286 replies to this topic

#261 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:00 AM

How does the Black Knight perform in the highest tiers?

I understand some mechs are more go-to than others in T1-2.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 30 March 2024 - 10:01 AM.

#262 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 11:20 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 30 March 2024 - 09:54 AM, said:

The "Official Union of Zeus Operators (OUZO)" is the only MWO-related entity entitled to know the acceptance of finite disappointment without losing infinite hope.

I have a Zeus, can i join ouzo? I also love a glass of ouzo.

View PostCFC Conky, on 30 March 2024 - 10:00 AM, said:

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

How does it perform? Lets see. Its stressful. You feel like you're ur in a mech made of glass. Its incredibly huge, hard to find cover. Hard to shoot enemy without taking massive shot to side torso.

Tier 1 players all use xl engine so to mitigate this, as to deal as much dmg as possible in 58- 60 plus alphas

It feels like you're in a shadowhawk the size of an annihilator

#263 CFC Conky

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,829 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 30 March 2024 - 11:31 AM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 30 March 2024 - 11:20 AM, said:

I have a Zeus, can i join ouzo? I also love a glass of ouzo.

How does it perform? Lets see. Its stressful. You feel like you're ur in a mech made of glass. Its incredibly huge, hard to find cover. Hard to shoot enemy without taking massive shot to side torso.

Tier 1 players all use xl engine so to mitigate this, as to deal as much dmg as possible in 58- 60 plus alphas

It feels like you're in a shadowhawk the size of an annihilator

Ok, thanks.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#264 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 11:32 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 30 March 2024 - 10:00 AM, said:

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

It performs pretty well in my experience, it's not like it's complicated to build for or play, and with the upped torso mounts, it's been fantastically improved. Very solid heavy. I'd say low scores are entirely user error.

#265 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 12:14 PM

[Redacted]
You can manage to survive a bit. But compared to other mechs in its class, the black knight is a glass cannon. Especially with an xl engine, if you're playing in qp and your team mates stand in your bum, youre now down to 70% and a cherry red side torso. Or if you get lrmed, or hagged or ppc sniped a few time.

To make the black knight work, you have to be in a spot where you can side peak, and team is near, preferably you are working with a other heavy or assault. He fires, comes back to cover and right as he enters cover you are now firing and so forth. That is too situational. The black knight needs to be like the number 7 charger. But hot and a little less tanky.

View PostMisterSomaru, on 30 March 2024 - 11:32 AM, said:

It performs pretty well in my experience, it's not like it's complicated to build for or play, and with the upped torso mounts, it's been fantastically improved. Very solid heavy. I'd say low scores are entirely user error.

I like the new mounts. The problem is the black knight is too big.

Edited by GM Patience, 09 April 2024 - 02:15 PM.

#266 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 254 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 30 March 2024 - 12:27 PM

Can we buff Blood Asps please too? We need just one tiny slot in side torso so we can use 2x HAG 40, pretty please ? I will even give up XL engine. Posted Image

#267 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 12:32 PM

View Posttorsie, on 30 March 2024 - 12:27 PM, said:

Can we buff Blood Asps please too? We need just one tiny slot in side torso so we can use 2x HAG 40, pretty please ? I will even give up XL engine. Posted Image

This is the guy who shot my side torso off in one blast and prompted this whole thread. Everyone congratulate him on his fine marksmanship and giant donny darko looking abomination of a mech

But i say buff all the mechs that need buffed. This game has elements that needs attention.

#268 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 04:27 PM

What's he asking for? 10 more armor points in the shoulders?
Compare the Black Knight to the Orion... Maybe he's not wrong.

#269 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,763 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 March 2024 - 04:30 PM

Cauldron has limited bandwidth per patch they have to play with afaik, and there are more mechs deserving of being addressed than the BK, and at this point I hope we have to wait longer.

Edited by Quicksilver Aberration, 30 March 2024 - 04:31 PM.

#270 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 699 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 05:19 PM

The biggest issue I have with the knight are the low hanging hardpoints, other than that it is pretty good in close combat like in solaris city. Im rolling the partisan. But is is a bit of a glass cannon similar to the warhammer

#271 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 05:20 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 30 March 2024 - 04:27 PM, said:

What's he asking for? 10 more armor points in the shoulders?
Compare the Black Knight to the Orion... Maybe he's not wrong.

I dont think I am wrong, thanks. If the Orion gets an armor buff for having bad torsos, then the black knight should get something similar for being one of the largest mechs in game.

What it really needs is a rescale, imho. But since apparently noone is steering the ship at cauldron, we are better off asking for an armor buff- what others said. I recommended 10 armor on side torsos arbitrarily

I remember a game I used to play years ago, called Overwatch.

The community hated Hanzo mains. So much so, that you could get reported so much merely for choosing hanzo that your account would be banned. People complained. The community shouted them down as dirty hanzo mains who deserved it for daring to choose that character. And the devs did nothing about it except nerf hanzo. Eventually though, hanzo got a buff. And now its in a better place than ever. (Or so ive heard, I dont play overwatch 2.)

My point is, The Black Knight is the Hanzo of MWO.

And for some strange reason I dont fully understand, alot of the people here are very against the idea of buffing the Black Knight. But Id say I understand it enough to know their reasoning is highly dubious, if not entirely absent.

[Redacted]

#272 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,763 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 March 2024 - 06:53 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 30 March 2024 - 06:29 PM, said:

The only faulty comparisons I see are the ones youre bringing up. And Im not wrong.

Bassault beat me, to rehash this which I already addressed.

He beat me with 2 binary and 6 er med vs my 2 snub 5mxpl build on maps Id never seen before. Big surprise.
Then we played 1-2 matches more with my other load-outs,which were similar to his, but much hotter and non alpha strike. I was alot closer that time to beating him. But my builds I had at that moment were inferior because I had been experimenting. The snub mxpl build however is my favorite and awful in a 1v1 in any case, unless I could time my attack when he overheats. This was confirmed by Bassault.

Then We played short range, and I won. Albeit, he forgot to override. Also Confirmed.

My point is, Bassault beating me as very little to do with qp, and with balancing the black knight. Especially since, if we had kept playing, I would have started winning anyway. But since then He hasnt invited me to play 1v1 once. I hope he does, was alot of fun

The new weapons make twisting somewhat less effective. If I twist into a shot and my arm explodes, then my side torso or my other arm goes next. Best case scenario, you have significantly less dmg and heat potential remaining, and are now at a disadvantage that skill cannot make up for, omitting the perfect scenario of peaking in the right topography, team assistance etc

1v1 is completely different from quick play

Your right, 1v1s are different. However your build should've done better in 1v1s because you just have better DPS (and range matters less in those fights). Your build is bad for QP so it should be no shock that you die "instantly". If you are twisting such that sections are blowing up, you are likely over-twisting and not spreading damage or just putting yourself in bad positions. I have no problem putting up numbers in Vindicators which up until this latest patch, notorious for being awful.

Blaming the Black Knight for your poor performance is a cop-out, /thread.

Also, giant side torsos? lolwut, for one, the BK is notorious for having a larger CT (not Grasshopper or Charger large but still larger than some other 75 tonners) but if any 75 ton mech has large side torsos and awful hitboxes it's the Thanatos. Marauder is next in line but it has solid hitboxes thanks to its profile.

Regardless, you've said your piece. They'll either listen or they won't. Spamming this thread daily isn't going to get you what you want, in fact probably the opposite.

Edited by Quicksilver Aberration, 30 March 2024 - 06:54 PM.

#273 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 06:57 PM

View PostQuicksilver Aberration, on 30 March 2024 - 06:53 PM, said:

Your right, 1v1s are different. However your build should've done better in 1v1s because you just have better DPS (and range matters less in those fights). Your build is bad for QP so it should be no shock that you die "instantly". If you are twisting such that sections are blowing up, you are likely over-twisting and not spreading damage or just putting yourself in bad positions. I have no problem putting up numbers in Vindicators which up until this latest patch, notorious for being awful.

Also, giant side torsos? lolwut, for one, the BK is notorious for having a larger CT (not Grasshopper or Charger large but still larger than some other 75 tonners) but if any 75 ton mech has large side torsos and awful hitboxes it's the Thanatos. Marauder is next in line but it has solid hitboxes thanks to its profile.

Regardless, you've said your piece. They'll either listen or they won't. Spamming this thread daily isn't going to get you what you want, in fact probably the opposite.

Wrong again. When you run from cover and the first thing you see is the flash of binary lasers on you, guess what. You lost. Range matters. Come up with something that makes sense next time. Im begging you.

#274 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 March 2024 - 06:57 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 30 March 2024 - 06:46 PM, said:

Go into qp in a black knight, solo. And play 100 matches. You will be back here agreeing with me. You probably never even played the black knight more than a couple times anyways, Why are you trolling me.

I have 248 matches in the 6B. Current load out is this:

https://mwo.nav-alph...a2bab_BL-6B-KNT

I dusted it off recently when they raised the hardpoints above waist level, and that really helped the mech. If you bothered to check, you'll see posts from me in the suggestions forum begging for this for literally years.

#275 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 06:59 PM

View PostQuicksilver Aberration, on 30 March 2024 - 06:53 PM, said:

Id say the buff the black knight needs is minimal. But its needed. It really shouldnt be this big.

QP is also a terrible place sometimes. And i dont play only assaults, so carrying the team isnt always that easy

#276 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 07:03 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 30 March 2024 - 06:57 PM, said:

I have 248 matches in the 6B. Current load out is this:

https://mwo.nav-alph...a2bab_BL-6B-KNT

I dusted it off recently when they raised the hardpoints above waist level, and that really helped the mech. If you bothered to check, you'll see posts from me in the suggestions forum begging for this for literally years.

Hardpoints were raised a few inches. And Im supposed to go on with my day, and not fight for the durability the black knight deserves. For God Sakes man, they made the charger into a super tank and the black knight into a meme.

Its supposed to be tanky. Its not. Its a glass canon house of cards waiting to explode at the slighted hag impact.

[Redacted]

#277 Temporary Axis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:25 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 30 March 2024 - 03:00 PM, said:

whatever this is, no idea

https://mwomercs.com...0&user=BLXKNTRR

oh hey check me out. im a lot higher in heavies
https://mwomercs.com...uickplay?type=3

This is sorted by total matches for the current season. You are within the top 100 for most amount of matches played this season.

On average match score (being the best indicator of skill on the leaderboard), you are 3881.

Jarls is an average of the seasonal average match score across the life of your account.

On this basis, you're ranked 5548 out of 29,781 active players.

Edited by Temporary Axis, 30 March 2024 - 09:36 PM.

#278 Arnetheus

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 09:53 PM

It's bothersome to respond seriously all the time, to someone this hellbent on being wrong.
Beta this, beta that...
You know what's a really "beta behaviour"? Blaming the tools when you're bad at the job.

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 30 March 2024 - 06:46 PM, said:

Go into qp in a black knight, solo. And play 100 matches. You will be back here agreeing with me. You probably never even played the black knight more than a couple times anyways, Why are you trolling me.

Nobody's gonna waste their time playing 100 matches solo on a solid mech just to prove some pepega wrong.
Go and beg Geeram for it if you want.
Nobody's trolling you. Players better than you, who both play and don't play BLKs are just tellng you how it is.
Here, have some "oh so vulnerable" classic XL lasvom Black Knight i picked up 2 years ago or so to play occasionally.

Posted Image

#279 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:34 PM

View PostArnetheus, on 30 March 2024 - 09:53 PM, said:

It's bothersome to respond seriously all the time, to someone this hellbent on being wrong.
Beta this, beta that...
You know what's a really "beta behaviour"? Blaming the tools when you're bad at the job.

Nobody's gonna waste their time playing 100 matches solo on a solid mech just to prove some pepega wrong.
Go and beg Geeram for it if you want.
Nobody's trolling you. Players better than you, who both play and don't play BLKs are just tellng you how it is.
Here, have some "oh so vulnerable" classic XL lasvom Black Knight i picked up 2 years ago or so to play occasionally.

Posted Image

nice stats.you did this in qp? without mates helping? doesnt seem possible to me.

View PostTemporary Axis, on 30 March 2024 - 09:25 PM, said:

This is sorted by total matches for the current season. You are within the top 100 for most amount of matches played this season.

On average match score (being the best indicator of skill on the leaderboard), you are 3881.

Jarls is an average of the seasonal average match score across the life of your account.

On this basis, you're ranked 5548 out of 29,781 active players.

thats funny. So I am the best this season at wasting my time. *nods* (uninstalls again)

#280 Jiffy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 March 2024 - 10:40 PM

View PostBLXKNTRR, on 30 March 2024 - 10:34 PM, said:

nice stats.you did this in qp? without mates helping? doesnt seem possible to me.

thats funny. So I am the best this season at wasting my time. *nods* (uninstalls again)

Actually stats like that are quite possible when you're a top 100 player.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users