Rediculous Nascar Is Back.

41 replies to this topic

#1 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 01:21 AM

Last several weeks it's gotten out of hand. I was just forced to follow the tail on Mining Collective, in an Atlas, getting shot in the back the whole time, we just did 4 laps.

#2 MarcinT1981

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 April 2024 - 01:40 AM

View Postkalashnikity, on 17 April 2024 - 01:21 AM, said:

we just did 4 laps.

Posted Image

#3 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 02:05 AM

View PostMarcinT1981, on 17 April 2024 - 01:40 AM, said:

https://gifbin.com/bin/032010/1268393851_nascar_crash.gif
That's exactly how it ended.

#4 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 03:19 AM

Very next Mining collective I called to wait until everyone got there before rotating, sure enough they waited until I ALMOST got to the ramp and already getting shot in the back by lights,... ok, that's fine... then most of the team bolted for a wide NASCAR, all the way straight to the back wall where a single Urbie was pop tarting, while leaving me to die in a swarm of lights, getting shot from 4 directions while they killed a single urbie.

Obviously our team lost badly.

Over and over again, even when multiple people are asking everybody to not NASCAR.

#5 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 03:34 AM

FWIW I'm not the only one noticing in game, I've heard multiple people complaining recently that it has been getting bad.

#6 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 04:04 AM

In QP it is generally a good guess NOT to use 48kp/h max-speed assaults, but faster or at least JJ-capable mid-range heavies allowing for positional adaptation to some extent. Otherwise there ain't no way to force your other 11 teammates into not hard-racing while hard-steering right/left. Personally not confronted with nascar too often, but we're calling opfor-positions and/or path or movements a lot.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 17 April 2024 - 04:04 AM.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,829 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 04:21 AM

Actually, it seems to me that nascaring is less common than it used to be - at least in my games.

Another reason could be that usually I vote for the maps that make nascaring quite difficult - for example Hellebore Outpost.

#8 Lincoln Cross

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 05:55 AM

What do y'all mean by NASCAR in terms of this game?

#9 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 175 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 17 April 2024 - 06:07 AM

Whole blue team goes right and whole red team goes also right, who makes more circles around map wins. Posted Image

#10 Lincoln Cross

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 06:22 AM

View Posttorsie, on 17 April 2024 - 06:07 AM, said:

Whole blue team goes right and whole red team goes also right, who makes more circles around map wins. Posted Image

Oh ok. Got it lol.

#11 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 08:20 AM

Part of the problem with mining collective is the spawn points. Dropping a slow assault in that far left drop point and having the whole team start that rotation is a death sentence. Same could be said for that right drop point as well if everyone goes left.

The spawn points REALLY need to be more centered on that middle drop point and let people go whichever direction after that.

HOWEVER. Everytime its brought up....BUT MUH COMP....there is nothing wrong with it! There is a problem with it in QP. Mining could be so much better if it was tweaked just a little bit. Drop ship positions tighter together, and the "stand here and shoot things without moving" edges need to be addressed.

#12 Phantom Grizzly

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 08:41 AM

Nascar Warrior Online. Sick to death of seeing pugs rotate away from their assaults and slow heavies. Even when you call it out, it does not slow them down. You're basically stuck with changing your 'mech to something that runs 72kph or faster, or being that ****** that sits out in the middle of nowhere sniping or LRMing.

Not an ideal situation any way you slice it.

"I don't have to outrun the nascar, I just have to outrun you." -Some pug, probably.

If it keeps going this direction, I'm just gonna have to shut off all in-game chat and put on my best PRIMO impression.

Edited by AttilaThePun, 17 April 2024 - 09:00 AM.

#13 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 09:38 AM

View PostAttilaThePun, on 17 April 2024 - 08:41 AM, said:

Nascar Warrior Online. Sick to death of seeing pugs rotate away from their assaults and slow heavies. Even when you call it out, it does not slow them down. You're basically stuck with changing your 'mech to something that runs 72kph or faster, or being that ****** that sits out in the middle of nowhere sniping or LRMing.

Not an ideal situation any way you slice it.

"I don't have to outrun the nascar, I just have to outrun you." -Some pug, probably.

If it keeps going this direction, I'm just gonna have to shut off all in-game chat and put on my best PRIMO impression.

The lights are honestly ok at moving around and flanking. THEY SHOULD BE. Scouting, harassing, objective pressure, and dislodging long range SHOULD be their strong points and what they should be doing.

Heavies, Assaults, and to a lesser extent slow mediums/lights should be working together.

I find most people see light mechs trying to flank and feel they have to too. They dont.

#14 Phantom Grizzly

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 09:51 AM

View PostMoadebe, on 17 April 2024 - 09:38 AM, said:

The lights are honestly ok at moving around and flanking. THEY SHOULD BE. Scouting, harassing, objective pressure, and dislodging long range SHOULD be their strong points and what they should be doing.

Heavies, Assaults, and to a lesser extent slow mediums/lights should be working together.

I find most people see light mechs trying to flank and feel they have to too. They dont.

Yes, that is exactly what should be happening. Yet the opposite happens, despite input/callouts. I've gotten to a point where I don't even bother saying anything because pugs have proven they're going to do what they're going to do.

If your team is non-responsive, then the best you can really do is enjoy the free pug armor and do your damage and kills.

#15 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 10:10 AM

View PostAttilaThePun, on 17 April 2024 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yes, that is exactly what should be happening. Yet the opposite happens, despite input/callouts. I've gotten to a point where I don't even bother saying anything because pugs have proven they're going to do what they're going to do.

If your team is non-responsive, then the best you can really do is enjoy the free pug armor and do your damage and kills.

Something to consider is many people dont have comms even on due to various reasons. Then if stated in chat some balk and the "dont tell me how to play" comes out.

I know this is a large generalization, but it happens. More often then naught.

I could go into many reasons why this even exists, but thats just pointing at a problem that there is no real answer to. It sadly is the nature of the beast right now.

#16 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 10:19 AM

Doesn't work there's some edgy player with lrms who going to collect the damage scores.

Even if they do no more damage than a machinegun.

#17 Vincefeld

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 11:39 AM

Just don't run in anything that goes slower than ~60kph

#18 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,763 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 17 April 2024 - 01:45 PM

My doctor says I need to do more cardio. Posted Image
Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#19 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 01:58 PM

View Postkalashnikity, on 17 April 2024 - 01:21 AM, said:

we just did 4 laps.

That's like standard game during EU time on mining collective. It's more surprising when it goes more than 5-6laps.

#20 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 03:45 PM

View PostLincoln Cross, on 17 April 2024 - 05:55 AM, said:

What do y'all mean by NASCAR in terms of this game?

Standard dogfight tactics, circle of death, it can cause issues in this game, because of the dramatic speed differences between different mechs. Slow mech get left behind in the circle, you end up with two teams chasing each other in a circle, with the slowest mechs getting picked off one by one in the rear as the two teams circle around the middle.

If you are slow and in the back you can't stop or the enemy lights will swarm you and kill you immediately, but you can't catch up either, so you die.

Like two dogs circling each other. It's a valid tactic, but it only works if everyone is the same speed and/or you don't leave your slow people behind SELFISHLY.

View Posttorsie, on 17 April 2024 - 06:07 AM, said:

I managed to circle mining collective 4 times in my atlas trying to catch up (at that point I was just at the top middle), we lost. Then I went and puked...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users