49 replies to this topic

#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 09 May 2024 - 09:17 AM

View PostPyc_MadWolf, on 06 May 2024 - 01:53 PM, said:

I noticed that the upcoming PGI game inspired a lot of people and continues to do so by painting miniatures in the colors of Smoky Jaguars, in particular, mission-style panoramas from the demo went Posted Image . MW5: Clans is contributing to the popularization of Smoky Jaguars and they haven't come out yet. If we are talking about the mechs of the BattleTech board game from CGL.
I wonder if PGI will prepare some Clan Smoke Jaguar-themed MWO event before the planned MW5:Clans release.

#22 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 09 May 2024 - 07:58 PM

You know, I've always viewed MWO and MW5 as modern-day equivalents of MW and Netmech/MercNet. What I mean is that Mechwarrior 5 is equal to Mechwarrior 1, given the Succession Wars Era, Merc aspect and revenge story. So I'd say that Mechwarrior 5: Clans is PGI's modern take on Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat, given the clan focus of the game. But both are what you want if you are looking for a PVE styled game. As where MWO is an equivalent of both NetMech and MercNet give the PvP elements of the game.

#23 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia.

Posted 10 May 2024 - 12:10 AM

View PostWill9761, on 09 May 2024 - 07:58 PM, said:

You know, I've always viewed MWO and MW5 as modern-day equivalents of MW and Netmech/MercNet. What I mean is that Mechwarrior 5 is equal to Mechwarrior 1, given the Succession Wars Era, Merc aspect and revenge story. So I'd say that Mechwarrior 5: Clans is PGI's modern take on Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat, given the clan focus of the game. But both are what you want if you are looking for a PVE styled game. As where MWO is an equivalent of both NetMech and MercNet give the PvP elements of the game.

You're right about everything and it was confirmed by the developers. When creating Mechwarrior 5: Mesrsenariess, in terms of the general direction of the plot and possibilities, we looked at Mechwarrior 1989 and Russ Bullack talked about it. Also, creating Mechwarrior 5: Clans, Mechwarrior 2: 31 Century Combat is taken as a standard and a sample. It was also the most successful game of the series. This is also indicated in the EG7 roadmap. I have always said that much of the best has already been created before. You just need to take the foundation, rest on the base and only improve. And I am very glad that the series returns to the linear campaign, where we will focus not just on the Clans, but on their inner cuisine, the life of mechwarriors and, of course, with their main goal in life, this is Operation Rebirth. The more videos, cut scenes and all this will convey the atmosphere at the highest level.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 10 May 2024 - 12:11 AM.

#24 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 12:14 AM

View Postmartian, on 09 May 2024 - 09:17 AM, said:

I wonder if PGI will prepare some Clan Smoke Jaguar-themed MWO event before the planned MW5:Clans release.

I am sure that everything will be fine. And now the video shows that there are new options, inventions related to the furs of Smoky Jaguars, Houses of Kurita and the like.

#25 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 07:30 AM

View PostPyc_MadWolf, on 10 May 2024 - 12:10 AM, said:

You're right about everything and it was confirmed by the developers. When creating Mechwarrior 5: Mesrsenariess, in terms of the general direction of the plot and possibilities, we looked at Mechwarrior 1989 and Russ Bullack talked about it. Also, creating Mechwarrior 5: Clans, Mechwarrior 2: 31 Century Combat is taken as a standard and a sample. It was also the most successful game of the series. This is also indicated in the EG7 roadmap. I have always said that much of the best has already been created before. You just need to take the foundation, rest on the base and only improve. And I am very glad that the series returns to the linear campaign, where we will focus not just on the Clans, but on their inner cuisine, the life of mechwarriors and, of course, with their main goal in life, this is Operation Rebirth. The more videos, cut scenes and all this will convey the atmosphere at the highest level.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Mechwarrior 6 used Mechwarrior 4 as their basis for the FedCom Civil War Era given the fact that PGI already has the Civil War Era Mechs giftwrapped to them. The only thing we need now are the rest of the 3060 IS OmniMechs like the Hauptmann and Templar.

#26 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 08:24 AM

View PostWill9761, on 10 May 2024 - 07:30 AM, said:

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Mechwarrior 6 used Mechwarrior 4 as their basis for the FedCom Civil War Era given the fact that PGI already has the Civil War Era Mechs giftwrapped to them. The only thing we need now are the rest of the 3060 IS OmniMechs like the Hauptmann and Templar.
Well, I would wait with planning for MechWarrior 6 until MechWarrior 5: Clans is actually released. Posted Image

(and maybe with some expansion packs on top of it) Posted Image

#27 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 12:30 PM

I while I don't know which year MW5:Clans will end, I hope it doesn't end in 3052. Because I want to have the full Clan Smoke Jaguar experience, from their time in the Inner Sphere to their destruction in 3060 from Operation BULLDOG. The past Mechwarrior games 2 and 3, as well as Mechcommander Gold already gave us bits and pieces of the Smoke Jaguar's fate, so I would love to see PGI go all out with that Clan's history.

But if PGI decides to make the later years of the Smoke Jaguars a DLC, like "Task Force Serpent" DLC, then I'll be disappointed in MW5.

#28 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 01:59 PM

View PostWill9761, on 11 May 2024 - 12:30 PM, said:

I while I don't know which year MW5:Clans will end, I hope it doesn't end in 3052. Because I want to have the full Clan Smoke Jaguar experience, from their time in the Inner Sphere to their destruction in 3060 from Operation BULLDOG. The past Mechwarrior games 2 and 3, as well as Mechcommander Gold already gave us bits and pieces of the Smoke Jaguar's fate, so I would love to see PGI go all out with that Clan's history.

But if PGI decides to make the later years of the Smoke Jaguars a DLC, like "Task Force Serpent" DLC, then I'll be disappointed in MW5.

The game will only have Operation Revival with all 5 waves within the Smoky Jaguar Corridor. It wasn't said directly about it, but there were bold hints everywhere. It will all end in the Battle of Tukayyid. No one makes a game for one side or another, where you end up completely defeated (even in the framework of games for the Germans in World War II). And in this game (including add-ons), campaigns will only be for Clans from their point of view, imho. MW5: Clans themselves talk about it. It seems to me that the topic of Operation Bulldog PGI will not be repeated. This is a hackneyed topic and has already been in two games. Russ Bullock said they don't want to copy old stories, games. They want to show new games in the series, those campaigns that haven't been there yet.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 11 May 2024 - 02:00 PM.

#29 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 05:26 PM

View PostPyc_MadWolf, on 11 May 2024 - 01:59 PM, said:

The game will only have Operation Revival with all 5 waves within the Smoky Jaguar Corridor. It wasn't said directly about it, but there were bold hints everywhere. It will all end in the Battle of Tukayyid. No one makes a game for one side or another, where you end up completely defeated (even in the framework of games for the Germans in World War II). And in this game (including add-ons), campaigns will only be for Clans from their point of view, imho. MW5: Clans themselves talk about it. It seems to me that the topic of Operation Bulldog PGI will not be repeated. This is a hackneyed topic and has already been in two games. Russ Bullock said they don't want to copy old stories, games. They want to show new games in the series, those campaigns that haven't been there yet.

I've got no problems with PGI doing the Clan Invasion as their story. After all, there are some excellent events that PGI can use to showcase the way of Clan Smoke Jaguar like the Battle of Radstadt (where Leo Showers was killed), Bombardment of Turtle Bay and the Battle of Luthien but I don't like the idea of leaving the Jaguars fate on the Battle of Tukayyid as a cliffhanger. PGI making a DLC for Operation Bulldog would be like saying, "Congrats on beating the game, now buy our DLC to unlock the rest of the story."

It just gives me those vibes of 80's and 90's video games like Streets of Rage or Twisted Metal, that tell you to beat the game again in a harder difficulty to unlock the rest of the game or to get the true ending. But at least, the challenge they provided was excusable. As where buying a DLC to unlock the rest of the game's story is not. I really hope it doesn't go down that path.

Edited by Will9761, 11 May 2024 - 05:27 PM.

#30 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 12 May 2024 - 08:41 AM

View PostWill9761, on 11 May 2024 - 12:30 PM, said:

I while I don't know which year MW5:Clans will end, I hope it doesn't end in 3052....
PGI has released a half dozen of expansion packs for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries.

I am quite sure that we can expect some expansion packs for MechWarrior 5: Clans too. Posted Image

#31 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 14 May 2024 - 04:15 PM

View Postmartian, on 12 May 2024 - 08:41 AM, said:

PGI has released a half dozen of expansion packs for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries.

I am quite sure that we can expect some expansion packs for MechWarrior 5: Clans too. Posted Image

You know what would be cool for a DLC pack for Mechwarrior 5? Individual Clan DLC packs based on each clan. Think about it, every DLC of MW5: Clans allows you to play as a different clan with their own mechs and characters. For example a Clan Jade Falcon DLC that unlocks the Night Gyr, Black Lanner and introduces the Turkina. Not only that but it allows you to play through that clan's perspective. Imagine playing through Clan Jade Falcons' DLC campaign through Aidan Pryde or his daughter Diana, or Clan Wolf through the eyes of Phelan Kell going from Kell Hound to Khan of Clan Wolf. That would be freaking awesome. Posted Image

Edited by Will9761, 14 May 2024 - 04:59 PM.

#32 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 01:41 AM

View PostWill9761, on 14 May 2024 - 04:15 PM, said:

You know what would be cool for a DLC pack for Mechwarrior 5? Individual Clan DLC packs based on each clan. Think about it, every DLC of MW5: Clans allows you to play as a different clan with their own mechs and characters. For example a Clan Jade Falcon DLC that unlocks the Night Gyr, Black Lanner and introduces the Turkina. Not only that but it allows you to play through that clan's perspective. Imagine playing through Clan Jade Falcons' DLC campaign through Aidan Pryde or his daughter Diana, or Clan Wolf through the eyes of Phelan Kell going from Kell Hound to Khan of Clan Wolf. That would be freaking awesome. Posted Image

I think it will be so and I am sure that each addition will be for a new Clan. In general, I really want DLC with Operation Klondike or about the internal disputes of Clans on their home worlds.

#33 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,185 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 15 May 2024 - 02:41 AM

we already had the wolves and jade falcon perspective from Mechwarrior 2. i'd much prefer clans perspectives we didn't see like Seafox/diamon shark Novacat, hell horses. or steel viper

Edited by KursedVixen, 15 May 2024 - 02:43 AM.

#34 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 06:26 PM

View PostPyc_MadWolf, on 15 May 2024 - 01:41 AM, said:

I think it will be so and I am sure that each addition will be for a new Clan. In general, I really want DLC with Operation Klondike or about the internal disputes of Clans on their home worlds.

Not only that, but there are lots of good stories that you could tell for each clan with a different DLC:

Clan Wolf DLC: You get to see how the Wolves got forced to participate in Operation Revival
Clan Jade Falcon DLC: The Legend of Aidan Pryde and the Falcon Guards
Clan Ghost Bear DLC: The Rise of the Ghost Bear Dominion
There are some good set pieces and elements that PGI can add to make those stories possible. Also since MW5: Clans doesn't have the starmap where you can go to a certain planet or wait for a certain year to start, unlike MW5:Mercs, they have the freedom to use any era they want without time restrictions.

#35 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 15 May 2024 - 10:55 PM

View PostPyc_MadWolf, on 15 May 2024 - 01:41 AM, said:

In general, I really want DLC with Operation Klondike or about the internal disputes of Clans on their home worlds.
All MW5:Mercs expansion packs have stayed roughly in the same period so far. I expect a similar approach with MW5:Clans, so I do not think that PGI would jump with one expansion pack two hundred years backwards.

#36 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 May 2024 - 07:14 AM

View Postmartian, on 15 May 2024 - 10:55 PM, said:

All MW5:Mercs expansion packs have stayed roughly in the same period so far. I expect a similar approach with MW5:Clans, so I do not think that PGI would jump with one expansion pack two hundred years backwards.

You're right. Then there is something to fantasize about. But then again, most likely all the additions will be for the Clans, maybe not the Wolf, the Jade Falcon and the Ghost Bears. Or maybe the additions will just be with new equipment, mechs, weapons? I'm more interested in what the new 2027 game will be about. The civil war in the Fedcom is also a hackneyed topic and is unlikely to be repeated.

#37 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 May 2024 - 01:33 AM

I'm worried about the campaign, looking at the complete failure of Homeworld 3. They decided to make a campaign with a new approach, unlike the early series of games. Now it shows more of the relationship between the characters, their experiences, snot and whining. In a word, personal emotional experiences have become higher than the general, global goals and the struggle of the entire nation. A soap opera, not a campaign. There are also some cut scenes, with overly emotional grimaces. They also managed to stuff a summons. I'm worried that there won't be a soap opera with snot in the Clans either. Where the hero and the mechwarriors are worried about how Turtle Bay is being bombarded and they can't do anything. They will start mourning poor civilians and the like. And in the end they will also think about betraying the Clans. In general, the perversion will work.

Why such concerns? Because we have the main story here and it will revolve around our star and their emotions, views, beliefs can rise above the common goals of the Clan. Although this is hard to accept, considering that they are trueborn.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 18 May 2024 - 01:36 AM.

#38 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 May 2024 - 06:13 AM

There will be many game exhibitions at the beginning of June. Does anyone know if PGI will be on them with new details about MW5: Clans? Have you had any messages from Russ Bullack? It's just that if nothing has changed, then in June we should tell you the release date and more details about the game.

#39 CStarker

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 09:59 AM

I agree. I wish Clan mechs and weapons were added to the game for variety. I want to have a mixture of IS and Clan tech in my lance just like MW4 Mercenaries. The lore justification for it is less important to me than making Clan tech balanced relative to IS tech.

Edited by CStarker, 26 May 2024 - 10:16 AM.

#40 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 10:51 AM

View PostPyc_MadWolf, on 24 May 2024 - 06:13 AM, said:

There will be many game exhibitions at the beginning of June. Does anyone know if PGI will be on them with new details about MW5: Clans? Have you had any messages from Russ Bullack? It's just that if nothing has changed, then in June we should tell you the release date and more details about the game.
Nothing new so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users