of unchangeable basic purple, and removed the battle damaged astetics, or otherwise simply replaced it with the red reaper 2 models fat *** head

Change it back now. Resign your from your job, and go somewhere, far far away from any authoritative role in any creative processes.

There was zero reason to make this change. Unless to avenge my highly popular post of why the red reaper 2 is a damn disappointment.

I await the change back, your resignation, or logging back in only to find the basic purple head is now pink or some other retched choice of your blakist patsy min

Thank you mwo community for your comments, I know I will return here only to find many of you white knighting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off Dude what the heck are you talking about? I know some of the legends don't churn everyone's butter but hey I don't always agree with PGI and they know it but there trying to make a dang $$$$$$$$ to keep this game alive so take the blue pill and chill OUT!!!!!!!!!!

It's just a cool Black Knight that will be nerfed soon so I don't see the problem you can buy 6 other BK models and make them look any way you want then to look?????????? Posted Image

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:34 PM

Well now I gotta log in and check the paint on my Black Knights... one sec...

Yup, OP is correct... the BL-6-KNT® has a dull black head that camo and color can no longer be applied to. The color I had on it vanished with the patch.

Reportaaaaaa!

Posted Image

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 20 February 2024 - 03:11 PM.

#4 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:03 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 20 February 2024 - 02:14 PM, said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off Dude what the heck are you talking about? I know some of the legends don't churn everyone's butter but hey I don't always agree with PGI and they know it but there trying to make a dang $$$$$$$$ to keep this game alive so take the blue pill and chill OUT!!!!!!!!!!

It's just a cool Black Knight that will be nerfed soon so I don't see the problem you can buy 6 other BK models and make them look any way you want then to look?????????? Posted Image

Not at all what im talking about -_-

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 20 February 2024 - 02:34 PM, said:

Yup, OP is correct... the BL-6-KNT® has a dull black head that camo and color can no longer be applied to. The color I had on it vanished with the patch.

Reportaaaaaa!

Its a whole new head model mate

#5 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:03 PM

Change it back now. Resign your from your job, and go somewhere, far far away from any authoritative role in any creative processes.

There was zero reason to make this change. Unless to avenge my highly popular post of why the red reaper 2 is a damn disappointment.

I await the change back, your resignation, or logging back in only to find the basic purple head is now pink or some other retched choice of your blakist patsy min

Thank you mwo community for your comments, I know I will return here only to find many of you white knighting.

is it possible this is a bug and not an unacceptable attack on you personally

#6 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:13 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 20 February 2024 - 03:03 PM, said:

Its a whole new head model mate

Meaning they used an asset from the Resistance hero to make the new legend and also managed to eff up the original asset in the process. Genius.

#7 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:31 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 20 February 2024 - 03:03 PM, said:

is it possible this is a bug and not an unacceptable attack on you personally

I would hope so, but why would they change the whole head model?

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 20 February 2024 - 03:13 PM, said:

Meaning they used an asset from the Resistance hero to make the new legend and also managed to eff up the original asset in the process. Genius.

Sure, whatever. It is not the same

#8 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 188 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:32 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 20 February 2024 - 03:31 PM, said:

I would hope so, but why would they change the whole head model?

Sure, whatever. It is not the same

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Software_bug

#9 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 03:54 PM

View PostRosarius, on 20 February 2024 - 03:32 PM, said:

My paranoia aside
....id like it changed back

#10 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:24 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 20 February 2024 - 03:54 PM, said:

My paranoia aside
....id like it changed back

but at no point in this thread did you say the magic word.

#11 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:41 PM

I love my job way too much to resign! But there was some functionality lost as a result of adding the shield. A mech only has room for two paintable texture slots at the moment, the body and variant geo. When I added the shield, all the variant geo(like the resistance helmet) got bumped out of the paintable slot.

I'll look into a compromise method to keep the helmet and the shield paintable.

Edited by Tiy0s, 20 February 2024 - 07:08 PM.

#12 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 09:23 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 20 February 2024 - 05:41 PM, said:

I love my job way too much to resign! But there was some functionality lost as a result of adding the shield. A mech only has room for two paintable texture slots at the moment, the body and variant geo. When I added the shield, all the variant geo(like the resistance helmet) got bumped out of the paintable slot.

Sorry i was bummed out when i was writing earlier. Its not just the reapers head. Its also the resistance variant that now has this issue.

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 20 February 2024 - 05:24 PM, said:

but at no point in this thread did you say the magic word.

Whatever, I paid 15 for the red reaper and idk how much for the resistance pack plus all the paint I can't use. So, PLEASE do your job mwo devs, and create stuff that works and looks cool or im done with it.

Please. Thank you

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 06:05 AM

View PostTiy0s, on 20 February 2024 - 05:41 PM, said:

Great, I understand why the newly released legendary mech with the shield has this issue... but why did the head change on the existing BL-6-KNT ( R ) ? It didn't get a shield, you just copied assets from it for the new model.

#14 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 06:17 AM

I'm presuming that by "'Mech", Tiy0s means base chassis. Like, the Black Knight as a chassis has room for the base 'mech paint and one bit of "extra" geo. The Black Knight is the first 'Mech to possess both a Resistance variant (special Resistance geo) and a fancy Legend variant (special shield geo). The 'Mech as a whole can (currently) have the Resistance geo assigned to it or the Shield geo assigned to it, but not both.

#15 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 21 February 2024 - 06:47 AM

Ah the good old '640k is enough memory for anyone' bug. This happens with old software, especially when the original designers have left. In fact right now I am trying to add an interactable textbox to the second render window of an application and have come to realise that apparently, the OG developers never thought anyone would need to use that window for text input. The result: std iterator mismatch that bombs the entire system. And all I added was a textbox. My heart goes out to you, Tiyos.

#16 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:12 AM

View Post1453 R, on 21 February 2024 - 06:17 AM, said:

I'm presuming that by "'Mech", Tiy0s means base chassis. Like, the Black Knight as a chassis has room for the base 'mech paint and one bit of "extra" geo. The Black Knight is the first 'Mech to possess both a Resistance variant (special Resistance geo) and a fancy Legend variant (special shield geo). The 'Mech as a whole can (currently) have the Resistance geo assigned to it or the Shield geo assigned to it, but not both.

That's what confuses me. Shouldn't the Resistance mech and the Legendary mech be completely different assets?

#17 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 08:31 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 21 February 2024 - 07:12 AM, said:

That's what confuses me. Shouldn't the Resistance mech and the Legendary mech be completely different assets?

Why would they be? They're both Black Knights. Both 'Mechs draw from the same "Black Knight" code in the system, and that code's only got room for one non-bolton bolton. I can't imagine there's actually nine hundred-odd entirely different asset packages for each and every 'Mech in MWO - each chassis is a single asset pack that can simply be modified in different ways for the specific variant being used.

#18 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 21 February 2024 - 10:22 AM

All black knights use the same geometry. All variants of every mech share the same geometry, the only difference is what optional geometry is called for hardpoints, equipment, etc.

The helmet on the Red Reaper is the Resistance helmet, yes. Even if the Red Reaper didn't have the Resistance helmet, this bug would still occur on the Resistance variant.

#19 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 12:50 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 20 February 2024 - 02:34 PM, said:

Reportaaaaaa!

Posted Image

That actually looks pretty good though.
The RR2 sucks because you're stuck with those red accents lines no matter what.

#20 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:04 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 21 February 2024 - 06:47 AM, said:

Ah the good old '640k is enough memory for anyone' bug. This happens with old software, especially when the original designers have left. In fact right now I am trying to add an interactable textbox to the second render window of an application and have come to realise that apparently, the OG developers never thought anyone would need to use that window for text input. The result: std iterator mismatch that bombs the entire system. And all I added was a textbox. My heart goes out to you, Tiyos.

Back in my day file names could only be eight characters long (case insensitive) with a 3 letter suffix, why would anyone ever need more file names than that?

Edited by kalashnikity, 21 February 2024 - 07:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users