Resistance Black Knight

29 replies to this topic

#21 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:23 PM

Heres a solution for you, Tyos,

Just use the bl-6-knt® head model for the reaper 2. OR, one of the other knight heads. I dont understand why so much trouble was put into giving the reaper 2 a new head model in the first place, when the only thing you guys needed to do was add ppc capacitors. It couldnt have been a labor of love, because noone who actually cares about the lore would have made a reaper 2 without making a reaper 1, and noone who actually loves the lore would have created a reaper with srms. If you wanted to do something cool, without adding a ppcapacitor (I know everyone says thats sooo hard, even though like 9 other weapons systems have been added or soon will be) then you should have put a ballistic hard point instead.

Id like the my ® to stop having a giant purple pumpkin head now please.

P.s. If you want me to fix all of your mwo problems, hire me as director of mwo development. Credentials: functioning brain.

View PostTiy0s, on 21 February 2024 - 10:22 AM, said:

All black knights use the same geometry. All variants of every mech share the same geometry, the only difference is what optional geometry is called for hardpoints, equipment, etc.

The helmet on the Red Reaper is the Resistance helmet, yes. Even if the Red Reaper didn't have the Resistance helmet, this bug would still occur on the Resistance variant.

It is not the resistance helmet. It is larger now, around the mouth, and it doesnt have the battle dmg motif anymore.

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 21 February 2024 - 06:05 AM, said:

Great, I understand why the newly released legendary mech with the shield has this issue... but why did the head change on the existing BL-6-KNT ( R ) ? It didn't get a shield, you just copied assets from it for the new model.

I dont think its a simple copy. I think they took the resistance model head, changed it and added it to the reaper 2. Then problems ensued.

The new head looks like its fatter around the mouth. It has some kind of armor plating design that the resistance variant differed from.

#22 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:33 PM

It is the exact same model as the main Resistance helmet, yes. The unique helmet geo called by the ® variant and the Red Reaper II legend is the same model asset.

Removing the Resistance helmet from the Red Reaper II will not fix this bug unfortunately, as long as the Black Knight has a shield this bug will exist on the Resistance variant. So I'll have to find a different workaround.

Here is the Resistance pre patch: Posted Image

Here is the Red Reaper: Posted Image

They are the same model.

#23 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:38 PM

Interesting. That is not the battle damage ascetic paint job that comes with the resistance black knight though. It would be more fitting to show and remind us what the resistance head looks like prepatch in its custom paint job, so we can all be sure we're on the same page.

How long is this going to take because I find it rather obscene that this wasnt caught via testing prior to patch launch.

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 21 February 2024 - 07:39 PM.

#24 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:42 PM

The battle damage is just a texture applied by the resistance skin, it's not a modeling change. Not sure about the bug timeframe though, it's a rather in depth one. I'll have to take a deeper look in order to find a proper fix.

#25 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:45 PM

https://jroodnick.ar.../projects/VVZdb

Theres some pics, It looks like it is the same model, but the old paint job broke up the lines and made it appear smaller. My mistake.

Look I know Im being a donkey here, I am just very very picky.

Btw, can someone tell me how to get that white paint job with the red claw marks, like bloody claw marks. In the link.

Not that I can use enjoy it now anyways since the head with still be in basic purple - __-

Thanks.

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 21 February 2024 - 07:46 PM.

#26 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:49 PM

The paintjob in that picture is known as the Blood Pact(not to be confused with phranken) paintjob. It is not currently accessible to players. I don't remember if it was a promotion or limited time skin, but it's on resistance mechs only and not available for purchase right now.

Edited by Tiy0s, 21 February 2024 - 07:54 PM.

#27 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 07:53 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 21 February 2024 - 07:49 PM, said:

The paintjob in that picture is known as the Blood(not to be confused with phranken) paintjob. It is not currently accessible to players. I don't remember if it was a promotion or limited time skin, but it's on resistance mechs only and not available for purchase right now.

Thanks for the responses Tyos. Make it available, and all will be forgiven. I like it and want to give you x dollars for it immediately.

I hope you come up with an inspired fix soon. Good luck.

Edited by BLXKNTRR, 21 February 2024 - 07:54 PM.

#28 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 08:05 PM

While I will look into the bug, after some digging in the time machine I found that the Blood Pact camo was given to those who pre-ordered both the Resistance Wave 1 and Wave 2 packs at their full values(Zeus and Mauler packages). So I don't think I can make those available now :P

#29 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 08:37 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 21 February 2024 - 08:05 PM, said:

While I will look into the bug, after some digging in the time machine I found that the Blood Pact camo was given to those who pre-ordered both the Resistance Wave 1 and Wave 2 packs at their full values(Zeus and Mauler packages). So I don't think I can make those available now Posted Image

Why must you taunt me during these dark times of purple head affliction : (

#30 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 08:54 PM

Until this resolves, id like to take the opportunity to recommend a band aid fix in that darker purple colors such as hematite match rather well the basic or steiner purple head color as is. Actually, looks decent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users