Watch The Mechwarrior 5: Clans Release Date Trailer Now!

64 replies to this topic

#41 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 05:12 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 10 June 2024 - 02:48 PM, said:

Any chance of a demo version being released or a play for free weekend event like other games have done (on steam at least) It does look great but would love to see more footage showcasing more gameplay, and new features, if its going to be more of what we already had with MW5 but now with clan mechs and a bit more story telling, I think I will wait for MW6 or MWO2.

...what do you mean?

I think that having a beta could be possible for Mechwarrior 5 Clans, but if it did, I see it being for something like September or a few days in October before the actual release. Just like how we had Mechwarrior 5: Mercs' beta before its release.

As for what Far Reach said, he is upset after hearing how the Smoke Jaguar character called the Draconis Combine a "fascist regime" (which is ironic when Clan Smoke Jaguar is no better than them). In lore, the Dracs are known for their cultural superiority complex and will force their society down conquered planet's throats whether they want it or not. Out of lore, the word fascist is used as an insult to denote a person who has far-right beliefs. And given the political climate we are in, you will hear the words "fascist" or "bigot" constantly. So because PGI added the phrase fascist regime to the Dracs, Far Reach feels that the devs are trying to appeal to a left-leaning audience, which is not the case.

Edited by Will9761, 14 June 2024 - 07:52 PM.

#42 Boston Lethargics

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 05:16 PM

View PostFar Reach, on 10 June 2024 - 04:44 AM, said:

Hire devs with political lean? See it bleed through into their product.

everybody has a political lean

#43 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 05:34 PM

If PGI were to make DLCs for MW5:Clans, I'd love to see them give different Clans story based DLC. Even though Clan Wolf, Jade Falcon and Ghost Bear already had their fair shakes with Mechwarrior 2.

Here are the clans I can see having their own DLCs:
  • Clan Wolf
  • Clan Jade Falcon
  • Clan Ghost Bear
  • Clan Nova Cat
  • Clan Steel Viper
  • Clan Diamond Shark

#44 ironlegion60

• PipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2024 - 06:28 PM

Would It be better if Mechwarrior was more arma 3?

#45 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia.

Posted 10 June 2024 - 11:02 PM

I understand that if you do add-ons for other Clans in the style of the main campaign (with commercials, cut scenes, dialogues), then it will be expensive and pull for a full-fledged game. But in any case, I am in favor of any new linear campaigns with a good plot and atmosphere.
Of course, since we have a game about Clans and has such a name, then I want all the additions to be dedicated to playing for Clans. It would be logical and fair. And for which Clan and time it will be, it doesn't matter anymore. I agree to everything.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 11 June 2024 - 12:01 AM.

#46 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 01:31 AM

Will there be elementals in the game? At least in the videos?

#47 Lobster in Leggins

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 03:32 AM

Another high quality trailer for this title.really impressed about the flair it gives to this new mechwarrior title.
I am really looking forward to play this!

with that kind of content it shoud be possible to make a proper mechwarrior movie about the clan invasion.i am sure people woudnt mind if its not actual actors, instead created with graphics like in the trailer.Woud be a freakin blast!!!!

#48 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 04:54 AM

View PostWill9761, on 10 June 2024 - 05:12 PM, said:

I think that having a beta could be possible for Mechwarrior 5 Clans, but I if it did, I see it being for something like September or a few days in October before the actual release. Just like how we had Mechwarrior 5: Mercs' beta before its release.

Hope so, Im curious about this game but If it's simply more MW5 with clan's mech I think I will pass.

#49 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 09:56 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 09 June 2024 - 01:09 AM, said:

They already thought of Spheroids as uncivilized barbarians--not that they were completely wrong about that--no need to dehumanize them past that. Besides,you dehumanize someone to make it easier to kill them and since when does a Clan warrior need to dehumanize someone in order to kill them?
It was just a normal Clan talk: Inner Sphere greed ... corruption ... Great Houses caused the fall of the Star League ... quoting Kerensky ... etc.

You can read it in BattleTech books.

Furthermore, do you guys really think that they would even know what fascism was (most people cannot describe it)? Why would they? There were the Clans and everyone else were the barbarians..
Why not? A Hell's Horses Loremaster has knowledge of the Terran nineteenth century history. Clan Wolf Khan has knowledge of the Terran twentieth century political history. I see nothing wrong with the fact that this Smoke Jaguar Galaxy Commander has also some knowledge of the history of mankind.

Some Clanners really love history.

Reminds me of when PGI first introduced the Sun Spider piloted by a Star Colonel that did not have a bloodname--which is impossible, btw. Really gives you the feeling that the people in charge totally know what they are doing, huh?
You are wrong. There are many Star Colonels without Bloodname.

By the way, Star Colonel Tabok - without Bloodname - was taken directly from the BattleTech sourcebook.

Call me a nitpicker if you must, but every time I hear them call the Combine fascists, it just takes me out the video.
I see no problem here. Draconis Combine has some features of fascism. Of course, it is not some exact copy of the Italy or Japan of 1920s and 1930s, but obviously close enough for this Clanner.

#50 Sigurd Wolf

Rookie

• Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 06:36 PM

Hoping there is some sort of pre-order bonuses in MWO for this release.

#51 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 June 2024 - 11:04 PM

I wonder how choosing one’s ’Mechs is handled compared to Mercs. While the Clans definitely do salvage – though it is a relatively small part of what they generally call isorla – it seems like it’d be a touch out of character to have our Star using “inferior” Inner Sphere tech during this time period, SLDF Royal relics aside – and even those were rarely seen IIRC.

I predict we will probably be given an absolute tonnage limit that we can choose whatever Clan ’Mechs we want as long as the Star fits within that limit. For all their drawing from MW2, the more individualized tonnage limits for each individual Starmate that game had probably doesn’t translate very well to a co-op multiplayer game like MW5.

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 11 June 2024 - 11:06 PM.

#52 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 12 June 2024 - 02:59 AM

View PostAkamia Terizen, on 11 June 2024 - 11:04 PM, said:

I wonder how choosing one’s ’Mechs is handled compared to Mercs. While the Clans definitely do salvage – though it is a relatively small part of what they generally call isorla – it seems like it’d be a touch out of character to have our Star using “inferior” Inner Sphere tech during this time period, SLDF Royal relics aside – and even those were rarely seen IIRC.

I predict we will probably be given an absolute tonnage limit that we can choose whatever Clan ’Mechs we want as long as the Star fits within that limit. For all their drawing from MW2, the more individualized tonnage limits for each individual Starmate that game had probably doesn’t translate very well to a co-op multiplayer game like MW5.

I would like to see the combination of two approaches:

1) Tonnage limit.
a) Absolute: Necessary to ensure that the player will not go through all missions with the Star consisting of five Dire Wolves.
b) Relative: Conserving Clan resources and using as little tonnage as possible to gain some extra honor points.

2) Honor factor.
The better you complete assigned missions (all primary objectives, as many secondary objectives as possible; minimal losses), the broader selection of 'Mechs is available to you (IS salvage and Star League 'Mechs ► Clan BattleMechs ► Clan OmniMechs).

But realistically, I think that PGI will follow some simple concept of starting in a light or medium Clan 'Mech and gradually moving to heavier 'Mechs.

#53 13Tradesman

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 12:56 AM

View Postmartian, on 09 June 2024 - 01:15 AM, said:

When you were playing .. dunno ... MechWarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy, you also played as a Clanner, with no special IS cut scenes.

In MechWarrior 5: Clans, you will simply play as a member of the Clan Smoke Jaguar and experience the Clan Invasion from the Clan perspective..

You are missing the point entirely...instead of that disappointing fellow in the trailer who is a relative unknown giving some 'Clan version' rehash of the Kestrel lancers cut scene monologue we could have had something with these two characters or even just one of them.Posted ImageVSPosted Image

...I'm telling PGI to reach higher here so they can excite people and your basically asking me "Now why would you do that or why should PGI do that?" This is baffling to me.

Edited by 13Tradesman, 13 June 2024 - 12:57 AM.

#54 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 07:18 AM

View Post13Tradesman, on 13 June 2024 - 12:56 AM, said:

You are missing the point entirely...instead of that disappointing fellow in the trailer who is a relative unknown giving some 'Clan version' rehash of the Kestrel lancers cut scene monologue we could have had something with these two characters or even just one of them.
...I'm telling PGI to reach higher here so they can excite people and your basically asking me "Now why would you do that or why should PGI do that?" This is baffling to me.
Yes, we could have had many things.

The developers have decided to go with the player's immediate superiors which makes sense, since the player starts the game as a lowly Clan cadet. I am okay with it.

The possible Khan's monologue would not be much different anyway.

And who knows? Maybe the actual game intro will be different. This is just a game trailer.

#55 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 09:44 AM

Let's be honest and admit that no game in the Mechwarrior series has ever repeated the canon of the universe 100%. I will say more, no one is obliged to do this, because there are no such obligations except to comply with the names of weapons, mechs, etc. under license. Even FASA and subsequently HBS, creating Mechcommander 1, 2, Mechwarrior 4 and BattleTech 2018 have many inaccuracies and liberties. Remember the wonderful intro Mechcommander. Do the actors there have the uniform of the Federated Commonwealth or the House of Davion? There is nothing in common with the universe except for the label at Home, and at that time it was wow and cool, the actors' play was always perceived as a film and conveyed a good atmosphere and no one thought about what they were wearing there. So it is here. Everyone wants and creates what they want. At the same time, PGI tries to transfer the canon as much as possible and introduce it to the people. And again, the universe is old and much of what is there from uniforms, the appearance of characters, technology has an outdated look and stereotype.

If we talk about the appearance of the clansmen, then they are all different. Someone looks like a barbarian, a savage, and many have quite a normal appearance and are no different from the inhabitants of the Inner Sphere. Aiden and Marthe Pryde, Natasha Kerenskaya, Jaime Wolf and others. If we play for Clans, then we need to make the appearance pretty, of our time, so that they do not repel and frighten. Although they are "bad" according to Lore, they should arouse sympathy. And not everyone should look like Khan Leo Showers . The commander of the Beta Galaxy Cordera Perez is talking in the video, we don't know what he looks like. So why can't he be like that? We were discussing the uniform here. The one that, according to the canon, it is irrelevant for our time, old-fashioned. And it's still different from Kurita, there are red and green pants there. The main thing is to convey the atmosphere, the knowledge of the universe, and the form is the tenth thing. They show us canonical rank here. When was this? And Kerensky's quotes.
The main thing is that the game would convey the spirit of the Clans without pitfalls, as it is. And yes, we know what Sarah Weaver looks like in the game, and I'm glad she's like that, and not like a crocodile according to the canon.

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 13 June 2024 - 10:50 AM.

#56 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 10:12 AM

You are missing the point entirely...instead of that disappointing fellow in the trailer who is a relative unknown giving some 'Clan version' rehash of the Kestrel lancers cut scene monologue we could have had something with these two characters or even just one of them.Posted ImageVSPosted Image

And here he is, who does he look like? For the first art or the second? So, not everything is so clear.
https://cfw.sarna.ne...=20110319161700

#57 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 10:38 AM

You are missing the point entirely...instead of that disappointing fellow in the trailer who is a relative unknown giving some 'Clan version' rehash of the Kestrel lancers cut scene monologue we could have had something with these two characters or even just one of them.

- sure they will be mentioned...at the very lest one can expect a cameo here and there, but the clan invasion was quite big and a lot of things happened "by mention" that were not given a big deal of detail, Things that could be expanded through MW5C without messing with the lore. If anything it is an opportunity to enrich the lore if done right....we ate not expecting a retelling of the clan invasion are we?

Edited by simon1812, 13 June 2024 - 10:40 AM.

#58 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2024 - 07:05 PM

I would like to see tactical numbers, signs of units and factions depicted in the game on mechs.

#59 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 June 2024 - 12:10 AM

I also would like to see those things. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any reason to expect to see it here any more than we did in MW5Mercs before it – which we did not, of course.

I'm not entirely sure what the barrier to this might be, or if they will have committed to doing the faction insignias at the very minimum as many games in the past have done. For better or worse, though, it appears PGI tends to rely exclusively on a given faction's parade colors, and even those only tend to come from one or two particular units as far as House armies are concerned; every FedSun ’Mech uses the Davion Brigade of Guards colors, every Free Worlder is using the Free Worlds Legionnaires colors apparently (martian may know this one better than I do; I just spent a few minutes on CamoSpecs looking for the FWL pattern PGI based theirs on, so I'm not 100% on that), etc.

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 14 June 2024 - 12:18 AM.

#60 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 June 2024 - 06:19 AM

Why do you think pro players don't review this video? Although there were reviews for the demo version right away. I'm talking about NGNG, TTB and others. And in general, there is little news about the release date.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users