Ui Unreadable After Install - Native Resolution 2560X1440

5 replies to this topic

#1 ScrapValue

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2024 - 01:52 PM

I had to reinstall MWO. If I recall correctly, I had this issue when I installed it several months ago but I don't recall how I resolved it. Below is a screenshot of what I see on my 2560 x 1440 resolution monitor; the UI is scarcely readable. How can I fix this? (note, I'm not asking for UI text scaling; I know that isn't available; it shouldn't look like this though). Thanks.

Posted Image

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 03 January 2024 - 01:35 PM

Nope. No fix. Don't use ingame menu, but mechdb and simply know where to klick.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 03 January 2024 - 06:11 PM

There is something wrong with your system setup vs MWO. I run the same 2k resolution and my text is clear, not scrunched up like yours is.

What is your display properties? Is Windows/GPU is also set to that new native resolution? Have Cleartype enabled? Scale set at 100%, or higher? Is HDR enabled? And just to make sure, Windows/GPU is also set to native resolution

Edit. Currently it looks like you are running in Full Window Mode. Go into settings and switch it to fullscreen instead. Check the text. Then try going back to Full Windowed mode. Of the threads, for two players that is what fixed their particular issue 10 years ago, but at least one had been running his GPU at a higher resolution then was running the game at a lower resolution, ie both were not running at the monitor's native resolution.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 January 2024 - 06:49 PM.

#4 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:34 AM

No. Never fullscreen in MWO unless u like radom crashes whenever alt tab etc.

Frankenstein engine can't handle change in power states.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 04 January 2024 - 05:40 AM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,712 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 January 2024 - 11:57 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 04 January 2024 - 05:34 AM, said:

No. Never fullscreen in MWO unless u like radom crashes whenever alt tab etc.

Frankenstein engine can't handle change in power states.

Agree, for those with run into the Fullscreen issues with lots of tab in/out but right now it is a troubleshooting step to see whether or not it resolves the Text , which is based on posts from other players who had run into the same issue several years ago. And it isnt just the engine, it is also the OS, cause Fullscreen crashes w/tab in/out isnt just a MWO, it happens with other games and other programs for years.

#6 Donnybrook

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 June 2024 - 10:35 PM

I'm running into this myself. The only way it becomes clear if is I run the game in the same resolution as the monitor (despite the fullscreen/full window trick).

This game really, really, really needs UI scaling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users