Longer Load Times?

28 replies to this topic

#21 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 12:09 PM

View PostNyochio, on 03 March 2024 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm assuming like most people playing you're on Windows? I wanted to make sure it wasn't a Proton issue.

On Linux + Steam + Proton the game loads a lot faster because everything is loaded from one single image instead of multiple files that need to be "found" 1 by 1 Posted Image

The actual cause(s) of this issue are very simple IMHO :
- Overloaded P.G.I. Servers during the weekends.
- A lot of very high ping players in the game.

But...

This also happens when the game needs to load back into the Hangar/Main Menu after a match has finished so it's not always the last one causing the issues!

I also think that this issue started a few patches back and might even be connected to the European MWO Server having that huge crash and being rebuilt afterwards.

Another thing could be the patch with those Bolt-On issues stuff that might have some unintended side effects ?!

Weird stuff for a game that exists soo long already in any case Posted Image

#22 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 21 March 2024 - 12:56 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 21 March 2024 - 12:09 PM, said:

The actual cause(s) of this issue are very simple IMHO :
- Overloaded P.G.I. Servers during the weekends.
- A lot of very high ping players in the game.

If these were the real problems, then they wouldn't really exist during the week. In case you haven't played during the week and only on the weekends, I can assure you that the long load times happens during the week too. It has taken so long to load my match, at times, that I finally enter the lobby right before the timer ends and the match starts!

#23 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 March 2024 - 01:09 PM

Update 4 (I don't remember how many there were)
So far I have no problem, everything works very well, previously I even had to turn off Vlaad Tweaks etc and restart the computer before turning on MWO. Everything is fine for now.
PGI should contact us and let us know where this may be coming from (apart from the standard clear cache, we actually came up with this ourselves before writing here).
Anyway, everything works fine for me and I didn't do anything with the settings. Everything is fine since the new patch
P.S. I hope I won't have to write UPDATE 5 tomorrow :P

Edited by MarcinT1981, 21 March 2024 - 01:10 PM.

#24 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 11:38 AM

View Post1Exitar1, on 21 March 2024 - 12:56 PM, said:

If these were the real problems, then they wouldn't really exist during the week.

Let me put it in other words : The issue occured a lot more often and easier during the weekends Posted Image

In case you haven't played during the week and only on the weekends, I can assure you that the long load times happens during the week too. It has taken so long to load my match, at times, that I finally enter the lobby right before the timer ends and the match starts!

I had some "Mech flying in the air" issues during the week too, but during weekends it was as if it was happening all the time ?! Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 23 March 2024 - 11:38 AM.

#25 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 05:48 PM

as an owner of fast ssd storage, i have to say that some of you have slow storage. if it spins replace it with something that doesnt, if it plugs into a cable, replace it with something that plugs directly into pcie lanes. nvme is good, even better than my latest video card upgrade that i spent 3x as much on.

#26 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 10:52 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 March 2024 - 05:48 PM, said:

as an owner of fast ssd storage, i have to say that some of you have slow storage. if it spins replace it with something that doesnt, if it plugs into a cable, replace it with something that plugs directly into pcie lanes. nvme is good, even better than my latest video card upgrade that i spent 3x as much on.

Dude...

This is a super old game that use to load just fine when using my old WD Raptor 10K rpm HDD's so it should load fast as fooook from my overkill SATA600 MLC SSD like it has done for many years now !!! ;)

And the fact that there were ZERO issues during gameplay this weekend proofs that luckily :D

NVMe drives are a huge overkill for most games that don't even use them fully so there is ZERO need to waste cash on those for MWO Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 05:54 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 25 March 2024 - 10:52 AM, said:

Dude...

This is a super old game that use to load just fine when using my old WD Raptor 10K rpm HDD's so it should load fast as fooook from my overkill SATA600 MLC SSD like it has done for many years now !!! Posted Image

And the fact that there were ZERO issues during gameplay this weekend proofs that luckily Posted Image

NVMe drives are a huge overkill for most games that don't even use them fully so there is ZERO need to waste cash on those for MWO Posted ImagePosted Image

yea but it sucks having to wait for a bunch of people who haven't upgraded in 10 years. just because the game is old doesnt mean your hardware has to be.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 March 2024 - 06:03 PM.

#28 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 01:27 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 March 2024 - 05:54 PM, said:

yea but it sucks having to wait for a bunch of people who haven't upgraded in 10 years.

Time to play another game then, because there are plenty of "Potato PC's and Laptops" in MWO for many years now! ;)

just because the game is old doesnt mean your hardware has to be.

But it also doesn't mean you will actually benefit from newer hardware! Posted Image

#29 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 03:29 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 26 March 2024 - 01:27 PM, said:

Time to play another game then, because there are plenty of "Potato PC's and Laptops" in MWO for many years now! Posted Image

But it also doesn't mean you will actually benefit from newer hardware! Posted Image

my load times say otherwise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users