Posted 05 May 2024 - 03:52 PM

Clan.....Posted Image ....Wolverine!

#122 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 69 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 05 May 2024 - 08:14 PM

Lastly... Who else LOVES it when yer team has 7 Light Mechs, and the Enemy has 6 Assaults? Fantastic Balancing eh? Oh yes... Not infuriating at all... Why Balance a Game when ye can make more and more Legendary Abominations instead... Ah well...

#123 snek

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 05 May 2024 - 09:13 PM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 05 May 2024 - 08:10 PM, said:

[Redacted]

[Redacted]
Grammar critiques aside, who cares? I, for one, am ecstatic we're getting new content in a game as niche as this, regardless of its connection to Battletech lore (or lack thereof). The devs have limited time and resources to work with, so it's beyond my understanding how we're getting anything at all. Tiyos is magic, I guess.

#124 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 May 2024 - 09:25 PM

now this Im interested in. shame it wasnt an actual new chassis, like you know , conjurer, thug, templar, etc, but the bullshark is a cool mech so still a nice surprise.

#125 Tiy0s

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEdo, Turtle Bay

Posted 05 May 2024 - 09:34 PM

The Bullshark isn't an actual new chassis? I'm not following

#126 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 05 May 2024 - 09:43 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 05 May 2024 - 09:34 PM, said:

Well, personally I would count is as newer than "conjurer, thug, templar". Posted Image

#127 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 05 May 2024 - 11:02 PM

View PostWill9761, on 04 May 2024 - 10:00 PM, said:

As a backer of HBS BattleTech and buyer of their DLC's, I'm glad that the Bullshark is in. For me though, there are 4 OmniMech Assaults (2 Clan and IS) I wanna see in MWO:

Inners Sphere Side:
Sunder - A Mechwarrior 3 and 4 Classic and a beast in MWO despite the XL Engine.
Hauptmann - A Mechwarrior 4 Mercs classic, Espouses Steiner Pride with the shades and the laser cigar.
Clan Side:
Turkina - Jade Falcon morale booster and adds a companion to the Executioner in the 95-ton clan slot.
Kingfisher - First Clan Omni that has an STD Engine.
i'd prefer the woodsman for a STD engine omni. though combining the King fisher with the woodsman and another early design omni would make a nice "ancients" pack or some name like that.

Edited by KursedVixen, 05 May 2024 - 11:04 PM.

#128 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 05 May 2024 - 11:40 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 05 May 2024 - 09:34 PM, said:

I think he was saying it's a completely new design and not a new chassis in MWO from lore.

Edited by KursedVixen, 05 May 2024 - 11:41 PM.

#129 Tiy0s

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEdo, Turtle Bay

Posted 06 May 2024 - 12:51 AM

Hmm. The way I see is that a mech is a mech and that's really it. I'm not too concerned if it came from a book 30 years ago, 15 years ago, or from another game in the universe from 6 years ago(holy crap. I had to look it up and yeah the game actually came out in 2018) They're all made up anyways, it's a video game/tabletop game/book series/tv show/movie one day? If it's a cool mech to add then it's a cool mech to add.

Bullshark? Cool mech to add. Stone Rhino? Cool mech to add. Sunspider, Corsair, or Roughneck? Also cool mechs, add em! The Templar is another cool mech to add I'd like some day. We're all contributing to the universe of Mechwarrior and I think one of the coolest parts of that is designing new mechs instead of just reusing the same ones that have been around for 20+ years(the tabletop game itself is about to hit its 40th anniversary if I recall correctly). The lore isn't some holy text we can never touch, everyone who has ever worked on a Mechwarrior product has contributed to it in some way.

Only mech I'll say no to is the Yeoman. Not a cool mech to add.

Edited by Tiy0s, 06 May 2024 - 12:52 AM.

#130 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 03:07 AM

View PostTiy0s, on 06 May 2024 - 12:51 AM, said:

Hmm. The way I see is that a mech is a mech and that's really it. I'm not too concerned if it came from a book 30 years ago, 15 years ago, or from another game in the universe from 6 years ago(holy crap. I had to look it up and yeah the game actually came out in 2018) They're all made up anyways, it's a video game/tabletop game/book series/tv show/movie one day? If it's a cool mech to add then it's a cool mech to add.

Bullshark? Cool mech to add. Stone Rhino? Cool mech to add. Sunspider, Corsair, or Roughneck? Also cool mechs, add em! The Templar is another cool mech to add I'd like some day. We're all contributing to the universe of Mechwarrior and I think one of the coolest parts of that is designing new mechs instead of just reusing the same ones that have been around for 20+ years(the tabletop game itself is about to hit its 40th anniversary if I recall correctly). The lore isn't some holy text we can never touch, everyone who has ever worked on a Mechwarrior product has contributed to it in some way.

Only mech I'll say no to is the Yeoman. Not a cool mech to add.
some people are hardcore lore fans... I'm kinda in that boat myself ,but I'm not sure if the bullshark is my cup of tea, will defintly give it a try when it's out for c-bills.

How would the yeoman be diffrent than the Long bow or catapult?

Edited by KursedVixen, 06 May 2024 - 03:27 AM.

#131 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 10:52 AM

Very glad to see this! Take my money!

The Bullshark was my favorite HBS Battletech mech and I always thought it would be great in MWO. It's just a wonderful design and I liked the little bit of HBS Battletech backstory, and the Thumper (although I get that we aren't getting that part). I'm also glad the rights aren't totally locked up with HBS and it can live on. Excellent choice IMO.

#132 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 10:55 AM

View PostOrmstarr the Splitter, on 03 May 2024 - 03:32 PM, said:

Whoa, this is my baby! Like, I designed and modeled this bad boy for the Heavy Metal expansion when I was at HBS, haha
Posted Image

I'm so pumped to see it here! I know our models work very differently, so big respect to whoever had to remodel this thing to make it MWO worthy.

Just chiming in to say that you did a amazing job on the original design. Really well done. I'm sad that we haven't seen an HBS Battletech 2 w/ more great ideas.

#133 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Chief
  • The Chief
  • 70 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 06 May 2024 - 01:52 PM

Thank you!!!Posted Image

#134 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 06 May 2024 - 02:58 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 06 May 2024 - 03:07 AM, said:

Only four missile slots is a weak for a 60-tonner, at least for qp imo unless it has good missile quirks.

MRM 80 with 6T ammo could probably work though, with a LFE250 engine (based on theory crafting on a Champion Invictus). A lot of mechs can already do that and besides, the Yeoman is fugly. Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 06 May 2024 - 03:20 PM.

#135 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 03:14 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 06 May 2024 - 02:58 PM, said:

Only four missile slots is pretty weak for a 60-tonner, at least for qp imo unless it has insane missile quirks.

MRM 80 with 6T ammo could probably work though, with an XL engine (based on theory crafting on a CPLT A-1 at 60 tons).

Good hunting,
CFC Conky
varients could be made that add ballstic or energy hardpoints. there's also thunderbotls and srms

Edited by KursedVixen, 06 May 2024 - 03:15 PM.

#136 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 06 May 2024 - 03:49 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 06 May 2024 - 03:14 PM, said:

varients could be made that add ballstic or energy hardpoints. there's also thunderbotls and srms

They certainly could, it would depend on how far from the lore they'd want to go. That said, I haven't seen anybody clamouring to include it in MWO.

As for other weapons, unless they add hard-points SRMS would be weak. Thunderbolts are pretty heavy for the damage they do, you could take, say, a -4 and a -3 (based on an XL250 with 6T ammo) for 35 damage per alpha. Doesn't sound all that dangerous.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 06 May 2024 - 04:00 PM.

#137 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 04:24 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 06 May 2024 - 03:49 PM, said:

They certainly could, it would depend on how far from the lore they'd want to go. That said, I haven't seen anybody clamouring to include it in MWO.

As for other weapons, unless they add hard-points SRMS would be weak. Thunderbolts are pretty heavy for the damage they do, you could take, say, a -4 and a -3 (based on an XL250 with 6T ammo) for 35 damage per alpha. Doesn't sound all that dangerous.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky
LOre? we're far beyond lore in this game clan mechs have no where near the power they do in tabeltop Sunspider Roughneck and a couple other mechs don't even exist Beam lasers don't exist either.... Though to be fair if the clans did try to copy the x-pulse the beam laser does seem like something they'd do but in tabletop x-pulse don't fire like they do in MWO as X-pulse are IS attempt to copy clan pulse lasers. what they ended up making though is extended range hotter pulse so essentially ER pulse for IS but weaker and hotter than clan standard pulse.

Edited by KursedVixen, 06 May 2024 - 04:28 PM.

#138 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 May 2024 - 07:59 PM

View PostSteel Shanks, on 04 May 2024 - 10:00 PM, said:

PGI- "Let's take one of the RAREST MECHS in ALL of BattleTech Lore and Games, make 6 friggin variants...

It had the advantage of the model already existing. Half the work was already done, and the rest is upgrading the detail to high rez and crafting the camo schemes... which I pray they did a good job of this time. (Some of the recent ones have been notably lacking in negative space or contrast color.)

View PostKursedVixen, on 06 May 2024 - 03:07 AM, said:

Because the Yeoman is fuuuuuugly. It is the poster boy of "FASA fired all the good artists and this is what they have left."

Otherwise yeah, they could use some non-heavy mech releases. Gimme that Stinger/Wasp pack. Posted Image

#139 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 09:22 PM

For me, I'll gladly take a Raptor and Men Shen IS OmniPack.

#140 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 May 2024 - 09:33 PM

At this stage it's better to ask what a new chassis would bring that's new to the game. Using the Yeoman as an example, a 60-tonner with **** geometry and likely **** hitboxes for a first person pvp shooter. 4 missile hardpoints is nothing... the Champion Invictus can do that now or Quickdraws can come close. I'd say it's not worth the effort.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users