Jump to content

Mw5 Mercs Patch Notes


24 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 05:01 PM



Greetings Mercenaries,

We have a patch deploying on May 1st at 10 AM PDT for MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries to improve Solaris Showdown content.
The majority of the fixes help improve the Arema Exhibition mode.

  • Fixed an issue with Kill counters not working correctly on Arena Exhibition Missions
  • Fixed an issue where Arena Expedition Matches spawned too many enemies
  • Fixed an issue where some Mechs Spawned underground in Arena Exhibition Matches
  • Fixed an issue in Arena Exhibition Mission where AI mechs would not move due to Nav Mesh
  • Fixed an issue where the "Attack My Target" Command would result in Lancemates not moving toward the target
We hope you enjoy these improvements to MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries - Solaris Showdown content.

The MechWarrior 5 Team




#2 CFC Conky

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 30 April 2024 - 05:16 PM

First!

#3 Captain Dictator

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 05:17 PM

Experienced some of these issues for the first time yesterday, glad to hear they are being fixed!

#4 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 09:02 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 April 2024 - 05:01 PM, said:

We have a patch deploying on May 1st at 10 AM PDT for MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries to improve Solaris Showdown content.
Thanks for the patch.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 April 2024 - 05:01 PM, said:

The MechWarrior 5 Team
Is MechWarrior 5: Clans going to be available on GOG.com?

#5 Agent Smith 02

    Rookie

  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 02:21 AM

Why at the site of MWO do I have to see patch notes of non-MWO, patchnotes of another game? It is annoying! It is called offtopic! Okay, I can understand if the budget is so small that all the news is dumped on one site, and there is not even money to make separate tabs for two different games. But I don’t understand why, in addition to the MWO site, news from another game is also displayed INSIDE the MWO game!
Mechwarior is not the first and not the last serial game or games array from one manufacturer. Why do players not see patches for Call of Duty Black Ops when they log into Call of Duty Vanguard? Why are there no patch notes written in Fallout 4 about Fallout 76? Because it's very, very, very, very stupid. Why. Why did you have to do that? Is this a stupid way to force players of one game to buy another? Like, “hey, look at the patch there! So? Are you buying MW5 now? No? Ok, then here is anothey patch! Woohoo! What an amazing patch notes we forced you to see for the game you are not interested in! Spamming patch notes not related to the game is the key to success!”

#6 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 02:36 AM

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 02:21 AM, said:

Why at the site of MWO do I have to see patch notes of non-MWO, patchnotes of another game? It is annoying! It is called offtopic! Okay, I can understand if the budget is so small that all the news is dumped on one site, and there is not even money to make separate tabs for two different games. But I don’t understand why, in addition to the MWO site, news from another game is also displayed INSIDE the MWO game!
Because both games are produced by the same company, share some game assets and take place in the same BattleTech universe.

A significant fraction of MechWarrior Online fans is also interested in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries / MechWarrior 5: Clans.

Do you understand it now?

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 02:21 AM, said:

Mechwarior is not the first and not the last serial game or games array from one manufacturer. Why do players not see patches for Call of Duty Black Ops when they log into Call of Duty Vanguard? Why are there no patch notes written in Fallout 4 about Fallout 76? Because it's very, very, very, very stupid. Why. Why did you have to do that? Is this a stupid way to force players of one game to buy another? Like, “hey, look at the patch there! So? Are you buying MW5 now? No? Ok, then here is anothey patch! Woohoo! What an amazing patch notes we forced you to see for the game you are not interested in! Spamming patch notes not related to the game is the key to success!”
If you are not interested in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries patch notes, then simply do not click on the link that says "Mw5 Mercs Patch Notes".

It is as simple as that.

See? I have solved your problem.

#7 Mighty Spike

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,593 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 01 May 2024 - 03:03 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 02:36 AM, said:

Because both games are produced by the same company, share some game assets and take place in the same BattleTech universe.

A significant fraction of MechWarrior Online fans is also interested in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries / MechWarrior 5: Clans.

Do you understand it now?

If you are not interested in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries patch notes, then simply do not click on the link that says "Mw5 Mercs Patch Notes".

It is as simple as that.

See? I have solved your problem.


^ this

#8 w0qj

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,480 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 May 2024 - 03:12 AM

> Fixed an issue where Arena Expedition Matches spawned too many enemies

Might be fun ;)

==>By the way, MW5 Team, one word was misspelled as "arema", should be "arena"


View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 April 2024 - 05:01 PM, said:

...

  • Fixed an issue where Arena Expedition Matches spawned too many enemies




#9 Agent Smith 02

    Rookie

  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 03:33 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 02:36 AM, said:


If you are not interested in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries patch notes, then simply do not click on the link that says "Mw5 Mercs Patch Notes".

It is as simple as that.

See? I have solved your problem.


Do you know why emails has a "mark as spam" button? Because it's not "It is as simple as that", "dont like dont read". Of course I don’t follow the link to MW5! I'm only interested in patches for MWO, and when I open the news inside the MWO game, I expect that they will be about this particular game, and I'm not only disappointed by fact I was misled into thinking that there is something new in my game, but in fact nothing, but also I'm disappointed when I spent time reading the headline about MW5, or just have to waste time skipping news to get to MWO news, and by the way, the title does not always indicate what game they are talking about! Sometimes they write about some event and you have to read almost everything in order to understand whether it relates to the MWO or not.

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 02:36 AM, said:

See? I have solved your problem.

You solved nothing. And this is not only my problem, but also problem of the developers if they want a “user friendly interface” in their game. I need at least a checkbox “show only MWO news” inside the game!

Edited by Agent Smith 02, 01 May 2024 - 03:38 AM.


#10 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 04:11 AM

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 03:33 AM, said:

Do you know why emails has a "mark as spam" button? Because it's not "It is as simple as that", "dont like dont read". Of course I don’t follow the link to MW5! I'm only interested in patches for MWO, and when I open the news inside the MWO game, I expect that they will be about this particular game, and I'm not only disappointed by fact I was misled into thinking that there is something new in my game, but in fact nothing, but also I'm disappointed when I spent time reading the headline about MW5, or just have to waste time skipping news to get to MWO news, and by the way, the title does not always indicate what game they are talking about! Sometimes they write about some event and you have to read almost everything in order to understand whether it relates to the MWO or not.
We are not talking about some e-mail spam messages.

It was your personal and free decision to sign yourself to receive these news.

But thanks anyway. Your "I'm disappointed when I spent time reading the headline about MW5, or just have to waste time skipping news to get to MWO news" really amused me. The headline has four words in it. LOL

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 03:33 AM, said:

You solved nothing. And this is not only my problem, but also problem of the developers if they want a “user friendly interface” in their game. I need at least a checkbox “show only MWO news” inside the game!
The user interface is as simple and friendly as you can get: If you do not wish to receive those messages, then it is just a matter of two mouse clicks to take care about it.

#11 Agent Smith 02

    Rookie

  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 05:56 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 04:11 AM, said:

We are not talking about some e-mail spam messages.

Email anti-spam solution is the perfect analogy. The source of my dissatisfaction is the same as that of the person who marks a letter as spam in his email. But this game has no option to hide all MW5 news, as email service would offer.

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 04:11 AM, said:

It was your personal and free decision to sign yourself to receive these news.

This is a lie. I did not sign to MW5 news in the MWO game.

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 04:11 AM, said:

The user interface is as simple and friendly as you can get: If you do not wish to receive those messages, then it is just a matter of two mouse clicks to take care about it.

This is a lie. I have to make 2 clicks, again, again, again and again, endlessly for each MW5 news

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 04:11 AM, said:

The headline has four words in it. LOL

For modern user-friendly interface standards, 4 extra words or 2 clicks is too much. Again, an example with a spam folder in an e-mail. It seems to me that even 10 years ago the conventional extra “2 clicks and 4 words” was too much if it was a good interface, because even then people came up with spam folders where all the uninteresting information went.

Do you have a wardrobe? Do you store fruit, a vacuum cleaner, pots, knives, a hammer, toothpaste there? You can just do “two waves of your hand and throw away the banana if you need a jacket and not a banana, LOL if you are not too lazy and picky”, over and over, and over. Why do you want me to follow a life principle that you yourself don’t want to follow? Yes, this time you are happy with MW5 and MWO in one “wardrobe”, but what if there was a game that wasn’t interesting to you? You'll probably say again: "we're not talking about the wardrobe." Do you know what I would say if I wanted to make a counterargument as pointless as yours?

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 04:11 AM, said:

a matter of two mouse clicks

Something like this: “we’re not talking about mouse clicks, we’re talking about news”. We are talking about everything that, from a point of view of a common sense, fits the topic of conversation. Patch notes from another game, the mentioned wardrobe, email spam are united by the theme of ORDER, are analogies and are used by me as arguments. Your "mouse clicks" are connected to news as a solution to skip them, which you see as acceptable

#12 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 06:21 AM

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 05:56 AM, said:

Email anti-spam solution is the perfect analogy. The source of my dissatisfaction is the same as that of the person who marks a letter as spam in his email. But this game has no option to hide all MW5 news, as email service would offer.
You can hardly avoid having your Inbox spammed by unwanted messages from addresses that you have never heard about.

Here you can unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter literally any time you wish.

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 05:56 AM, said:

This is a lie. I did not sign to MW5 news in the MWO game.
You have signed personally and freely to receive the MWO Newsletter and MW5 news are a part of it. You can unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter any time you wish.

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 05:56 AM, said:

This is a lie. I have to make 2 clicks, again, again, again and again, endlessly for each MW5 news
I was talking about unsubscribing. You can unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter any time you wish, once for all.

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 05:56 AM, said:

For modern user-friendly interface standards, 4 extra words or 2 clicks is too much. Again, an example with a spam folder in an e-mail. It seems to me that even 10 years ago the conventional extra “2 clicks and 4 words” was too much if it was a good interface, because even then people came up with spam folders where all the uninteresting information went.

Do you have a wardrobe? Do you store fruit, a vacuum cleaner, pots, knives, a hammer, toothpaste there? You can just do “two waves of your hand and throw away the banana if you need a jacket and not a banana, LOL if you are not too lazy and picky”, over and over, and over. Why do you want me to follow a life principle that you yourself don’t want to follow? Yes, this time you are happy with MW5 and MWO in one “wardrobe”, but what if there was a game that wasn’t interesting to you? You'll probably say again: "we're not talking about the wardrobe." Do you know what I would say if I wanted to make a counterargument as pointless as yours?

Something like this: “we’re not talking about mouse clicks, we’re talking about news”. We are talking about everything that, from a point of view of a common sense, fits the topic of conversation. Patch notes from another game, the mentioned wardrobe, email spam are united by the theme of ORDER, are analogies and are used by me as arguments. Your "mouse clicks" are connected to news as a solution to skip them, which you see as acceptable
You have signed to receive the MWO Newsletter and MW5 news are a part of it. You can unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter any time you wish. If you do that, I think that you will be much happier.

On the second thought, you are going to see MW5 news in the game client anyway, so I guess you will be back with further complaints.

#13 Agent Smith 02

    Rookie

  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 07:44 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 06:21 AM, said:

You have signed


Man, you're mad, there are no buttons to subscribe to news, nor unsubscribe, neither for MWO, nor for MW5, nor for both at once. As I understand it, you are just toxically suggesting me to delete the game, since I am not satisfied with something in the interface and have suggestions for improvement.

Even if it were possible to refuse only both news at once, it is complete nonsense to offer me this, because I need MWO news, which obvious since I started this conversation at all. And to be more precise, there is no “newsletter”, there is a tab with game news, similar to which required for the convenience of every game since the advent of Steam, but only one separate tab for news about only one separate game. So not only MWs dont have “newsletters,” but most games don’t either, since information about changes in the game has become integral content of the game.

It seems that if I continue to communicate with you, you will repeat one word instead of one stupid sentence, and then reduce it to one repeated letter

#14 martian

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 08:01 AM

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 07:44 AM, said:

Man, you're mad, there are no buttons to subscribe to news, nor unsubscribe, neither for MWO, nor for MW5, nor for both at once. As I understand it, you are just toxically suggesting me to delete the game, since I am not satisfied with something in the interface and have suggestions for improvement.

Even if it were possible to refuse only both news at once, it is complete nonsense to offer me this, because I need MWO news, which obvious since I started this conversation at all. And to be more precise, there is no “newsletter”, there is a tab with game news, similar to which required for the convenience of every game since the advent of Steam, but only one separate tab for news about only one separate game. So not only MWs dont have “newsletters,” but most games don’t either, since information about changes in the game has become integral content of the game.

It seems that if I continue to communicate with you, you will repeat one word instead of one stupid sentence, and then reduce it to one repeated letter
I wonder if this screenshot could tell you something:

Posted Image

#15 Agent Smith 02

    Rookie

  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 09:05 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 08:01 AM, said:

I wonder if this screenshot could tell you something:

Posted Image


Yes, it tells. It tells that your statement repeated 10 times

View Postmartian, on 01 May 2024 - 06:21 AM, said:

You have signed personally

is as stupid as it was before sending this screenshot. Because I didn’t even know about existence of this page, and the checkboxes are not marked there (I checked this page now) and, accordingly, as I said, I DID NOT SIGN anything, I did not receive any newsletters, I have never complained about email newsletters (I logically justifiably assumed that this is how you started calling my complaint about news inside the game, or on the MWO website) about MWs, but, as I said, I used the tab INSIDE the game, and there are no ways INSIDE the game (application) to subscribe or unsubscribe, the tab containing both MWO and MW5 news just exists, and there is no source of MWO news without MW5 news.

View PostAgent Smith 02, on 01 May 2024 - 02:21 AM, said:

But I don’t understand why, in addition to the MWO site, news from another game is also displayed INSIDE the MWO game!”

Edited by Agent Smith 02, 01 May 2024 - 09:08 AM.


#16 Voice of Kerensky

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 May 2024 - 06:45 PM

Bots (especially enemies) have a very poor ability to navigate the map if they land on difficult terrain. It often happens that once they find themselves in some canyon, they simply cannot find a way out of it. This applies to both mechs and ground vehicle.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 01 May 2024 - 06:45 PM.


#17 Lobster in Leggins

    Member

  • Pip
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2024 - 07:13 AM

so this is called improvements lately oO?

#18 Lobster in Leggins

    Member

  • Pip
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2024 - 07:21 AM

P.S.

really guys... get a life, or something with value to worry about xD

#19 Amsro

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,396 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 02 May 2024 - 08:48 AM

Not sure if it's just my computer, but my Update on Steam is saying it can't install due to space, but there is over 50G left on the SSD for the 260.22MB download.

#20 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 02 May 2024 - 08:46 PM

View PostAmsro, on 02 May 2024 - 08:48 AM, said:

Not sure if it's just my computer, but my Update on Steam is saying it can't install due to space, but there is over 50G left on the SSD for the 260.22MB download.

It needs about 60G to decompress and update the game files.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users