Lucky Charms Event Rewards

8 replies to this topic

#1 Uberchaoslord

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 04:45 PM

Can I make a suggestion to the devs? I'm a pretty new player, and only have about 10 mechs currently. I haven't tried most of the chassis that are available as heros at the end of this event.

Can you please switch the trial mechs to at least be a base version of all the heroes available? I have no idea what to pick!?!

I just realized the hero list is at least of one of each chassis, which might be unreasonable. But the trial ones literally have not changed since I started playing. And I also realize that you can try each in the testing grounds, but that's not the same as vs actual pilots.

Edited by Uberchaoslord, 15 March 2024 - 05:15 PM.

#2 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 05:16 PM

There's way too many mechs to choose from to put them all on trial rotation, and the unskilled stock loadout isn't indicative of a mech's performance even for hero mechs. You'd probably have an easier time making a thread in the new player help forum and describing what kind of mech you're looking for; or going to https://grimmechs.is...Database?h=hero and looking at loadouts for ideas, then using the store mechlab to try them in the testing grounds.

#3 Uberchaoslord

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 05:32 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 15 March 2024 - 05:16 PM, said:

There's way too many mechs to choose from to put them all on trial rotation, and the unskilled stock loadout isn't indicative of a mech's performance even for hero mechs. You'd probably have an easier time making a thread in the new player help forum and describing what kind of mech you're looking for; or going to https://grimmechs.is...Database?h=hero and looking at loadouts for ideas, then using the store mechlab to try them in the testing grounds.

I'm fortunate to have a couple of friends that have been playing for a very long time, so they're giving me advice and such, but no amount of advice will make up for trying a mech for a few rounds.

#4 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 08:31 PM

View PostUberchaoslord, on 15 March 2024 - 05:32 PM, said:

I'm fortunate to have a couple of friends that have been playing for a very long time, so they're giving me advice and such, but no amount of advice will make up for trying a mech for a few rounds.

True, I have mechs that I bought 12 years ago that I'm still trying to decide if I like. Experienced friends definitely helps though.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 11:39 PM

i just play everything. what sucks is picking which of the 681 mechs to use.

you can run mechs on the testing grounds without buying them of course.

of the 12 hero mechs i do not have, not including the stone rhino hero which isnt in the list, most expensive is tied between the victor and awesome heroes. some choice, neither would be my first pick. but if i want to dispense with pragmatism the next cheapest down is one of the mad dog heroes (one of the last 3 clan heroes i dont have). no sense going for legends because i have all the ones in the list, and may buy those for cash at some point. can get one of the mediums with my current mc stack, just waiting on a sale.

Edited by LordNothing, 16 March 2024 - 12:25 AM.

#6 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 March 2024 - 11:41 PM

Yes, you can try out a mech for free (in the Testing Grounds)!
And in your own customised mech loadout too!

1. In your MWO mechbay, click [Store]>>[Battlemech], and choose the mech that you want to try out (even Hero mechs).

2. Click [View_In_Mechlab], then drag/drop to customize your proposed mech that you wish to try out.

3. Click [Mech_Stats]>>[Enter_Testing_Grounds] on the lower right corner of your screen.

Voila! You can try out your proposed mech, albeit against static opponents! :)

View PostUberchaoslord, on 15 March 2024 - 05:32 PM, said:

#7 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 March 2024 - 01:55 AM

Assaults https://youtu.be/OrR...au84FsE8zG55tsv
Heavy https://youtu.be/-Tf...5FvFeZ16lzG3zh-
Medium and lights https://youtu.be/gTv...tdtqUJ5SqpxDBv3
The guides were created before Binars, Hags, etc. appeared. But in general, they are still very good guides

#8 Uberchaoslord

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2024 - 08:57 AM

View Postw0qj, on 15 March 2024 - 11:41 PM, said:

Yes, you can try out a mech for free (in the Testing Grounds)!
And in your own customised mech loadout too!

1. In your MWO mechbay, click [Store]>>[Battlemech], and choose the mech that you want to try out (even Hero mechs).

2. Click [View_In_Mechlab], then drag/drop to customize your proposed mech that you wish to try out.

3. Click [Mech_Stats]>>[Enter_Testing_Grounds] on the lower right corner of your screen.

Voila! You can try out your proposed mech, albeit against static opponents! Posted Image

This is definitely helpful, I didn't realize you could run a custom build through training grounds without buying it.

#9 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 16 March 2024 - 04:35 PM

View PostUberchaoslord, on 15 March 2024 - 04:45 PM, said:

Can I make a suggestion to the devs? I'm a pretty new player, and only have about 10 mechs currently. I haven't tried most of the chassis that are available as heros at the end of this event.

Can you please switch the trial mechs to at least be a base version of all the heroes available? I have no idea what to pick!?!

I just realized the hero list is at least of one of each chassis, which might be unreasonable. But the trial ones literally have not changed since I started playing. And I also realize that you can try each in the testing grounds, but that's not the same as vs actual pilots.

You can check out the tube of you for videos on which hero/legendary mechs are best. I know TTB has some and so does No Guts No Galaxy. Baradur might, but his will probably be out of date now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users