55 replies to this topic

#41 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,909 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 08 April 2024 - 08:09 PM

I only use the IS erppc on the com 2d as a harasser and this will be a very nice change. With velocity nodes its going to be almost a hitscan weapon at close to mid range.

As to narcs I think they should be viable only on a handful of dedicated mechs like the raven etc and heavily buffed on them but make base narc only meh at best.

#42 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 02:36 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 08 April 2024 - 08:09 PM, said:

I only use the IS erppc on the com 2d as a harasser and this will be a very nice change. With velocity nodes its going to be almost a hitscan weapon at close to mid range.

It's an excellent weapon on the Thunderbolt 9S as well courtesy of the quirks and mounts that machine has.

#43 JoeMojoJones

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 04:35 AM

Clan ERPPC change is going to bring those annoying PPC Shadow Cats back into play more often. Bad tweak not needed at all.

Beam Laser tweaks are collectively too much. Will be easier to boat them now. It's going to be stupid until the Cauldron decides to listen to the community and nerf them.

#44 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 09 April 2024 - 06:22 AM

View PostJoeMojoJones, on 09 April 2024 - 04:35 AM, said:

Clan ERPPC change is going to bring those annoying PPC Shadow Cats back into play more often. Bad tweak not needed at all.

It's the IS ERPPC, not Clan.

#45 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2024 - 07:48 PM

Very nice changes!

I guess is-ERppc velocity changes are there to de-sync the new SB-Gauss + ER-PPC builds?

I would love to have all ppc have additional splash dmg.
I had suggested that already years ago, but i think now it shows how its workin on the clan side.
With the high tonnage and heat on is side, more splash would make ppc and hppc more competitive.

E.g.
ERPPC no splash, medium direct, high heat, high range, high velocity - check: sniper
SNPPC high splash, medium direct, low heat but short range - check: brawler
PPC no splash? Medium direct, medium? heat (lower), medium velocity (lower), medium range - todo: efficient role?
HPPC no splash (should be added?), high direct, high heat, high cd, medium velocity, - todo: dmg advantage
LPPC no splash (or is it?), half ppc stats, but same if 2x used, faster cd - check: cooldown role

CERPPC high splash, high direct, high range, high velocity, high heat, - check:allrounder + sniper
Plasma low splash, medium direct, medium range, high velocity, medium heat now, - check/todo: lightweight / heater role?

I think to compare LPPC, PPC and HPPC, the HPPC and PPC should do more dmg by adding splash (to not buff ppfld ) but so that HPPC is more potent but the PPC is most efficient in terms of dmg per heat, while HPPC has best dmg per ton.

That would differenciate the currently under-used PPC and HPPC to the ERPPC and LPPC.

this was my suggestion back then in 2016/2017 already (see my signature)

Edited by Reno Blade, 10 April 2024 - 08:55 PM.

#46 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 10:34 PM

View PostQuicksilver Aberration, on 04 April 2024 - 01:57 PM, said:

I mean the client doesn't need to be 100% accurate since it isn't authoritative. Ideally yes client sides match up as much as possible but :shrug: there is a limit with what you can do given the time sensitive nature of those packets anyway. With HSR though it's still a lot better than the MW4 days where people complained about NDB (no-damage bug) because they hit the mech on their screen but did no damage and don't understand that what the server sees is what matters and they have to account for that latency.

Just remember "back in my day" we played over copper lines, and anything farther than 10 or 20 miles away that ping started to get insane. 100 miles away might as well forget about it.

Now we complain about 300 pin all the way across the world.Posted Image

#47 BLXKNTRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 06:30 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 04 April 2024 - 11:30 AM, said:

I can't help but notice they forgot to buff the Black Knight again.

Cauldron, fix this immediately.

The Black Knight needs buffed or rescaled. As is, its too big. So give it some anti crit quirks.

With this update on the ppc velocity, laser boats are in a bad spot. Peaking at 400-500 meters= do less than optimal damage while getting pelted from 1000 meters.

I dont get it. Buff the black knight. Its obvious.

#48 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 14 April 2024 - 07:10 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 04 April 2024 - 11:30 AM, said:

I can't help but notice they forgot to buff the Black Knight again.

Cauldron, fix this immediately.

The Black Knight? The Huginn got wohooo Mag amm quirk. As if this would save that mech...

Edited by Weeny Machine, 14 April 2024 - 07:11 AM.

#49 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 08:20 AM

View PostMoadebe, on 04 April 2024 - 06:56 AM, said:

Yeah completely unsure. This is just what was posted.

Moadebe: Regarding "What was posted" I attempted to look at the patch leak post you put up this morning but instead of seeing the text for the information what I see is a series of "Posted Image" lines. When I looked to see what happened in the log I found that for each of these there was a "404 Not Found" error. Another person I spoke with while troubleshooting suggested cdn.discordapp.com site may have cut off access to or dumped the images you referenced. Please in the future can these things be put up in a place where they do not disappear so quickly so that people who access them later can still see the entire posts?

I greatly appreciate your work putting up these posts and felt you might want to be aware that this is occurring.
Note that people who access that post may still see the info if their browser previously cached the images on a prior access.

Best Regards,

Edited by MegaBopper, 18 April 2024 - 08:31 AM.

#50 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 09:08 AM

View PostMegaBopper, on 18 April 2024 - 08:20 AM, said:

Moadebe: Regarding "What was posted" I attempted to look at the patch leak post you put up this morning but instead of seeing the text for the information what I see is a series of "Posted Image" lines. When I looked to see what happened in the log I found that for each of these there was a "404 Not Found" error. Another person I spoke with while troubleshooting suggested cdn.discordapp.com site may have cut off access to or dumped the images you referenced. Please in the future can these things be put up in a place where they do not disappear so quickly so that people who access them later can still see the entire posts?

I greatly appreciate your work putting up these posts and felt you might want to be aware that this is occurring.
Note that people who access that post may still see the info if their browser previously cached the images on a prior access.

Best Regards,

I indeed was not aware of this issue. I will see what I can do about that. Sorry about that.

I know when it was posted the links were fine. So I am unsure if its something to do with the post being pinned and locked or something else.

Thanks for pointing it out

edit: I do see one image showing but not others. Which is puzzling.

I also cant change or edit the post since it is locked. Next time I do this I will try a different method to link these images and monitor it.

Edited by Moadebe, 18 April 2024 - 09:26 AM.

#51 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 09:15 PM

The broken links should be correct now.

April 2024 Patch Leaks

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 18 April 2024 - 09:15 PM.

#52 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 04:31 PM

View PostEkson Valdez, on 18 April 2024 - 09:15 PM, said:

The broken links should be correct now.

April 2024 Patch Leaks

What broke them? Was it the move to locked or pinned? Just asking for future posts. (and it might benefit others to know...if indeed it is something we can prevent.)

#53 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 04:58 AM

View Postkalashnikity, on 12 April 2024 - 10:34 PM, said:

Just remember "back in my day" we played over copper lines, and anything farther than 10 or 20 miles away that ping started to get insane. 100 miles away might as well forget about it.

Now we complain about 300 pin all the way across the world.Posted Image

Yea, but back in those days we were happy we got to play multiplayer at all, games were different, we weren't spoiled, 300ms was the norm and everyone was enjoying it. The game is unplayable at 300ms, I don't know how people are willing to put up with high ping like that.

I've been gaming with decent pings for decades now, I'd rather stop playing then go high ping. Its just not fun when the game doesn't respond to inputs. Even 100 > is just too slow.

#54 Vincefeld

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 05:42 PM

So PPC velocity buff really went through? Someone sad and bad in council still can't hit mediums across half the map?
Have your sniperfest, im only joining to farm event and read next patchnotes while playing something else.

#55 foamyesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 737 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 11:38 PM

View PostMoadebe, on 19 April 2024 - 04:31 PM, said:

What broke them? Was it the move to locked or pinned? Just asking for future posts. (and it might benefit others to know...if indeed it is something we can prevent.)

It's almost certainly Discord timing them out. They don't want to be an imagehost.

#56 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 03:15 PM

View PostVincefeld, on 21 April 2024 - 05:42 PM, said:

So PPC velocity buff really went through? Someone sad and bad in council still can't hit mediums across half the map?
Have your sniperfest, im only joining to farm event and read next patchnotes while playing something else.

Sure, the bads can better hit the mediums...

But why would they be doing it for themselves?

If they were truly bad at the game, then what are you?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users