Ams Craziness?

Question

7 replies to this topic

#1 WraithGear

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 04:21 PM

So i just got to ask is this a thing or am i going crazy?

I have an admittedly meme mech. A BAS-PRIME sporting LRM 105 and two tag lasers. with 8 tons of LRM ammo.

So the match just starts and and the lights are just at the 900 M range i get lock and fire. i see AMS lasers from either me or behind me. i do not have AMS and only my team is behind me. i am trying alpha striking to sneak some missiles out but with 105 missles they are immediately shot down the second i fire them from my mech. I try to leave my team to fire, and they are still shot down as i fire them. i see red lines coming from allies, and from me. eventually i run out of ammo and we win the match. me with 7 assists, and 0 damage.

so what happened?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 14 April 2024 - 05:31 PM

I've not seen that happen. I'll drop in missile mechs tonight and check.

But are we sure its not...

https://youtu.be/C-7...zBKtNoItD-hN_QX

#3 WraithGear

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2024 - 07:03 PM

eh, light mechs are fast but not THAT fast. that and i had my team surrounding me. i do wonder how many AMS modules would be required to shut down a 105 lrms Alpha Strike. that's 7 LRM 15. Who knows, but it would also have to be stealth armor to get that close and not show up on radar, but to not show up on seismic? very weird.

Edited by WraithGear, 14 April 2024 - 07:07 PM.

#4 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 04:18 AM

if u are able using shadowplay etc. to record the match helps a lot to indentify the issue. Game ID and an report to pgi might help, if u come acorss again.

#5 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 April 2024 - 08:28 AM

That's incredibly odd. Not only is AMS not coded to attack friendly volleys, there is no way actual ams would shoot down all 105 of your missiles before any of them got out of range. It seems like the game decided that everyone had laser AMS, and that they were all in range of everywhere.

Definitely monitor for future recurrence, and be sure to record the match ID even if you don't have any video. Screen cap the player roster, and send everything you have to support. Because it seems to me that there's a lot of things that have to go wrong for the game to do this as a glitch - but it's exactly what some scrub script kiddie who hates LRMs might do to punish LRM boats for playing.

#6 Fnord Asteroid

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationThe River

Posted 15 April 2024 - 10:47 AM

is cheating a thing in MWO?
i thought it was almost impossible to cheat here...

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 11:01 AM

View PostFnord Asteroid, on 15 April 2024 - 10:47 AM, said:

is cheating a thing in MWO?
i thought it was almost impossible to cheat here...
It is possible to cheat in MWO.

But in my opinion, cheating is much less common than some people think.

#8 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,995 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 April 2024 - 05:50 PM

We know cheating happens, because PGI has banned people for it. But it's not common enough to see clear instances of it all the time. Sometimes, people really do just headshot you with heavy PPCs.

There's not enough of a market for cheat software aimed at MWO, and a lot of stuff is server authoritative, too. So I really doubt the veracity of the opinion that there's tons of cheaters, and that's why all the top players hit what they aim at so much...

Edited by Void Angel, 15 April 2024 - 05:51 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users