Won't Spend, Crap Performance

21 replies to this topic

#1 Kovek

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2024 - 06:14 PM

This game could be run on a quantum computer and still get 20 FPS. Sorry, I'm not spending money on a slide show. I LOVE the franchise since I was kid but this is an insult to modern gaming. I can forgive aged-graphics BUT when you expect players to AIM at a target, your FPS performance and stability can't be ****. FYI, I have no problem spending money on free-to-play games.

Edited by Kovek, 10 March 2024 - 06:26 PM.

#2 stripped

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermania superior

Posted 10 March 2024 - 08:17 PM

Good having you aboard! Nice troll post. Now go and swap out your potato for another vegetable and you are good to go, 30 fps minimum.

#3 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 10 March 2024 - 08:43 PM

I think I found his issue.
Posted Image

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 11 March 2024 - 09:00 AM

View PostKovek, on 10 March 2024 - 06:14 PM, said:

This game could be run on a quantum computer and still get 20 FPS. Sorry, I'm not spending money on a slide show. I LOVE the franchise since I was kid but this is an insult to modern gaming. I can forgive aged-graphics BUT when you expect players to AIM at a target, your FPS performance and stability can't be ****. FYI, I have no problem spending money on free-to-play games.

Welcome to the forums!

My PC is not some state-of-the-art machine, but I am getting better numbers than 20 FPS.

Perhaps it is the right time to upgrade your gaming rig to some more advanced model.

Or maybe there is some resource hog running in the background.

#5 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 12 March 2024 - 05:22 PM

Without knowing what your computer specs are, one is left to think that you're most likely running a very old or very cheap PC that was not intended to run recent graphics heavy games. This is not fortnight.

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 14 March 2024 - 08:58 AM

I have seen some people on this very forums arguing that they are entitled to keep their many years old PCs (like a decade old or much older) and PGI is obliged to modify MWO, so that they can keep playing - and without hiccups and with high FPS, of course. Posted Image

#7 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 March 2024 - 10:46 PM

View PostKovek, on 10 March 2024 - 06:14 PM, said:

WON'T SPEND, CRAP PERFORMANCE

The machine I run MWO on is hitting a decade old this year. Framerates usually in the 40s. Sounds like instead of spending money on free-to-play games you should spend it on better hardware to run those games on.

View Postmartian, on 14 March 2024 - 08:58 AM, said:

I have seen some people on this very forums arguing that they are entitled to keep their many years old PCs (like a decade old or much older) and PGI is obliged to modify MWO, so that they can keep playing - and without hiccups and with high FPS, of course. Posted Image

It was a thing as far back as 2016. "Why can't my 20$ obsolete graphics card that's below minimum spec run the game at playable frame rates?" Maybe because it's below minimum spec, genius.
https://steamcommuni...06877327302595/

Edited by Horseman, 19 March 2024 - 10:54 PM.

#8 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 March 2024 - 11:09 PM

Obvious troll is obvious. Probably the basement dwelling type who demands mom buy him a new 'puter but won't because the OP won't go mow the lawn, shovel the drive, etc....

Maybe run some anti-virus, malware, etc scans-probably downloading that adult material in the background like a mad badger from questionable sites and wondering why their rig is infected because said sites said they were "safe"

Shudders!

Troll account for sure. Probably a good reason for it. Another keyboard warrior without the metal to deal with life.

#9 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 03:16 AM

View PostHorseman, on 19 March 2024 - 10:46 PM, said:

It was a thing as far back as 2016. "Why can't my 20$ obsolete graphics card that's below minimum spec run the game at playable frame rates?" Maybe because it's below minimum spec, genius.
https://steamcommuni...06877327302595/

I like his "I get 10fps or so ...", "Specs are somewhat irrelevant to this..." Posted Image

#10 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 12:55 AM

This topic was moved to General Discussion

#11 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 March 2024 - 04:10 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 10 March 2024 - 08:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

It reminded me of my beloved Amiga 600 Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 25 March 2024 - 06:14 AM

Considering this game came out 11 years ago= frame rates suck. I run 7800x3d+ 4090 and I also get massive frame drops out of nowhere. I will go from 200 to 60- for no reason that I can see. The game only uses 15% of the CPU + 30% of the GPU.

The game runs like poo- always has.

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 March 2024 - 06:20 AM

View PostPapaspud, on 25 March 2024 - 06:14 AM, said:

Considering this game came out 11 years ago= frame rates suck. I run 7800x3d+ 4090 and I also get massive frame drops out of nowhere. I will go from 200 to 60- for no reason that I can see. The game only uses 15% of the CPU + 30% of the GPU.

CryEngine 3.x combined with Host State Rewind. Yup.

Properly adjusting the config files for this game so your hardware can make the best of it is a must.

Also... I miss the Amiga. RIP Commodore.

#14 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 07:59 AM

View Postmartian, on 14 March 2024 - 08:58 AM, said:

Bah game was comp tier a playable with i5 2500k with way many times more FPS than OP describes with some config tweaking... old computer isn't excuse, old potato computer might be.

View PostPapaspud, on 25 March 2024 - 06:14 AM, said:

How many percentage of CPU usage for just one core?

Edited by Curccu, 25 March 2024 - 07:59 AM.

#15 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 25 March 2024 - 08:06 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 10 March 2024 - 08:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

I loved my Amiga. Don't abuse it!

#16 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 11:29 AM

Guys. Slow. The game is currently total garbage fps drops in the 20s happen to many players currently form multiple generations of hardware (5800x3d up until 14700k seen it happen frequently). And CFG is no solution. Not gonna drop to testing ground just to make Frankenstein modification of Frankenstein engine working partly. Instead of adding more weapons they should work on a fix to the load times and fps drop (shader cache and r start can, but doesn't need to help, until out of a sudden bug is back again. Since the previous patch era something is broken and they don't know what.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 25 March 2024 - 11:30 AM.

#17 Jag Hiroshi

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 March 2024 - 11:57 AM

I have a potato powered PC running an Intel ARC (of all cards) and I get great performance (especially since clearing the shader cache). Try playing something like Star Citizen - then you'll know pain.

#18 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 10:02 PM

Oh I have (but the game is so boring). Running perfectly. Was rough on release and one of the problem titles for Intel still.

Haven't played much last week, but it looks like the fps drops are ok currently. But load warrior online for many players is real. Most matches are multiple players with connecting...

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 27 March 2024 - 10:04 PM.

#19 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:02 PM

Put this in your MWO file as user.cfg

e_Dissolve=1
e_LodCompMaxSize=255
e_LodRatio=255
e_ObjQuality=4
e_ParticlesMaxDrawScreen = 0.1
e_ParticlesQuality=1
e_ParticlesObjectCollisions=1
e_ParticlesPreload=1
e_PreloadDecals=1
e_PreloadMaterials=1
e_StatObjPreload=1
e_TerrainLodRatio=0.5
e_TerrainTextureLodRatio=5
e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistXY = 4096
e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistZ = 4096
e_ViewDistMin=4096
gfx_inputevents_mouse_move_threshold=0.0166
gp_default_cockpit_light=1
i_mouse_smooth=1
r_BatchType=0
r_DepthOfField=0
r_GeomInstancingThreshold=2
r_SSAO=0
r_ShadersAsyncCompiling=3
r_ShadersAsyncMaxThreads=4
r_ShadersCompileAutoActivate=1
r_ShadersPreactivate=1
r_ShadersUseInstanceLookUpTable=1
r_SnowHalfRes=1
r_TexMaxAnisotropy=16
r_TexMinAnisotropy=16
r_Texture_Anisotropic_Level=16
r_TexturesWarmup=1
r_WaterCaustics=0
r_WaterReflectionsQuality=0
r_WaterTessellationHW=0
r_ssdo=0
r_sunshafts=0
sys_flash_curve_tess_error=10
sys_flash_edgeaa=0

#20 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:05 PM

It helped my frame rate a lot, and increased the visual quality significantly, i'm running a stock (relatively inexpensive) gaming laptop that's about 3 years old.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users