BattleMechs

17 replies to this topic

#1 NeoRocket

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 08:49 PM

Legendary Mechs! Love em. Love the concept. The execution and yes, I have bought a few. No, I do not think they are "pay to win". Anyone thinks that doesn't really know MWO. I have noticed with the legendary mechs some have unique quirks and hardpoints. Not necessarily better, just, different. I think they should be a tiny bit healthier and or fearsome in some way, damage, damage over times and so on. They are LEGENDARY. But Piranha has been careful not to make them pay to win and hats off. They have done an excellent job of making mechs worth buying while not putting an unfair advantage on the field of battle for a nickel.
That is my take on Legends...

Now, I have ONE ASK. Please? Can we get a legendary... Dire Wolf soon? A proper Legendary Dire pleeeease. One that of course as the other legends do, emphasizes an aspect(s) of said mech. Some xtra tankiness? Or firepower or even a little of both? Of course it won't be fast. A fast Direwhale would be.. Sacrilegious!

That is my humble ask. From NeoRocket, Dire Pilot.

Thank you.

#2 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 10 May 2024 - 11:14 PM

Yeah the Dire is definitely a pretty good candidate, there's nothing else that would be really interesting to explore in the BT universe besides another Dire variant. It would really bring some variety to the 100 tonne clan range.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:39 AM

not sure what it would do that you couldnt do on any other dire. unless they want to do a battlemech version or an is crossover. perhaps a dire with a different engine rating.

#4 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,449 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 May 2024 - 03:22 PM

I'm a Dire Wolf pilot myself; find that playing my custom DWF is more fun than playing the Stone Rhino.

Also eagerly awaiting for the Legendary Dire Wolf, and I would imagine it like this:

a) ECM in CT, and with no JJ. Omnimech of course Posted Image
Basically like that DWF-Prime(I) that had ECM in CT for 8 weeks during summer 2021.
(My personal offer still stands: I'll buy this DWF-Prime(Z) if it has only ECM in CT, and no JJ. Just put this as an exclusive into the Clan Wave I, and not in the a-la-carte.)

b ) Left Torso: can equip Supercharger, and Supercharger can be user-removed (similar to Legendary Warhawk).
Left Torso hardpoints: none
Left Torso quirks: 10% Cooldown, 20% Velocity (similar to the DWF-A RT, but on sterio ds. Can be equipped on other DWF's)

c) Left Leg: no DHS in Left Leg, and this can be used on any other Dire Wolf also with no DHS (similar to the DWF-UV unique ballistic arms).
(Feedback: Legendary Executioner with 1xJJ in each leg automatically morphs into 2xJJ in each leg when equipped on any other model of Executioner mech. This is not what I'm talking about for this Legendary DWF).

d) Compact Gyro: 4x Critical slot in CT, similar to COM-D03(H)

e) Compact Cockpit: 2x Critical slot in head, similar to Legendary Atlas AS7-W(LGD) and AS7-W hero mech.

DWF Credentials:
(4x DWF-A(P), 1x DWF-C(S), and 5+ DWF-UV)

Edited by w0qj, 11 May 2024 - 04:03 PM.

#5 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,113 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 May 2024 - 05:26 PM

i am sort of meh on the Legendaries as a concept, as usual for PGI real money items they are far overpriced. as long as they stay mostly balanced i am fine with them. i'll ever buy one but that goes for every mech pack for me.

as for the next set i would rather see more little used mechs than any of the ones you see every match. (i'm looking at the Direwhale request above). i want to see as much variety on the field as possible.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 05:43 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 11 May 2024 - 05:26 PM, said:

i am sort of meh on the Legendaries as a concept, as usual for PGI real money items they are far overpriced. as long as they stay mostly balanced i am fine with them. i'll ever buy one but that goes for every mech pack for me.

as for the next set i would rather see more little used mechs than any of the ones you see every match. (i'm looking at the Direwhale request above). i want to see as much variety on the field as possible.

legends are made available for mc a few months after release. you dont get the battlepass but you can get the variant for free, you just have to stack up your event mc. i do think there should however be more ways to grind mc in normal games. at least up the chance to get mc in supply caches, in all tiers.

i find the legends to be an excellent value based on the mc you get alone, if you were going to buy the second tier mc package, you can get the legend and get the same amount of mc. also 2 weeks of banked premium time and a mech bay. $15, i spend more than that on beer and weed.

#7 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,449 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:03 PM

Some games gives a very small reward for playing the first XX game each day (eg: StarTrek Online).

In MWO equivalence:
+1 MC for playing the 1st game each day.
And a further +4 MC for playing the 2nd game each day.

So a total of +5 MC for playing 2 games each day.

Keeps MWO mindshare in a gamer's mind; they would think of MWO each day.
Which is half the marketing battle for online games ;)

#8 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,113 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:11 PM

been playing long enough that i am sitting on 15k MC. i only have one of the Legendaries for MC (the Cyclops one) and i never use it. none of them really interest me to be honest.

the idea of giving out a few daily MC is a good one especially for new players who need every bit they can get so they can get their first few mechbays. then again you can get more than enough for a 3 pack just from the odd loot bag event. though we need to bring in more new players for such to work and without advertising that isn't going to happen.

#9 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,655 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:39 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 11 May 2024 - 06:11 PM, said:

been playing long enough that i am sitting on 15k MC. i only have one of the Legendaries for MC (the Cyclops one) and i never use it. none of them really interest me to be honest.

the idea of giving out a few daily MC is a good one especially for new players who need every bit they can get so they can get their first few mechbays. then again you can get more than enough for a 3 pack just from the odd loot bag event. though we need to bring in more new players for such to work and without advertising that isn't going to happen.

I have 35,495 MC. =) But that's just me - I have things I can spend it on, I just try to focus on a smaller number of chassis rather than play a bunch of different 'mechs. And I'm an inveterate money hoarder.

#10 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:40 PM

i just blew half my cbills on stone rhinos.

#11 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,655 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:42 PM

They're fun! Have you met Stumbles?

#12 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:42 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 10 May 2024 - 11:14 PM, said:

Yeah the Dire is definitely a pretty good candidate, there's nothing else that would be really interesting to explore in the BT universe besides another Dire variant. It would really bring some variety to the 100 tonne clan range.
mad dog with jumpjets. to mirror the catapult in a way.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 06:55 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 11 May 2024 - 06:42 PM, said:

They're fun! Have you met Stumbles?

nah, i used pac8s.

#14 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,655 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 May 2024 - 07:05 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 May 2024 - 06:55 PM, said:

nah, i used pac8s.

I guess if you want to be faster... But Stumbles has about 150% of a PAC8 build's dps, at slightly higher alpha - you should give it a whilrl. Just... take speed tweak. The linked build is also an experimental iteration testing whether I want to drop engine for a Jump Jet. My Original Stumbles was a bit faster.

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 07:42 PM

150% theoretical assuming nothing jams.

#16 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,655 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 May 2024 - 08:10 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 May 2024 - 07:42 PM, said:

Those aren't ultras.

#17 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 12 May 2024 - 02:56 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 May 2024 - 07:42 PM, said:

C-Ac's don't jam they are solid slug LBX

#18 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,840 posts

Posted 12 May 2024 - 04:58 AM

yea i didnt notice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic