• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 March 2024 - 11:26 PM

View PostPapaspud, on 25 March 2024 - 06:14 AM, said:

The game runs like poo- always has.

Exactly !
The fact that 80% of players use Vlaad Tweaks (or change user.cfg themselves) proves that the game is very poorly optimized.
What's more funny, the new maps are not better graphically than the old ones and the FPS is lower there (I'm leaving out Solaris City, because it was designed by a real genius Posted Image)

Posted Image

Edited by MarcinT1981, 27 March 2024 - 11:26 PM.

#22 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 28 March 2024 - 06:33 AM

View PostCurccu, on 25 March 2024 - 07:59 AM, said:

Bah game was comp tier a playable with i5 2500k with way many times more FPS than OP describes with some config tweaking... old computer isn't excuse, old potato computer might be.

How many percentage of CPU usage for just one core?

i think i first ran this game on a core 2 quad rig. ive upgraded 5 times since then, none of which had a problem getting performance out of this game. most recent build, a couple generations old at this point, and i get 120+ fps @ 4k. it fits in a 12 liter case.

View PostMarcinT1981, on 27 March 2024 - 11:26 PM, said:

Exactly !
The fact that 80% of players use Vlaad Tweaks (or change user.cfg themselves) proves that the game is very poorly optimized.
What's more funny, the new maps are not better graphically than the old ones and the FPS is lower there (I'm leaving out Solaris City, because it was designed by a real genius Posted Image)

-snip-

no user.cfg. i do turn off particles, env, and aa in the menu though.

Edited by LordNothing, 28 March 2024 - 04:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users