69 replies to this topic

#1 FriedIV

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 08 March 2024 - 03:35 PM

I'm just fed up with the uselessness of clan mechs vs all the dumb abilities you give IS mechs. Who cares if they are slow. The maps are made for brawling. Who cares if the clans have a slight range advantage. The maps are made for brawling. The stealth mechs are nutz. Maybe the lights are ok. But mediums and heavies too. What is a missile for if you cannot lock on anything, and there is so much clutter on the maps that they are practically useless anyways. The game is made for brawling. Peek shooting. Why have ATM's? The time it takes to get a lock is mud in your face. I could just suck. But, I really don't want to believe that. I spend a lot of time trying to build better mechs. And I stick to clan mechs. Call me foolish. But my better mechs are few and far between. Most of them fall apart if a flea farts. I'm just sick of the one sided view that only IS pilots pay your bills. Deaf ears.

#2 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 03:57 PM

what the actual ****.

This is a joke right? This is a troll thread right?

I actually find it impossible to wrap my head around any of your claims except maybe the ATM one.

Edited by Mechwarrior2342356, 08 March 2024 - 04:10 PM.

#3 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 188 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 08 March 2024 - 04:09 PM

View PostFriedIV, on 08 March 2024 - 03:35 PM, said:

Call me foolish.

You're foolish

#4 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 March 2024 - 04:15 PM

In the BattleTech universe, both IS+Clan mech/tech are finely balanced in the end; that's the beauty of BattleTech!
Clan mechs more range and more fragile, etc.
IS mechs more durable + heat efficient, etc.

Really it boils down to MWO's interpretation and how this translates into actual gameplay...
eg: Clan tech just had a slight DHS nerf a few months ago...

#5 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 04:21 PM

View Postw0qj, on 08 March 2024 - 04:15 PM, said:

In the BattleTech universe, both IS+Clan mech/tech are finely balanced in the end; that's the beauty of BattleTech!

Really it boils down to MWO's interpretation and how this translates into actual gameplay...

I can pack something on the order of 28 total DHS in some Clan mechs

I don't think they're hurting that much.

#6 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 04:23 PM

Is it Staude's alt to cry for more clan mechs buffs all over again?

#7 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 04:37 PM

Clans (fills a Hellbringer with over a dozen external DHS, ECM, 2 Heavy Larges and 6 ER Meds) are (casually packs 8 Ultra Autocannon 2s into high mounts) so (burns holes in your mech while exposing so little of my mech that I am practically invisible) awful (slams quadruple LB20X ACs into a chassis with JJs and MASC)

Edited by Mechwarrior2342356, 08 March 2024 - 04:56 PM.

#8 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 05:04 PM

View PostFriedIV, on 08 March 2024 - 03:35 PM, said:

I'm just fed up with the uselessness of clan mechs vs all the dumb abilities you give IS mechs. Who cares if they are slow. The maps are made for brawling. Who cares if the clans have a slight range advantage. The maps are made for brawling. The stealth mechs are nutz. Maybe the lights are ok. But mediums and heavies too. What is a missile for if you cannot lock on anything, and there is so much clutter on the maps that they are practically useless anyways. The game is made for brawling. Peek shooting. Why have ATM's? The time it takes to get a lock is mud in your face. I could just suck. But, I really don't want to believe that. I spend a lot of time trying to build better mechs. And I stick to clan mechs. Call me foolish. But my better mechs are few and far between. Most of them fall apart if a flea farts. I'm just sick of the one sided view that only IS pilots pay your bills. Deaf ears.

could you give an example of some of the builds you're using? Folks here may be able to suggest alternate that could work better for you.

For example, this build is quite scary at close range and is even one of the trial mechs if you wanted to give it a shot

https://mwo.nav-alph...ca29441c_MCII-2

#9 FriedIV

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 08 March 2024 - 06:14 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 08 March 2024 - 05:04 PM, said:

could you give an example of some of the builds you're using? Folks here may be able to suggest alternate that could work better for you.

For example, this build is quite scary at close range and is even one of the trial mechs if you wanted to give it a shot

https://mwo.nav-alph...ca29441c_MCII-2

The MKII is one of the few mechs that can be made to stand toe to toe. But again , as stated, this is brawling. Everything about MWO is tilted towards quick brawling matches. I have a couple of decent MKII's. But then I look at rankings and I see pilots with 30 kills and one death. This is not possible with an MKII. How is it possible otherwise? I don't like being forced into an assault just to level the battlefield. But the line is drawn with heavys/ And what about the binary lasers and x-pulse lasers and stealth in heavies. I don't think the haters care to open their minds cause they are IS dedicants. I knew I should not have done this when I did. But I just am furious over how fragile clan mechs are.

#10 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 06:40 PM

View PostFriedIV, on 08 March 2024 - 06:14 PM, said:

The MKII is one of the few mechs that can be made to stand toe to toe. But again , as stated, this is brawling. Everything about MWO is tilted towards quick brawling matches. I have a couple of decent MKII's. But then I look at rankings and I see pilots with 30 kills and one death. This is not possible with an MKII. How is it possible otherwise? I don't like being forced into an assault just to level the battlefield. But the line is drawn with heavys/ And what about the binary lasers and x-pulse lasers and stealth in heavies. I don't think the haters care to open their minds cause they are IS dedicants. I knew I should not have done this when I did. But I just am furious over how fragile clan mechs are.

clan mechs are somewhat fragile but make up for it by packing overwhelming firepower. mechs like the Dire Wolf and Stone Rhino can deliver extremely devastating alphas.

Binaries and X-pulses are good on certain mechs. I believe they're getting a slight nerf in the upcoming March patch. Stealth is not particularly strong, however, as it nerfs a mech's DPS. It really only has use cases in light mechs, and even then it doesn't make them more threatening.

Maps these days make brawling viable but mid and long range play are also quite strong. What clan mechs do you prefer playing? I can suggest some builds that I find to be very impactful.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 07:19 PM

id say remove the whiners from the game. but then i realized there would be no-one left.

#12 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,122 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 07:20 PM

View PostFriedIV, on 08 March 2024 - 06:14 PM, said:

one of my favorite mechs is my stockpods KFX C, I love the VGLs (except Gorewing that's something I have yet to find a use for). No anti Clan bias. Nobody forces you into assaults. You don't need to use assaults to do well. Stealth Gauss Thanatos is a meme and incredibly unthreatening.

#13 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 08:23 PM

Clans do great in a brawl, especially on the lighter side of things. There's no IS 2xLB20 + 4xSRM6 build that can keep up with a brawl push; and don't even get me started about the KFX-D, ACW-1, VPR-SC, etc. IS will never have anything directly comparable to any of these.

Clans do great in a poke battle. You can easily put a 65+ damage laservomit alpha on a Clan medium mech, with all the speed and agility of a medium mech, and more heat dissipation than most IS heavies.

You look like you're complaining about both brawl and poke overshadowing... lock-ons? Yeah, everything overshadows lock-ons if used well enough (cool), not an IS vs. Clan issue.

IS is pretty strong right now, but their probably best weapon is getting a big nerf next patch, and Clan is getting non-canon analogues for some of their most useful unique weapons.

#14 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 09:10 PM

Run some Clan brawl
Urbie IIc UAC20

Orion IIc brawl (this was a Solaris Event Queue but you get the idea)

LBx80 Rhino (coming out for cbills next patch)

MWO - Sneaky Space Rhino (youtube.com)

Or just go with a range build that still has dps and push up with that (note:hero rhino)
Aksum is a strong independent Rhino who don't need no heat quirk! (youtube.com)

#15 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 March 2024 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

#16 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 09 March 2024 - 12:31 AM

View Postw0qj, on 08 March 2024 - 04:15 PM, said:

In BTverse clan mechs are ballbusters and far from fragile glass-cannons. They are superior by any means even during the Jihad-era and later in the Dark Age (please, delete Dark Age and retcon that!).
Initially an equal fight were 3:1 ratio, three IS mechs were equal with a clan omni. IS finally brought this down to 2:1 ratio. Clan-tech however expensive, harder to maintain and manufacture (that is why even the clans had an insufficient amount of omnimechs in their toumans). And the IS tactic to gang against single targets also helped to "even out the chances" as you said.

Clan omnis were vastly downgraded for MWO because they were f**king IMBA. And because MWO not knows proper organisation-implementation (e.g.: an IS company of 12 mechs versus a clan binary of 10 mechs or the likes). It were necessary PGI made that, for balance, or just close toward some kind of a balance.
As OP mentioned the dumb quirk-system... That most probably meant to "balance" the dumb implementation of omni-pod system, considering both seems chassis-based.

But no, I use mostly clan mechs (guess why?!) and I think they are pretty good as they are now. Of course I mostly play FP where tech-mix is non-exists. In QP or EQ, mixing techs (groups or decks) could result interesting and often overwhelming combos... But no, OP, clan mechs and IS mechs currently pretty equal. And consider that clans not have "just" range advantage! How many IS mechs could carry 5 blazers and use them without blow-up? I put five heavy LLasers on my Warhammer 2c and it sings "trololololoooo!" even for a distance (~1000m with fully skilled). And omnimechs are a different story with their combine-and-smile nature. Some of the best long-range las-vomits are omnis IMHO...

Just mah two centz, girlz n boiz...

+ the new weapons would turn the table again for sure! Another half year would dedicated to balance them (I watch you my beloved, little HAGs...)...

#17 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 March 2024 - 12:48 AM

Since this is a troll post, it needs to be expanded.
I think that clan mechs should be stayed, and 3xLPPPC Urbie should be banned. Same as 3xLPPC Spider etc. The account of any player who even thought of playing with, it should also be deleted Posted Image Posted Image

#18 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 March 2024 - 01:40 AM

My solution is to remove 'Mechs and introduce a vast amount of all kinds of ground and air vehicles like Hovercrafts, Tanks, Figher jets and Bombers Posted Image

#19 FriedIV

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 09 March 2024 - 03:26 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 08 March 2024 - 07:19 PM, said:

id say remove the whiners from the game. but then i realized there would be no-one left.

Yea, you are right.

#20 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 09 March 2024 - 05:26 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 08 March 2024 - 07:19 PM, said:

I'd say your pushing for a lower player count than there already is.

View Postpattonesque, on 08 March 2024 - 06:40 PM, said:

clan mechs are somewhat fragile but make up for it by packing overwhelming firepower. mechs like the Dire Wolf and Stone Rhino can deliver extremely devastating alphas.

Binaries and X-pulses are good on certain mechs. I believe they're getting a slight nerf in the upcoming March patch. Stealth is not particularly strong, however, as it nerfs a mech's DPS. It really only has use cases in light mechs, and even then it doesn't make them more threatening.

Maps these days make brawling viable but mid and long range play are also quite strong. What clan mechs do you prefer playing? I can suggest some builds that I find to be very impactful.
you forgot that almost all clan weapons take longer to do their full damage aside from the LBX and certain other exceptions.

and Clan PPC is suppose to do 15 pinpoint damage but nooo clans can't have that (Looking at you HPCC)

and now HAG does the same because IS whiny babies couldn't learn how to torso twist.

of all the newest weapons I've died at least 4 times to HAG shots... and alot more to binary lasers and x-pulse.

Now ontop of all of this they gave all IS ppcs a minimium range damage instead of being useless within 90m but the ATm is still useless within 120 meters.

Edited by KursedVixen, 09 March 2024 - 05:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users