#241 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 11:36 AM

View PostGeneralDestroyer, on 26 May 2024 - 11:25 AM, said:

I'm surprised they didn't add the og Inner Sphere Bullshark 3M
When porting 'Mechs from other MechWarrior / BattleTech games, some adjustments often happen.

#242 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 May 2024 - 01:58 PM

View PostGeneralDestroyer, on 26 May 2024 - 11:25 AM, said:

I'm surprised they didn't add the og Inner Sphere Bullshark 3M
I doubt it was for lack of trying. The loadout of the BSK-M3 is illegal both on the tabletop and MWO; the autocannons take up too many slots to fit in the arms together the way the M3 had them. You don’t even have to take my word for it; try it for yourself!

The BSK-1 is as close to it as we get in MWO. It emulates almost every function it had. It loses the endo steel and LRMs in the conversion in favor of SRMs to complement the AC/5s, gains double heat sinks, and has an extra medium laser. I’m happy to say it works quite nicely for my purposes. If there is ever a tabletop porting of the BSK-M3, it may look closer to this, or do another thing entirely with the autocannons and other equipment. Only time will tell.

The BSK-MAZ has very similar issues, of course, though they run a little deeper on account of running non-standard IS tech in its default configuration, most of which is implied to be Clan Wolverine prototypes as much as the chassis itself. Lighter-weight UAC/5s and LB 10-X ACs, a Thumper Cannon that’s a little too light to have an ammo bin (probably why it only has 3 shots…) and ER Medium Lasers that do Clan-spec damage (with IS-spec range) in an era when IS ER Medium Lasers weren’t even invented yet. The BSK-M is apparently based on the idea of “what if the MAZ really did have Clan tech?” and just swaps the Thumper tonnage to other equipment. It’s the BSK-MAZ in every way that matters to me personally. lol

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 26 May 2024 - 08:58 PM.

#243 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 26 May 2024 - 02:08 PM

Dear MWO, a big thank you for this Bullshark mech pack!

It's the most enjoyable mech pack by far;
it's even more fun than the Stone Rhino mech pack for me!

Oh, and beautiful Bullshark mechs in MWO! ;)

Thank you!

View PostTiy0s, on 03 May 2024 - 04:11 PM, said:

Making this mech may have been my favorite project at PGI so far.

I have not seen those other skins before, I love them! May look into adapting some of them for MWO when I have time...

View PostOrmstarr the Splitter, on 03 May 2024 - 03:32 PM, said:

Whoa, this is my baby! Like, I designed and modeled this bad boy for the Heavy Metal expansion when I was at HBS, haha
Posted Image

I'm so pumped to see it here! I know our models work very differently, so big respect to whoever had to remodel this thing to make it MWO worthy.

#244 Shadowdusk

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 80 posts
  • LocationIn the depths of nowhere.

Posted 01 June 2024 - 12:44 PM

But how do you buy it on steam?

#245 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 June 2024 - 01:23 PM

That's the neat part; you don't!

For better or worse, like almost every chassis pack that came before, it's MWO web store exclusive. The BHKU-O pack was the exception, not the new rule.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users