Longer Load Times?

28 replies to this topic

#1 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 10:20 PM

Seems like the rest of the team is already ahead when loaded in, so prob gonna need to reinstall. Repair does not help. Just checking before I do it - Anyone else has this issue after recent patches?

#2 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 March 2024 - 11:22 AM

Yepp, same issue. To make things worse, when the map loads too long, my FPS is 2-3 times LOWER than it should be.
Reproducable in testing grounds.

#3 Vincefeld

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 March 2024 - 12:06 PM

Game has absolutely no moral rights to load THIS LONG. im using damn NVME 4.0 SSD FFS. and its 2013 game.
Can monkey coders not make it re-load entire mechlab and store data at once every time? and instead do it in chunks as its required and only re-load updated data? people don't buy and tweak their mechs every damn game ffs.

#4 One Mean Urbie

Rookie

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2024 - 12:50 PM

I have had the same problem since the last patch. I have had this issue occasionally after patches over the years - usually about 1 out of 10 patches. My workaround is to reboot before launching the MWO client. Game goes back to normal load times for the duration of my session. Good luck.

#5 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 03 March 2024 - 05:23 PM

I've just been loading into testing grounds right after log in and if it loads slow I log out and then back in and try again until it loads right. Normally it keeps working for a good while if it loads right the first time. Beyond that I've seen others say some older drivers and user.cfg settings helped them.

Navid: "What fixed all my problems was clearing shader cache, and reverting to Nvidia drivers 546.33"

GweNTLeR: "Okay, so thanks to <@354336495445999626> I now managed to GREATLY reduce bug impact:
The necessary lines in .cfg are:
e_ParticlesPreload = 0
e_StatObjPreload = 0
e_DecalsPreCreate = 0
e_PreloadDecals = 0
e_PreloadMaterials = 0
r_ShadersPreactivate = 0
r_TexturesWarmup = 0
The bug still SOMETIMES kicks in, but at least the loading times penalty is not THAT big (I manage to load BEFORE the match starts now) and FPS penalty is just around 5% instead of 33% (in testing grounds, so I could accurately compare ~240 FPS -> ~230 FPS instead of 240 FPS -> 160 FPS)."

#6 Nyochio

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2024 - 06:01 PM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 02 March 2024 - 11:22 AM, said:

Yepp, same issue. To make things worse, when the map loads too long, my FPS is 2-3 times LOWER than it should be.
Reproducable in testing grounds.

Wow, I was thinking of making a thread about this phenomenon after finally connecting the dots while benchmarking something with Solaris City.
I'm assuming like most people playing you're on Windows? I wanted to make sure it wasn't a Proton issue.
For me maps normally load in ~10 seconds, but randomly I get a ~40 second load and the map has that reduced FPS. Have to restart the game after since it then keeps happening every time. Usually the first load is always fine but then it can happen any time after.

Edited by Nyochio, 03 March 2024 - 06:05 PM.

#7 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 March 2024 - 12:26 AM

I have the same problem with this error. When the map takes too long to load, FPS drops by 30%. Yesterday I practically soiled my panties trying to find the cause because I thought it was a Win10 problem ;)

#8 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 March 2024 - 04:03 AM

Yeah, ping is also a little higher, and instead of popping in with 80 seconds on the clock, occasionally I get in with 35. Been in matches where 20 people are stuck at connecting for ages.

#9 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 12:14 PM

The game issues of late I, and many others, have been experiencing ... Loading screen hangs, disconnects, frame rate throttles in some matches, graphical glitches on match launches, are affecting the player base widely. You are not alone in this. Deleting Shader folder, re-starting game, etc. just to get the game to run right is above and beyond. It has been going on for a few months now. I've sent messages to Daeron and Matt ad nauseum and no reply as yet. They broke something recently, maybe during the bolt-on re-organization, who knows. Not knowing is irritating.

#10 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 March 2024 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Deleted everything out of: C:\Users\User\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Shaders\Cache\
Restarted the client
Game did rebuild the D3D11 folder (assuming it means DX11)
FPS went up
Testing continues

-

A little rant.

I've learned long ago: when someone updates something and YOUR stuff breaks, don't contribute to chaos by tinkering with your end of things, or worse re-install stuff.

If it worked fine before, then the problem is not your end.
Happened with my cell providers, internet providers, work, phone apps etc.

#11 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 March 2024 - 08:58 PM

Testing this out, it seems like it is something caused by Youtube adblocers being countered by YT.
If you start watching a YT vid with some (not all) adblockers, it will mess up your system until you restart the game.

#12 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2024 - 12:29 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 09 March 2024 - 08:58 PM, said:

Testing this out, it seems like it is something caused by Youtube adblocers being countered by YT.
If you start watching a YT vid with some (not all) adblockers, it will mess up your system until you restart the game.

That would fit. For two days before I turn on MWO, I have restarted the computer and the problem does not occur.

#13 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 01:03 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 09 March 2024 - 08:58 PM, said:

Wasn't there an issue with adblock on Youtube like a month or two ago? I recall hearing about that a decent bit before this round of issues in game (iirc some were saying it was a bug and not actually youtube intentionally doing it). Could be something that is causing it sometimes but I think theres more since I've had issues with the game on fresh boot with no browsers open, and have seen others say the same.

Edited by dario03, 10 March 2024 - 01:20 AM.

#14 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2024 - 03:04 AM

UPDATE
The error still occurs. Restarting doesn't help. Cleaning the registry does not help, etc.
in a match I normally have at least 70FPS, now 29-45
UPDATE 2
Maybe I found a solution, although I don't know if it is related, because to me it looks like a problem with shaders rather than busy CPU processes
Anyway, I went to services.msc and turned off every update service (Google, Edge, etc. each), and the FPS returned to normal.
In Win 10, these stupid services can turn on by themselves

Edited by MarcinT1981, 10 March 2024 - 04:00 AM.

#15 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 03:35 PM

You could try Evingolis' fixes.

#16 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 08:58 AM

Yeah, super long load times - my computer is occasionally even giving me a "MWO is not responding" system warning when loading, which never happened in the past.

I checked all my drivers etc. and its not at my end.

Not sure how much it relates, but my AMD Adrenaline software is also telling me I average 25 FPS with MWO (on absolutely minimized video settings), while I average 96 FPS on MW5 (with absolutely maximized video settings...)

Not at all good.

#17 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 08:42 AM

I had the same issue with long loading times. Deleting the shader cache folder solved the issue for me.

#18 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 08:51 AM

View PostKH Slaine, on 05 March 2024 - 12:14 PM, said:

Deleting Shader folder, re-starting game, etc. just to get the game to run right is above and beyond.

I would agree that such a thing shouldn't have to happen. However, closing down the game, navigating to a folder, deleting a folder, then restarting the game, is hardly above and beyond. Kicking and screaming while waiting for a dev response and solution, when an easy solution exists (and is what the devs will probably suggest players do as well what an update will do in the near future) is just silly.

#19 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 10:20 AM

Same problem. Looks like last patch is broken. It has both longer loading times, caused by hanging in a middle of loading, and sudden FPS drops, when looking at other 'Mechs. Seems like some random 'Mechs have some broken geometry or something like that.

Edited by MrMadguy, 16 March 2024 - 10:21 AM.

#20 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,213 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 17 March 2024 - 10:46 AM

FWIW, I was having issues until I used MrVlaad's config utility. Selecting load options seems to have done the trick (so far!).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users