Watch The Mechwarrior 5: Clans Release Date Trailer Now!

64 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 01:17 PM

VISIT THE MECHWARRIOR 5: CLANS WEBSITE TO WISHLIST

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 01:18 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

All right, four months of waiting before us. Posted Image

#3 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 01:29 PM

Wow, that is just before my birthday! Kerensky definitely giveth this day!

#4 H 4 R B I N G E R

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 01:31 PM

Wishlisted!!!!!

Syrs, I want it now, looks great

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 01:32 PM

I wonder if it will be released on GOG.com in October.

Edited by martian, 08 June 2024 - 10:47 PM.

#6 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 08 June 2024 - 01:53 PM

wishlisted xbox

#7 Ronbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 50 posts
  • LocationWashtington state

Posted 08 June 2024 - 02:42 PM

wishlisted on epic

#8 Noishkel Hauptman

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 02:53 PM

Still hoping for a GOG release. But I'm starting to wonder if the reason why it's not mentioned is because they're considering to put Denuvo in this title for some reason.

#9 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 559 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 08 June 2024 - 02:54 PM

1:18 "Fascist regime"? What are modern day talking points doing here? Last I checked, there was not even a mention of it in any of the novels or other source books.The Combine has a feudal system in place--just like all the other the other houses, both big and small--with the Coordinator having absolute authority in all matters. That is not fascism. Furthermore, if anything, I have no doubt the clans would actually admire a genuine fascist regime for their high efficiency if nothing else right before dropping in to conquer them. So how about we keep the future talk and modern talk separate, okay?

Other than that the trailer looked good. We shall see though.

#10 Noishkel Hauptman

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 03:01 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 08 June 2024 - 02:54 PM, said:

1:18 "Fascist regime"? What are modern day talking points doing here? Last I checked, there was not even a mention of it in any of the novels or other source books.The Combine has a feudal system in place--just like all the other the other houses, both big and small--with the Coordinator having absolute authority in all matters. That is not fascism. Furthermore, if anything, I have no doubt the clans would actually admire a genuine fascist regime for their high efficiency if nothing else right before dropping in to conquer them. So how about we keep the future talk and modern talk separate, okay? Other than that the trailer looked good. We shall see though.

Yeah I say that myself. An authoritarian genetic supremacist warrior culture calling people they're attacking 'fascists' was kind of rich.

Personally I think we should ask the people of Turtle Bay their opinion of this.

Edited by Noishkel Hauptman, 08 June 2024 - 03:02 PM.

#11 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 03:03 PM

1:18 "Fascist regime"? What are modern day talking points doing here? Last I checked, there was not even a mention of it in any of the novels or other source books.The Combine has a feudal system in place--just like all the other the other houses, both big and small--with the Coordinator having absolute authority in all matters. That is not fascism. Furthermore, if anything, I have no doubt the clans would actually admire a genuine fascist regime for their high efficiency if nothing else right before dropping in to conquer them. So how about we keep the future talk and modern talk separate, okay?

It's an age old stategy, dehumanize the enemy. They are just using words people would understand. I don't read much into it.

#12 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 03:16 PM

You give us bigot this, fascist that, when all we really want is that Mad Cat.

#13 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 03:44 PM

So far it does not live up to the hype...or make me interested in buying it at launch. The best scene in the trailer was the battle with the 'Gazelle Gunship'...the biome with the icy spires looks looks dull and dead...not very interesting or inspiring. Kerensky's dreams of Terra are just not there...And yeah we have timber wolves bullying black jacks and phoenix hawks...boring....at least bring out the Banshees with axes/swords, PPCs and MASCs. We also don't see the other side in the cut scenes...Theodore Kurita giving orders to fight tooth and nail to fend off the invading horde of Clan warriors.

#14 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 595 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 04:26 PM

View PostFar Reach, on 08 June 2024 - 03:16 PM, said:

You give us bigot this, fascist that, when all we really want is that Mad Cat.

I do like the looks of her. The whole Alpha Star marching line astern looks great, to be honest.

#15 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 08 June 2024 - 07:34 PM

I swear to ******* christ. If this is epic-exclusive again...

#16 Lepestok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 08 June 2024 - 09:15 PM

Take my money!

#17 Teemo41

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Hope, Minnesota

Posted 08 June 2024 - 09:52 PM

Really not sure if I should wishlist it right now, or wait to find out if I'll get a little something, ya know, for the effort, ya know?

#18 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 10:03 PM

The irony of that trailer is hilarious to me. The Smoke Jaguars calling the Draconis Combine fascists, is like the pot calling the kettle black or in this case, an A-hole calling a jerk an a-hole. But I understand it to the Crusader Clan's propaganda. But the rest of the trailer looks good. I can't wait to see what the modding crew will do with this game after 4 months.

Edited by Will9761, 09 June 2024 - 01:36 PM.

#19 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 08 June 2024 - 11:26 PM

Just a propaganda, quite common in all political bodies of the BattleTech universe.

I am reading a BattleTech book in which one guy is described as "that fascist idiot". I really do not think that he carries the Partito Nazionale Fascista membership card in his pocket. Posted Image

#20 laguzmage

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 12:48 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 08 June 2024 - 07:34 PM, said:

I swear to ******* christ. If this is epic-exclusive again...

It's getting a PS5/Xbox release alongside PC so I would be surprised if they nixed the Steam page for this one

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users