June - July 2 Free Mechs And Faction Play Event

123 replies to this topic

#101 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 06:50 AM

ok just had a FP match and it counted towards the challenge, PGI fixed it.

#102 TankerOfPlanes

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 07:20 AM

I would be happy for being able to play faction mode, if not for the fact that clanners are winning almost every match

#103 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 222 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 18 June 2024 - 07:46 AM

Clans are winning almost every match only because it is silly day today and it is only Siege mode whole day.

IS will get their free win, when it is their turn to defend again. Posted Image

#104 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 10:24 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 18 June 2024 - 03:55 AM, said:

/shrugs I was looking at logging out of the game, so I went to check the results in-game, expecting it to drop me to the Desktop but it didn't. Unknown if they will make it retroactive or not at some point, but at the time of my post it was not.

I guess that the bug fix is not retroactive:

Posted Image

I had to play two extra games to redo the lowest-tier objective.

#105 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 10:49 AM

View PostTankerOfPlanes, on 18 June 2024 - 07:20 AM, said:

I would be happy for being able to play faction mode, if not for the fact that clanners are winning almost every match

any faction that is defending usually wins

all its left its a do ever for the urbie event

Edited by simon1812, 18 June 2024 - 10:52 AM.

#106 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 491 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 04:01 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 June 2024 - 10:24 AM, said:

I guess that the bug fix is not retroactive:

Yes, unfortunately, this is true.
Now I checked my task statistics. The first task is still 0/2.

It looks like i'll have to play two more matches. I hope these will be interesting games, with equal teams. And i'm even more hopeful that these will be true FP game modes. No conquest, domination or assault. I think the introduction of these game modes in FP is one of the stupidest decisions. From the FP they made a QP with a drop deck.

#107 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 07:07 PM

wow we got a patch, whats on it?

#108 sergeant sad

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 08:15 PM

Another bug with the faction event, I haven't gotten any of the warhorn rewards.

Edit: I've redeemed only from the website so far. And there hasn't been a pop-up listing the rewards after redeeming them like there usually is, even after playing multiple matches/restarting the client.

Edited by sergeant sad, 18 June 2024 - 08:29 PM.

#109 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 08:39 PM

View Postsergeant sad, on 18 June 2024 - 08:15 PM, said:

Another bug with the faction event, I haven't gotten any of the warhorn rewards.

Edit: I've redeemed only from the website so far. And there hasn't been a pop-up listing the rewards after redeeming them like there usually is, even after playing multiple matches/restarting the client.
1. Sometimes, you have to wait one hour (or two). In one case I got the reward after one day.

2. Not always you get the reward message, so check your account. Maybe those rewards have been added to your account without the usual reward message.

3. If the problem persists, contact the MWO Support service.

#110 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,926 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 10:50 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 18 June 2024 - 07:07 PM, said:

wow we got a patch, whats on it?

just the standard monthly update (see patch notes). still didnt get my first fp reward, got all the others. ive also stalled on the free mech event pending a fix. meh. if it wasnt in the patch its probibly not happening. might be they fixed it and its simply not counting old scores (in other words i have to play 2 more matches).

Edited by LordNothing, 18 June 2024 - 10:53 PM.

#111 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 11:18 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 June 2024 - 10:50 PM, said:

still didnt get my first fp reward, got all the others. ive also stalled on the free mech event pending a fix. meh. if it wasnt in the patch its probibly not happening. might be they fixed it and its simply not counting old scores (in other words i have to play 2 more matches).

PGI has solved the problem.

The objective works now:

Posted Image

However, you must play two more FP games to redo the objective.

#112 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,926 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 12:50 AM

oh thats nice to know. i guess i can finish the events next time i feel like it. still kind of a buzzkill.

#113 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 02:39 AM

View PostMorzhar, on 16 June 2024 - 08:16 AM, said:

Are we not getting a Summer Loot bag event? That's the one event per year i can actually get friends to play this game...

We might not get one this year, regardless of what anyone else says... While having to mostly lurk due to circumstances beyond my control, it happens that I noticed some people who posted in the following threads... ...complaining rudely for a Free Mech Event prior to the recent June Monthly Patch occurring for everyone (I will have to let anyone verifying my claims dig a little, in order to avoid crossing certain lines here... Sorry!), instead of staying quiet and seeing what cool things can appear out of nowhere. Worse, those people did such lunacy while PGI was seemingly mourning/remembering/celebrating the loss of someone, as per the following news item... ...which identifies this unknown person (who is being indicated as apparently IRL deceased perhaps?) to be a MechWarrior who loved the UrbanMech while part of our community. PGI's Staff absolutely should NEVER have to tolerate such abuse – even in subtle forms – from anyone during such a time. All it took was regularity of a mere few complaints, but because of their disrespectful & dishonorable timing, those complainers unfortunately appear to have caused a particular unwritten rule...
  • "If you want a nice surprise, then NEVER complain before it can happen!"
...to sadly be proven true once again. As one could subsequently figure, this resulted in the current split Event setup with only that pair of Mechs easily open to all, and seemingly what some might call self-hurting behaviors required to enter Faction Warfare if attempting achievement of anything beyond that. We can essentially thank (in a rather sarcastic way) those very few bad actors, given that everyone in MWO's community is being punished for all intent & purpose here. Frankly, it disgusts me so much that I'm thinking of skipping (even though that's not an absolute certainty as of when I'm posting this) all these various Events & Rewards until the end of July as my way of supporting PGI over what has happened here. :(

~D. V. "definitely more tired of disruptive pre-Event complainers than PGI at this point" Devnull

(p.s.: If this post feels in any way like I'm bashing on you, then you have my apologies as there is NO intent of doing that... Sorry!)

[Edit by the post's author for a major formatting error... Certain buttons will not be used again without severe study!!!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 19 June 2024 - 02:43 AM.

#114 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 633 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 03:47 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 June 2024 - 02:39 AM, said:

We might not get one this year, regardless of what anyone else says... While having to mostly lurk due to circumstances beyond my control, it happens that I noticed some people who posted in the following threads... ...complaining rudely for a Free Mech Event prior to the recent June Monthly Patch occurring for everyone (I will have to let anyone verifying my claims dig a little, in order to avoid crossing certain lines here... Sorry!), instead of staying quiet and seeing what cool things can appear out of nowhere. Worse, those people did such lunacy while PGI was seemingly mourning/remembering/celebrating the loss of someone, as per the following news item... ...which identifies this unknown person (who is being indicated as apparently IRL deceased perhaps?) to be a MechWarrior who loved the UrbanMech while part of our community. PGI's Staff absolutely should NEVER have to tolerate such abuse – even in subtle forms – from anyone during such a time. All it took was regularity of a mere few complaints, but because of their disrespectful & dishonorable timing, those complainers unfortunately appear to have caused a particular unwritten rule...
...to sadly be proven true once again. As one could subsequently figure, this resulted in the current split Event setup with only that pair of Mechs easily open to all, and seemingly what some might call self-hurting behaviors required to enter Faction Warfare if attempting achievement of anything beyond that. We can essentially thank (in a rather sarcastic way) those very few bad actors, given that everyone in MWO's community is being punished for all intent & purpose here. Frankly, it disgusts me so much that I'm thinking of skipping (even though that's not an absolute certainty as of when I'm posting this) all these various Events & Rewards until the end of July as my way of supporting PGI over what has happened here. :(

~D. V. "definitely more tired of disruptive pre-Event complainers than PGI at this point" Devnull

(p.s.: If this post feels in any way like I'm bashing on you, then you have my apologies as there is NO intent of doing that... Sorry!)

[Edit by the post's author for a major formatting error... Certain buttons will not be used again without severe study!!!]

Was it something I said??? Because I was lying I already had forgiven them by the time I typed what I typed, I know PGI will never add melee to MWO...that was the joke.

#115 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 06:35 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 June 2024 - 02:39 AM, said:

...to sadly be proven true once again. As one could subsequently figure, this resulted in the current split Event setup with only that pair of Mechs easily open to all, and seemingly what some might call self-hurting behaviors required to enter Faction Warfare if attempting achievement of anything beyond that. We can essentially thank (in a rather sarcastic way) those very few bad actors, given that everyone in MWO's community is being punished for all intent & purpose here. Frankly, it disgusts me so much that I'm thinking of skipping (even though that's not an absolute certainty as of when I'm posting this) all these various Events & Rewards until the end of July as my way of supporting PGI over what has happened here. Posted Image

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but who is this person that PGI is mourning? It would have helped if we had some information about the deceased individual instead of leaving it vague. I tried to find some info about this person to no avail. I just wish we could have had some eulogy post or reasoning why the Memorial event is happening. I don't mind that PGI wants to mourn someone, but again, I wish PGI was more clear on who they were grieving.

Then again, the people on the forums (not all of them) have been known to show what hateful, heartless creatures they are behind their screen. After all in 2013, some members thought it would be a good idea to disrespect the Sarah's Jenner charity based after a player's 5-year old daughter who passed away from brain cancer. In 2019 for Autism Awareness, PGI made an event to support that and players were heartless enough to make fun of people who had autism (like myself) or stupid enough to believe that PGI was making fun of their players. It's heartless vermin like them why I feel bad for PGI sometimes and I don't fault Russ, Daeron or anyone else at PGI for not visiting the MWO forums when you have ungrateful, petty and heartless players who hang around here. There are good people here in the these forums, but the bad ones who do this terrible behavior have no business here.

Still, may this person rest in peace...

Edited by Will9761, 20 June 2024 - 06:42 AM.

#116 D V Devnull

• 4,268 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 01:28 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 19 June 2024 - 03:47 PM, said:

Was it something I said??? Because I was lying I already had forgiven them by the time I typed what I typed, I know PGI will never add melee to MWO...that was the joke.

It had nothing to do with what you said. And therefore, you're not one of the group whom I speak of. Your joke had utterly zero to do with my posting. I was speaking specifically about those who disrespectfully nagged for a Free Mech Event to happen in the June time frame, and with a complete lack of consideration to anything unusual which could have potentially happened. If you take a careful look through the two threads which I pointed at, then the answer becomes very clear. Have a nice day, alright? ;)

~D. V. "Don't you worry, 'simon1812'... You're NOT one of the culprits on this June-July 2024 Event" Devnull

#117 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 633 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 08:15 PM

View PostWill9761, on 19 June 2024 - 06:35 PM, said:

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, but who is this person that PGI is mourning? It would have helped if we had some information about the deceased individual instead of leaving it vague. I tried to find some info about this person to no avail. I just wish we could have had some eulogy post or reasoning why the Memorial event is happening. I don't mind that PGI wants to mourn someone, but again, I wish PGI was more clear on who they were grieving.

Then again, the people on the forums (not all of them) have been known to show what hateful, heartless creatures they are behind their screen. After all in 2013, some members thought it would be a good idea to disrespect the Sarah's Jenner charity based after a player's 5-year old daughter who passed away from brain cancer. In 2019 for Autism Awareness, PGI made an event to support that and players were heartless enough to make fun of people who had autism (like myself) or stupid enough to believe that PGI was making fun of their players. It's heartless vermin like them why I feel bad for PGI sometimes and I don't fault Russ, Daeron or anyone else at PGI for not visiting the MWO forums when you have ungrateful, petty and heartless players who hang around here. There are good people here in the these forums, but the bad ones who do this terrible behavior have no business here.

it isnt important for us to know who he/she was, it was clearly important to PGI and that should've been enough.

#118 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 08:31 PM

View Postsimon1812, on 20 June 2024 - 08:15 PM, said:

it isnt important for us to know who he/she was, it was clearly important to PGI and that should've been enough.

If it wasn't important to us, then why did PGI try to sneak it in as an event? Sure you could say that it's a confidential thing with PGI given it's bad past with some of the people on the forums and I could buy that, but PGI stated that was a Mechwarrior of this community, a player, who loved playing an UrbanMech. If they didn't want us to know, why did they make an Urbie Event called "In Memorial" and add it to their news? Being vague has always been a problem with PGI and by omitting who this person was, it's just going to make more people curious about who they were memorializing.

That's like PGI making a Birthday Event saying, "We are going to host a birthday party to a very special member of our community! We hope you'll be there!". While sneaking it in without any heads up.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but PGI not being transparent leaves us with more questions than answers. This may sound strange to say, but it also sounds slightly disrespectful on PGI's part to the person they are mourning as they don't care to name the individual who they are honoring.

Edited by Will9761, 20 June 2024 - 08:55 PM.

#119 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,183 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 June 2024 - 09:45 PM

people were disrespectul about Sarah's Jenner? either i totally missed that or I had forgotten because it was so bad... (I wish i had been able to buy it back then)

#120 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 21 June 2024 - 03:58 AM

Since you desperately want to know, his name was Oboreten (it's his twitch and discord name, his ig name was a bit different but I don't remember). He was a marine corp veteran, loved urbanmechs and was a pretty nice fellow.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users