#1 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 258 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 19 March 2024 - 06:05 PM

The clan side was just kind of there, nothing to write home about, maybe get better later on.

The only thing of note on the IS side is thunderbolts are interesting if your a missile person, and LAC 2/5 as well as SB gauss seem to be the star of the patch.

Silver bullet feels good, like it alot, tho I'm not good with it, I think its close to were it needs to be.

LAC 2s need to fire faster they just feel, like someone forgot to put enough powder in the shell.

LAC 5 same as 2s need to fire faster as they feel like ac10s with half damage. They also need to have there heat reduced as they are abit spicy for average use.

All and all the patch as fun, but much of the stuff blended in with what was there, which might be a good thing?

#2 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 20 March 2024 - 05:27 PM

AP Gauss needs to fire a little bit faster too. Not much, but a little.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 08:38 PM

yes my warthog needs more murder spew.

#4 Mark Yore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 02:41 AM

Given the amount of face time required, the Beam Laser is a bit underpowered. Adding more of them to a build just decreases the time you can use it for due to heat.

I'd like it to add more heat at the other end, making it more of a very long range flamethrower. Could you stun lock other mechs from a distance? Could you make them overheat and explode? Yes, yes you could.

I'd also like the heat to start at a lower level, but ramp up the longer you hold it on the same target. So you could shake it off while the affected area gets to cool down, but the longer you ignore it the more dangerous it becomes. It would make it a great but risky weapon for lights, providing the same assistance that a NARC does to help teammates. As an external heat source it would also give a great benefit to those mechs with 100% External Heat Transfer, such as the Night Gyr.

#5 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 23 March 2024 - 04:12 AM

In its current state...it feels bland.
Plasma Cannons are too hot
Mag Shot / AP is, thanks to the 100 shot/ton, a bit too heavy for light mechs
Thunders are lacking in many aspects
And I am not sure what to make of proto ACs

Summa summarum: I expected to try a lot of builds but apart from 2-3 light AC builds I won't use any because they are lacking compared to the old stuff. However, I play mostly lights and meds. Maybe it is different for the fatties.

It seems I am not the only one, though. After half a week you see mostly the old builds again. Says it all in my book. But don't get me wrong. It is for sure better to start a but underpowered and scale it up than vice versa

Edited by Weeny Machine, 23 March 2024 - 04:13 AM.

#6 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 23 March 2024 - 05:00 AM

PAC's feels very clunky to use compare to LAC's, need more testing, still no reason to use them over a standard uac even on a light mech.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,786 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:02 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 23 March 2024 - 05:00 AM, said:

PAC's feels very clunky to use compare to LAC's, need more testing, still no reason to use them over a standard uac even on a light mech.

i noticed that, the lac5 is really strong, even in pairs. the lac8 is too short range to be useful, unless you can boat 3 or more of them use a uac20 instead. pac4 is not even useful in quantity 4, tried that on a summoner and i couldn't make that thing do work. but you can boat 8 of them on a dire with ecm and have enough ammo for a match, where as that was problematic with pre-existing 2 class guns. the is guns are more useful on lighter mechs.

suggest moving the pac8 range up to 300m and maybe reduce the cooldown of the pac4 to 1.75 to make it dps equivalent to the lac5.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 March 2024 - 06:22 AM.

#8 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 475 posts

Posted 24 March 2024 - 12:42 PM

Clan assaults firing 6 x Beam lasers at once and melting opponents with pinpoint accuracy needs to be stopped.

Edited by An6ryMan69, 24 March 2024 - 12:42 PM.

#9 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 258 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 02 April 2024 - 09:23 PM

Following up with this, I'm seeing ALOT of folks cook themselves with multi beams, and alot of ap gauss adders and some magshot crusaders. PAC and LAC still fire slow compared to normal auto cannons, while I can bake a potato with a few plasmas.

ps. those that haven't. Try the sb guass on the gridiron hunchie, your welcome.....

#10 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 03 April 2024 - 06:25 AM

From what I've seen, some mechs can benefit from these new 2024 weapons, but only if they can boat lots of them,
and only under special conditions. (Hotter builds for bigger alphas in Solaris7 Events, or ADR-W running off to cool down, etc.)

1) ADR-W(L): Standard Variant not yet released as of this writing; sorry...
https://mwo.nav-alph...80585fc4_ADR-WL
~ADR-W: 14x AP Gauss + MPL (!)
~Lots of ballistic hardpoints for AP Gauss boating

2) PIR-CI
https://mwo.nav-alph...cb97e64d_PIR-CI
~PIR-CI: 6x AP Gauss + 9x ER-Micro-Laser
~A little short of ammo IMHO, but it's still in the early days, you get the idea...

3) FNR-J Legendary or Hero mech:
https://mwo.nav-alph...=df4cea88_FNR-J
FNR-J: 8x LAC5 + MASC build !
~Lots of ballistic hardpoints for boating 8x LAC5, especially devestating in Solaris7 close range brawling. Runs hot.
~FNR-J previously could only field 6x AC5 as a realistic solution, as compared to above build.
(Personal Comment: 6x AC5 would be better on my ANH-2A or Dire Wolf, or even SR-4, IMHO).

4) EXE-B-C Legendary or eventually Hero mech: one of my experimental mechs Posted Image
https://mwo.nav-alph...2f8e_EXE-B-CLGD
~6x PAC4 + 2xERPPC + 2xJJ, no MASC
~EXE-B-C previously could only field 3x AC5 + 2xERPPC, which is a little underpowered IMHO...

Edited by w0qj, 03 April 2024 - 05:50 PM.

#11 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 03 April 2024 - 09:58 AM

I was pretty blah on them until recently. I have mostly focused on IS.

Magshot can be fun. I have tried it on an Arrow and Huggin and had great fun with it. On the Huggin, combined with SRM4s it does nice damage out to 300m.

LAC5 I have fallen in love with! On the Uziel with the missile -60% spread it is a beast. 2LAC5, 2LPPC, 1MRM10 and pop tart all day and night. The thing racks up damage and is a phenomenal second line damage unit.

You can now have a 4LAC5 Rifleman which actually DOES SOMETHING! It is about time!

LAC2 hasn't attracted me much and Thunderbolt missiles are a hot mess at the moment.

#12 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 172 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 04 April 2024 - 09:18 AM

In my opinion Magshot and AP gauss are bit too strong, I like playing light mechs and I think ballistic weapons are too heavy and large, so I was very happy when new tiny ballistic weapons were announced.

But 0,5 ton AC/2 for light mechs who can usually bring lot of ballistic weapons is very strong.

I think range is ok, cooldown probably too. I think they either need to be bigger or heavier, maybe 1 ton or 0,75, or maybe 3 slots (not everything at once).
Or give them more heat or ghost heat, it is weird you can shoot so many at once. I think 5-7 would be better.
I think changing them too much would make them not that good, and it is good now to have more option than only machine guns.

But with some tiny mechs bringing more AC/2 than some large mechs, it is bit too strong.

But that is only my opinion, I like tiny ballistic weapons, I want more, and I am waiting for my Flea19 to get +3600 Magshot ammo quirk. Posted Image

#13 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 04 April 2024 - 01:06 PM

View Posttorsie, on 04 April 2024 - 09:18 AM, said:

In my opinion Magshot and AP gauss are bit too strong, I like playing light mechs and I think ballistic weapons are too heavy and large, so I was very happy when new tiny ballistic weapons were announced.

But 0,5 ton AC/2 for light mechs who can usually bring lot of ballistic weapons is very strong.

I think range is ok, cooldown probably too. I think they either need to be bigger or heavier, maybe 1 ton or 0,75, or maybe 3 slots (not everything at once).
Or give them more heat or ghost heat, it is weird you can shoot so many at once. I think 5-7 would be better.
I think changing them too much would make them not that good, and it is good now to have more option than only machine guns.

But with some tiny mechs bringing more AC/2 than some large mechs, it is bit too strong.

But that is only my opinion, I like tiny ballistic weapons, I want more, and I am waiting for my Flea19 to get +3600 Magshot ammo quirk. Posted Image

I disagree. When you see what heavier mechs carry (and they can also carry AP/MAGs)....
Also, to make them really effective you need to boat them and have to get relatively close /shrug

I have played the Myst Lynx with the 8 ballistic hardpoints...it didn't really float my boat. I lose again and again one of the arms quickly. The Flea was better though but I expected more of the weapon system. Don't get me wrong: nice to have but I see nothing OP. The Javelin suffered from ammo shortage or damage shortage depending how you outfitted it (but maybe this changes with the patch)

Edited by Weeny Machine, 04 April 2024 - 01:10 PM.

#14 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 172 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 04 April 2024 - 02:14 PM

I have them on my King Crab filled up with Thunderbolts and they work great. Posted Image

I put them on everything that can not fit even those new "light" ACs but still has empty ballistic slots. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users