286 replies to this topic

#21 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 28 February 2024 - 11:47 AM

The Black Knight already received some real love this year. The torso and arm hard points got raised. We’d only been asking for that for like 7 years…

#22 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 02:55 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 February 2024 - 11:47 AM, said:

The Black Knight already received some real love this year. The torso and arm hard points got raised. We’d only been asking for that for like 7 years& xv#8230;

Yea thats the problem with mwo. I dont want to hurt anyone's feelings but its 2024 and mWo is severely lacking in this kind of area.

#23 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 04:07 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 February 2024 - 11:47 AM, said:

The Black Knight already received some real love this year. The torso and arm hard points got raised. We’d only been asking for that for like 7 years…

The community of mwo is great but ive seen this kind if behavior before ruin many titles. What I call white knighting, the community defends the devs that eventually disembowel a franchise

The same kind of people that defend obvious flaws in this games mech to mech balancing, quirks, and weapons system variety, are

They are the kind of people that hailed amazons lotr as perfection, star wars Mary sue-ing as excellent writing, and halo call of duty-ification as completely unique design.

Also have to say I hate golden sun 3 for old time sake while im at it.

Its the communities job to demand correction to design inadequacy and Im here putting in work

I welcome you all to join in as we try to have fun in qp. I know im in the manjority. Its no use fighting against us. Be on thr right side of history

#24 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 04:29 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 28 February 2024 - 04:07 PM, said:

The community of mwo is great but ive seen this kind if behavior before ruin many titles. What I call white knighting, the community defends the devs that eventually disembowel a franchise

The same kind of people that defend obvious flaws in this games mech to mech balancing, quirks, and weapons system variety, are

They are the kind of people that hailed amazons lotr as perfection, star wars Mary sue-ing as excellent writing, and halo call of duty-ification as completely unique design.

Yup, that's me... TOTALLY defending every decision the Cauldron makes, uh huh. I've never been known to disagree with them ever. At all. On anything. Nope.

You must be new here. Posted Image

Oh, and all three of those examples you cited... sucked. So we have that.

#25 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 28 February 2024 - 05:43 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 28 February 2024 - 04:07 PM, said:

This is how I can tell you haven't been here long, I'm pretty sure if you google "MWO controversy" you will find articles about a multitude of controversies around this game, PGI, and their original publisher.

Nothing has come up pretty much since MW5 because this has been pretty much in maintenance mode since then.

#26 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 06:06 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 February 2024 - 04:29 PM, said:

Yup, that's me... TOTALLY defending every decision the Cauldron makes, uh huh. I've never been known to disagree with them ever. At all. On anything. Nope.

You must be new here. Posted Image

Oh, and all three of those examples you cited... sucked. So we have that.

Im not really referring to you, but ive noticed that a somewhat over appreciative attitude of tiny needed changed that took almost a decade coincides with white knighting in general

Ive been playing for aprox 4 years i believe

#27 Tiy0s

• PipPipPip
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMaple Valley, WA

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:06 PM

Wouldn't bet on a Black Knight rescale at this time, unfortunately. It's a very involved process, not as easy as typing in a new scale.

Is the Black Knight a very large mech for a 75 tonner? I'd say yes, in my opinion. That being said, the Black Knight is a perfectly fine heavy mech with good firepower and armor quirks to make up for the size. I play MWO a lot to get a sense of balance and it's perfectly fine in my observations and experience. Is it the best? No. Is it good? Yes.

That being said, this thread was also made by a player who has named their account after the original Black Knight Red Reaper, BL-X-KNT-RR. So it's a little like me asking for Kit Fox buffs. Is it a bad mech? No. Am I biased towards the Kit Fox? Yes.

#28 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 February 2024 - 03:22 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 28 February 2024 - 06:06 PM, said:

Ive been playing for aprox 4 years i believe

Jarl's says you've only been playing since December 2023
https://leaderboard....arch?u=BLXKNTRR

#29 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 03:40 AM

View PostMarcinT1981, on 29 February 2024 - 03:22 AM, said:

Jarl's says you've only been playing since December 2023
https://leaderboard....arch?u=BLXKNTRR

Name's changed. Forum says account is from october '20.

#30 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 04:01 AM

Be informed, that the "Official Union of Zeus Operators (OUZO)" recognises this conversation with the utmost degree of disenchanted consternation. Posted Image

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 29 February 2024 - 04:02 AM.

#31 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 29 February 2024 - 10:58 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 29 February 2024 - 04:01 AM, said:

Be informed, that the "Official Union of Zeus Operators (OUZO)" recognises this conversation with the utmost degree of disenchanted consternation. Posted Image

Ouzo...
You now officially became the coolest person in the room!

#32 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 12:24 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 28 February 2024 - 10:06 PM, said:

Wouldn't bet on a Black Knight rescale at this time, unfortunately. It's a very involved process, not as easy as typing in a new scale.

Is the Black Knight a very large mech for a 75 tonner? I'd say yes, in my opinion. That being said, the Black Knight is a perfectly fine heavy mech with good firepower and armor quirks to make up for the size. I play MWO a lot to get a sense of balance and it's perfectly fine in my observations and experience. Is it the best? No. Is it good? Yes.

That being said, this thread was also made by a player who has named their account after the original Black Knight Red Reaper, BL-X-KNT-RR. So it's a little like me asking for Kit Fox buffs. Is it a bad mech? No. Am I biased towards the Kit Fox? Yes.

I TRULY value your neutrality. Perhaps I am asking a bit much of a buff

Tbh and fair, I would be happy with quirks for snub range on the 6r, since no ppc capacitors are coming. And other more interesting quirks on some of the other black knights. Such as standard ppc quirks for the 7 since it has those 3 e mounts in the right torso yet no reason to choose 3 ppcs over 2 heavy, other than cool down.

I dont feel so much biased as I do an expert on black knight playstyles for various short, mid and long range builds. And it is the sad truth in my opinion that there are simply better laser mechs, better, ppc mechs, and better tanky mechs. It erks me that the lucky 7 is so tanky for example. Shouldnt the bk have more tank?

Compared with an is orion, i feel the bk is much more easy to destroy. And the orion was rescaled smaller to my knowledge which is also ericksum

Ill be on the lookout for kitfoxes though, btw hehe

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 29 February 2024 - 04:01 AM, said:

Does the zues need some love too? I havent used one, even tho I love them, because i dont enjoy missiles.zues is top 5 best looking mech imho

#33 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 12:46 PM

How black knight versus some mechs feels:

https://youtube.com/...pjAt8t5cot4IlML

#34 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 February 2024 - 12:54 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 28 February 2024 - 10:06 PM, said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Black Knight mechs are good mechs I have played them since they were released except for one feature on the mech that is they need a resize on their hit boxes there to big on the center torso and R&L torsos there still as big as a barn and to susceptible to massive damage quickly even with full armor and quirks.

#35 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 04:08 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 29 February 2024 - 12:54 PM, said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Black Knight mechs are good mechs I have played them since they were released except for one feature on the mech that is they need a resize on their hit boxes there to big on the center torso and R&L torsos there still as big as a barn and to susceptible to massive damage quickly even with full armor and quirks.

I couldn't agree more

#36 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 04:54 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 29 February 2024 - 12:24 PM, said:

It erks me that the lucky 7 is so tanky for example. Shouldnt the bk have more tank?

you want your favorite mech to rank up there with the tankiest mech in the game? Yeah, okay.

Compared with an is orion, i feel the bk is much more easy to destroy. And the orion was rescaled smaller to my knowledge

If there’s been any rescaling since 2016, I missed it. Those devs are no longer with the company, and a rescale is not trivial for this game engine… plus the game engine itself is darn near Lostech on its own.

But the Orion did recently get a kingly survivability buff. That’s the sort of thing that is doable with the current level of developer support… changing values in a spreadsheet.

#37 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 February 2024 - 06:12 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 29 February 2024 - 04:54 PM, said:

you want your favorite mech to rank up there with the tankiest mech in the game? Yeah, okay.

If there’s been any rescaling since 2016, I missed it. Those devs are no longer with the company, and a rescale is not trivial for this game engine… plus the game engine itself is darn near Lostech on its own.

But the Orion did recently get a kingly survivability buff. That’s the sort of thing that is doable with the current level of developer support… changing values in a spreadsheet.

2016 is what im referring to if im not mistaken

And yes the orion feels damn near to an atlas imho, or as others have said a mini atlas

Its my view that the devs of mwo and mw5 are all asleep on one of the best story lines of battletech ( Reginald vanjaster) even tho its sparse, i will put together a post in it in the coming days. And one of the best and most iconic mechs- the black knight.

Why give so much love to the orion and leave the black knight out in the cold

The devs behind reaper 2 even said the lore loud out felt anemic. Well have been playing with that loadout this whole time. And to me, that affirms my experience with the black knight being damn near a glass cannon. A survivability buff would go well with mxp laser face timing

#38 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 05:43 AM

Does the zues need some love too? I havent used one, even tho I love them, because i dont enjoy missiles.zues is top 5 best looking mech imho

The OUZO (Official Union of Zeus Operators) does neither approve, support nor accept any kind of engulfment by third-party agendas. The inappropriate status quo of Zeus's speaks for itself and does not need the profane cackle of already twice-fostered 75t-beatniks lamenting about being missed out.

Quod liket Iovi, non liket bovi! Zeusmembrance Day - Zeusfirmative action NOW!

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 01 March 2024 - 05:57 AM.

#39 Gildashard

• Pip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe south

Posted 01 March 2024 - 07:16 AM

The Red Reaper is in serous need of some buffs. The RT is very squishy and easy to take off......and the lure of point farming seems to make it a prime target. Since a rescale is not likely, I wonder if its possible to move the hardpoints higher. I know they try to stick with BT picture lore but in all practically, no one would've designed mechs with low weapons when the advantage of high mounts is obvious. If that not possible, then quirks are needed.

Suggestions for quirks:
Right Torso: +24 (Instead of 12)
PPC Cooldown -30% (Since we don't have the PPC capacitor)
SRM Spread -20% (They replace the sword so concentrate damage)
Velocity: +10%

#40 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 07:49 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 29 February 2024 - 06:12 PM, said:

Why give so much love to the orion and leave the black knight out in the cold

Got it. You love the Black Knight, its your favorite. But its not "out in the cold". The chassis got two quirk passes in the last year and they raised the height of the hardpoints in September and we just got a Legendary mech.

Its not as optimized as you want it, I get that.

So make a proposal, sell it to the Cauldron members. What needs done? And realize that they cannot change geometry (other than hardpoint locations), but they can change numbers. Acceleration, pitch and yaw, bonuses to armor and structure, etc. Make that pitch and make it attractive to them and... maybe?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users