244 replies to this topic

#41 Pelmeshek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 May 2024 - 12:21 PM

View Postepikt, on 03 May 2024 - 10:30 AM, said:

Don't ask too much, the last light mech (Incubus) was only released in september 2018, that's not even 6 years!

PS: Wasp+Stinger pack please Posted Image

Meh, locust IIC/fire falcon or raptorPosted Image

#42 __PLASMA__

• Pip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 12:28 PM

i like the desing looks decent for me and nice to see new stuff Posted Image

#43 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 12:32 PM

Simply a MUST HAVE!!!

#44 Poseidolon

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 12:39 PM

Finally a second 95 ton clan mech! Kinda!

#45 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 12:39 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 03 May 2024 - 12:20 PM, said:

mechwarrior 2

I don't think it was directly called that since Mechwarrior 2 was played from the Clans perspective since they don't use the IIC prefix. it was part of the hidden mechs you had to unlock..

It's either a IIC or C
If I remember correctly, it was just a normal BattleMaster, albeit used by the Clanners.

#46 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,680 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 03 May 2024 - 01:25 PM

I was hoping we'd get a Lore Based `Mech, or something akin to a variant.

I was hoping for more of a Light, or even a Medium. Hell, the Clan Lights need some serious love.

Edited by Hawk819, 03 May 2024 - 01:29 PM.

#47 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 03 May 2024 - 01:28 PM

View Postmartian, on 03 May 2024 - 12:39 PM, said:

If I remember correctly, it was just a normal BattleMaster, albeit used by the Clanners.

There is 3 clan variants of the Battlemaster but no IIC upgrade it was a mektek creation for mw4 from what I recall. But generally most clan variants of Inner Sphere mechs just get the C designation followed by a number if there is more than one.

#48 Manboobs-sama

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 01:36 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 03 May 2024 - 01:28 PM, said:

There is 3 clan variants of the Battlemaster but no IIC upgrade it was a mektek creation for mw4 from what I recall. But generally most clan variants of Inner Sphere mechs just get the C designation followed by a number if there is more than one.

Hope we get the Red Corsair when it's the Battlemaster's turn to get a Legendary variant.

#49 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 03 May 2024 - 01:39 PM

Da... dafuq?? How did you guys get the license for this one??

#50 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 May 2024 - 01:42 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 03 May 2024 - 01:28 PM, said:

There is mention of a battlemaster IIC if you look on google besides we have now the bullshark, sunspider roughtneck as non-cannon mechs in mwo I don't see why we can't have a battlemaster IIC, also BY THE BLOOD OF KERNESKY GIVE ME A LOCUST IIC ALREADY OR A FIREMOTH! Let alone a woodsman or other clan mech we're missing i think the woodsman among a few other older designs would be good for evening out the clan to is mech count.

#51 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 01:46 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 03 May 2024 - 01:42 PM, said:

There is mention of a battlemaster IIC if you look on google
Google can offer you any nonsense somebody puts on the web.

#52 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 02:01 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 03 May 2024 - 01:39 PM, said:

Da... dafuq?? How did you guys get the license for this one??
There are some reasons ...

1) If I remember correctly, HBS published the BattleTech PC game because it sublicensed the needed rights from PGI.

2) There has been some game assets exchange between HBS and PGI since HBS began their work on their BattleTech game.

So the roots of cooperation between HBS and PGI go deep. And if we are talking about it, people from HBS, PGI and CGL are old acquaintances.

#53 malevolent ai

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 02:08 PM

Meh. Turkina would've been much more fun.

#54 andy5689

Rookie

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 02:20 PM

i have always wanted this mech in MWO!!!! im so hype for it and that the variants will be mixed tech is so nice to see knowing the background of the chassis. So happy to see this getting into MWO :)

#55 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 133 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 03 May 2024 - 02:52 PM

View Postmartian, on 03 May 2024 - 10:52 AM, said:

After ten years of playing MWO, you should know the PGI's pricing policy.

I suppose…

#56 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 03 May 2024 - 02:59 PM

There is mention of a battlemaster IIC if you look on google besides we have now the bullshark, sunspider roughtneck as non-cannon mechs in mwo I don't see why we can't have a battlemaster IIC, also BY THE BLOOD OF KERNESKY GIVE ME A LOCUST IIC ALREADY OR A FIREMOTH! Let alone a woodsman or other clan mech we're missing i think the woodsman among a few other older designs would be good for evening out the clan to is mech count.

Firemoth, Locust IIC or Fire Falcon. Any would be awesome.

#57 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 03:07 PM

Neat.
Good.

#58 Duskwing

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2024 - 03:18 PM

Interesting choice for a new mech.

Remembering the Thumper Cannon from Battletech, maybe give one variant a quirk that drops double artillery strikes when it uses them? Or just boosts damage, accuracy, duration/number of shots, etc.

I do kinda like how that is available for both IS and Clan, though I wish we could at some point mix clan and IS tech. Not likely in MWO, but... Came to my mind instantly after seeing this thing. : )

Now let's see next the first quadmech released as the next new chassis! ); ) Something like the Tarantula or Scorpion. ^^

Edited by Duskwing, 03 May 2024 - 03:19 PM.

#59 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 03 May 2024 - 03:20 PM

I suggest sticking to sarna for lore accurate battlemechs but on the topic of non canon mechs it's true they can pop one out but it's kinda hard to justify when we can just use the C C2 and C3 will pretty much fill out anything the a hypothetical Battlemaster IIC, and I think it be better to bring in designs from Mek Tek if possible there is alot of intresting non canonical designs to bring, hell bring the Ragnarok in with a lava cannon snd just say it's a experimental heavy plasma rifle, shouldn't be to hard.

And I agree to add some new clan mech designs personally I want to finish off the reseen IIC's from griffin to the phawk, and then maybe the grendal,grizzly, and Mad Cat Mk III(I really want more timberwolves in my collection)

#60 Ormstarr the Splitter

Art Mercenary

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 03 May 2024 - 03:32 PM

Whoa, this is my baby! Like, I designed and modeled this bad boy for the Heavy Metal expansion when I was at HBS, haha
Posted Image

I'm so pumped to see it here! I know our models work very differently, so big respect to whoever had to remodel this thing to make it MWO worthy.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users