Jump to content

Black Hawk-Ku Mech Pack And Challenges


76 replies to this topic

#21 ironlegion60

    Member

  • Pip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 06:26 PM

How goes the black Hawk?

#22 Will9761

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 06:45 PM

IS Omnis are not that bad. They are certainly not the monsters that people made them out to be. But it does take some time to get used to. As long as you treat them like support units and opportune kill stealers instead of playing them like "Rambo", you'll be fine.
Posted Image

#23 Nunspa

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shujin
  • 237 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMiami

Posted 23 April 2024 - 06:53 PM

has anyone else picked up the package and not have the mechs show up in your mech bays?

#24 HassonAssassin

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 08:21 PM

So far this 'mech is a solid performer. If you focus on one weapon type and follow the quirks, you will be very surprised by the results.

Light A/C's are excellent when balanced and skilled out.

#25 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,243 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 08:50 PM

View PostNoishkel Hauptman, on 23 April 2024 - 01:42 PM, said:

I heard some chatter on a live stream (can't recall where) that there was some consideration about making this mech immune to destruction when you loose a side torso. Is this the case, or was it just wishful thinking on who said it.
You can read the info here:

View PostTiy0s, on 16 April 2024 - 08:30 AM, said:

There were a few ideas internally on how to deal with the Black Hawk-KU having a locked XL, like many other IS Omnimechs. The cleanest solution in the end was to just give hefty survival quirks to the side torsos. We didn’t want to give it a unique engine type or make it like a clan XL since a change like that would have to be uniformly applied to any IS Omnimechs if we add more down the road, and that felt like a slippery slope when some are more susceptible to being XL checked than others.

I’m pretty confident the total health the BHKU will have in the STs will help compensate for the forced XL, but also keep in mind that this is also our first IS Omnimech. We may not get it right on the first try, but if the BHKU is lacking we’ll certainly buff it as soon as we can. My hope is that this goes well enough that we can look at more IS Omnis in the future.



View PostNunspa, on 23 April 2024 - 06:53 PM, said:

has anyone else picked up the package and not have the mechs show up in your mech bays?
Sometimes your 'Mech arrives after one hour or so.

#26 Gas Guzzler

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 April 2024 - 09:00 PM

Let all those who doubted IS omnis rue this day!

Honestly only had a limited amount of time to mess with it. All of my initial builds play great, though I may have to make additional sacrifices for more ammo on the AC20 2LPPC build, and probably the 2UAC5 build as well. Overall though, lots of fun. I can’t wait to tinker more this weekend.

#27 Cyrilis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 763 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 23 April 2024 - 11:43 PM

OK... Details... Can someone please post a Mechlab screenshot?

#28 Canis Black

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 04:36 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 23 April 2024 - 09:00 PM, said:

Let all those who doubted IS omnis rue this day!

Honestly only had a limited amount of time to mess with it. All of my initial builds play great, though I may have to make additional sacrifices for more ammo on the AC20 2LPPC build, and probably the 2UAC5 build as well. Overall though, lots of fun. I can’t wait to tinker more this weekend.


I might be a bit of an oddball, but so far I've only played the BHKU-O (five matches) and I've found the default load out to be a lot of fun myself. Runs a bit hot, but nowhere near as bad as the Nova.

#29 HassonAssassin

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 07:21 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 23 April 2024 - 11:43 PM, said:

OK... Details... Can someone please post a Mechlab screenshot?

Here is the Stock MechLab cap for the O and OX + Omnipods.Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by HassonAssassin, 24 April 2024 - 07:26 AM.


#30 Arkhangel

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:03 AM

View PostNoishkel Hauptman, on 23 April 2024 - 01:42 PM, said:

I heard some chatter on a live stream (can't recall where) that there was some consideration about making this mech immune to destruction when you loose a side torso. Is this the case, or was it just wishful thinking on who said it.

Wishful thinking.

You wanna pilot an Omni with a Clan XL, pilot a Clan Omni.

Edited by Arkhangel, 24 April 2024 - 09:06 AM.


#31 -Ramrod-

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 690 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:36 AM

View PostWill9761, on 23 April 2024 - 06:45 PM, said:

IS Omnis are not that bad. They are certainly not the monsters that people made them out to be. But it does take some time to get used to. As long as you treat them like support units and opportune kill stealers instead of playing them like "Rambo", you'll be fine.
Posted Image


I've had some solid games with it so far. I got 5 kills and 600+ damage the first game I played in it. Got another 5 kills a few games later. It's definitely a decent enough mech.

#32 Cyrilis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 763 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:18 AM

View PostHassonAssassin, on 24 April 2024 - 07:21 AM, said:

Here is the Stock MechLab cap for the O and OX + Omnipods.


Thanks!

#33 Haman Karn

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

Pretty fun, easy to pump out damage, BHKU-0XS 7ML+7ERSL

Edited by Haman Karn, 24 April 2024 - 01:42 PM.


#34 TercieI

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,152 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:11 AM

View PostNiceDad, on 23 April 2024 - 04:55 PM, said:

May I know does the standing & hanging cockpit items from the event has 5% c-bill bonus?

Thank you
Best Regards


Hanging yes, standing no. (a la Legends)

View PostHaman Karn, on 24 April 2024 - 10:25 AM, said:

Posted Image

Pretty fun, easy to pump out damage, BHKU-0 6ML+6ERSL


What are you doing with the rest of the tonnage?

Edited by TercieI, 24 April 2024 - 11:09 AM.


#35 Peter Prickler

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:12 AM

XL engine works like a normal IS XL engine

#36 MossySnake

    Rookie

  • Winged Reaper
  • Winged Reaper
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:40 PM

I kinda feel like this mech sucks, I've yet to break 200dmg in it before detonating. I try to peek, try to stay back and play support, but in this meta you just get popped once in the shoulder by a clan mech and you're done. XL engines are outright unusable rn, and I cannot get this damn thing to shave enough weight to put anything better than a popgun on it.

Either buff IS XLs or nerf clan long-range alphas because this is ridiculous. Kinda want my $20 back.

Edited by MossySnake, 24 April 2024 - 01:41 PM.


#37 Haman Karn

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:42 PM

View PostTercieI, on 24 April 2024 - 11:11 AM, said:


What are you doing with the rest of the tonnage?


I realised i put the wrong mech and i meant 7 of each laser Posted Image

BHKU-0XS
The .4 of a ton left over is annoying though

AXi0:5=1|Z<2pe0X[7|i^|i^qe0T[7|i^|i^rX0U[7|E@|E@|E@|E@|E@|E@|E@sX0Y[7|Y?|Y?|Y?|Y?|Y?|Y?|Y?th0V[7uh0W[7vB0Z[7|o<2w303030

#38 MossySnake

    Rookie

  • Winged Reaper
  • Winged Reaper
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 02:05 PM

View PostMossySnake, on 24 April 2024 - 01:40 PM, said:

I kinda feel like this mech sucks, I've yet to break 200dmg in it before detonating. I try to peek, try to stay back and play support, but in this meta you just get popped once in the shoulder by a clan mech and you're done. XL engines are outright unusable rn, and I cannot get this damn thing to shave enough weight to put anything better than a popgun on it.

Either buff IS XLs or nerf clan long-range alphas because this is ridiculous. Kinda want my $20 back.


What on earth are yall even doing lmao

I've been trying 2x LACs 2x LPPCs on the BHKU-O and I can't deal damage worth ****. I've tried stock config, but I die even faster because I'm forced to stare with the lasers.

What gives? What makes this thing work?

#39 w0qj

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 April 2024 - 02:14 PM

Guys, perhaps IS engine tech have just improved... mech does not get destroyed by 1x side torso destruction...

==>LE Engine: 1x side torso destruction: normal penalty (as before)
==>XL Engine: 1x side torso destruction: bigger penalty as above, but no mech death

What do you think about this?

(Someone else suggested this idea, but I cannot find the link and details to his original proposal...)

#40 Haman Karn

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 02:26 PM

View PostMossySnake, on 24 April 2024 - 02:05 PM, said:

What on earth are yall even doing lmao



I was having fun with 7ML + 7 ERSL on the BHKU-0XS

Either stick with bigger mechs, or use the agility and jump jets to get into nice positions. Hide behind cover, peek/poptart, full alpha of 61 damage into CT, hide. Hard to overheat since you can keep poking with the er-small lasers.
Its a low mech so can be hard to see and has very good jump jets.
When taking damage dont twist tooo much, just wiggle a bit.

2x Light AC5+1 LPPC with max cooldown was also fun. Destoyed a fresh Crael 1v1 the first game i tried it, ripped through its CT before any of my armour was orange.

Edited by Haman Karn, 24 April 2024 - 02:28 PM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users