111 replies to this topic

#41 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,227 posts

Posted 14 June 2024 - 10:51 PM

View PostHeat Skink, on 14 June 2024 - 05:42 PM, said:

Are you only here to critique what I say or are you here for an actual conversation? All I spoke was truth, there is no arguing over truth. The behemoth has those quirks and that is what is listed in the picture. If you don't like it don't buy it.

And the Clan Stone Rhino has got a ton of extra Firepower quirks that you decided not to mention and that I listed above for your convenience.

Edited by martian, 14 June 2024 - 11:04 PM.

#42 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,889 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 June 2024 - 10:52 PM

View PostHeat Skink, on 14 June 2024 - 05:42 PM, said:

Are you only here to critique what I say or are you here for an actual conversation? All I spoke was truth, there is no arguing over truth. The behemoth has those quirks and that is what is listed in the picture. If you don't like it don't buy it.

"Don't disagree with me - I just speak with the voice of truth, so nothing I say can be argued with! Now stop pointing out the shortcomings of my arguments and bringing up facts."

The quirks you dismiss include range, HSL, and velocity quirks that far outweigh a 5% heat reduction quirk. The obvious intent is for the Behemoth to be a good generalist chassis, but its quirks don't support parity with its Clan counterparts - or the Inner Sphere alternatives like the Fafnir.

"If you don't like it, don't buy it" is just another way to say, "I've lost the debate, but I'm going to keep arguing anyway."

Edited by Void Angel, 15 June 2024 - 01:19 PM.

#43 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 103 posts
  • LocationIn your mech eating heat sinks

Posted 14 June 2024 - 11:00 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 14 June 2024 - 10:52 PM, said:

"Don't disagree with me - I just speak with the voice of truth, so nothing I say can be argued with! Now stop pointing out the shortcomings of my arguments and bringing up facts."

The quirks you dismiss include range, HSL, and velocity quirks that more than outweigh a 5% heat reduction quirk. The obvious intent is for the Behemoth to be a good generalist chassis, but its quirks don't support parity with it's Clan counterparts - or the Inner Sphere alternatives like the Fafnir.

"If you don't like it, don't buy it" is just another way to say, "I've lost the debate, but I'm going to keep arguing anyway."
I guess you can't read then.

View PostHeat Skink, on 14 June 2024 - 01:24 PM, said:

it's got the same quirks as the SR-1, 3 ,4,7 plus 5% more heat, minus 10% crit (The heat could be explained by colder weapons and the lower crit chance, skill tree?) trading off any weapon group quirks. To me it looks like a stripped down SR-1 which is what it is in lore...
Welp i guess i now know why i was warned about Tier 1's

Edited by Heat Skink, 14 June 2024 - 11:03 PM.

#44 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,889 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 June 2024 - 11:42 PM

Riiiight. "Don't tell Tier 1s anything about your builds or whatnot, or they'll disagree with you when you're not talking about your builds." That makes sense. When you dismiss all the weapon-specific quirks that make the Clan Stone Rhinos more effective, and the quirks on things like the Fafnir or Atlas with equivalent hardpoints, it just indicates a willingness to ignore contrary facts and arguments.

Which... is what you are doing. I've told you about three times now that a 5% heat quirk isn't worth the weapon group quirks that you want to hand-wave away - and that even if they were, that wouldn't make the Behemoth very attractive compared to Clantech.
underlining big, bolded letters as though I hadn't addressed the issue several times does not help your argument as much as you seem to think.

Clantech partisans are constantly pointing out how many "unfair" quirk advantages most Inner Sphere 'mechs have - and those 'mechs have them because it's a necessary balancing mechanic to offset the efficiency and effectiveness of Clan gear. The only variation in this theme is when 'mechs have architecture and/or hardpoint advantages that place them above the pack (e.g. Annihilators.) But the SR-1 - which you are citing - has the same architecture... and better hardpoints. That means that even if you were right, and the weapon family quirks are worth 5% heat (even the one that gives 7.5% heat reduction,) the Behemoth would still underperform.

It's not a terrible 'mech; people will get through the battle pass with it, and have some good games. But it's going to go the way of the Kasai - because it's not on par with the other Stone Rhinos that you can buy for c-bills right now.

Edited by Void Angel, 15 June 2024 - 01:17 PM.

#45 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 12:37 AM

You've totally proven to me your inabilty to read so because you cannot, I will explain it all in giant text so you can read it or totally ignore it over this stupid argument becuase you cannot read.

Posted Image
The behemoth is a stone rhino with Is tech -5% more heat quirks and no weapon quirks at all or as i said no weapon group quirks like ballstic, energy, missile.

i never argued anything different I just pointed out that's what it is, in fact the devs probably took a stone rhino-1 and for whatever reason flipped the switch to make it IS and removed a bunch of quirks, but you just want to start an argument over a stupid statement....

Edited by Heat Skink, 15 June 2024 - 12:39 AM.

#46 Victor Steiner Fred Dref Davion

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 01:15 PM

View PostHeat Skink, on 14 June 2024 - 08:52 AM, said:

And repeating that does what? sad to see no Locust IIC Posted Image Clan one only gets -5% on the 1,3,4,7 you get 2 times that for your heavier ****. and you get one

Same, I would love to see the Locust IIC added :)

#47 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,889 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 June 2024 - 01:16 PM

Really? You "just pointed out" what quirks the Behemoth has? I am mystified as to why you think you could get away with that whopper - did you assume I just looked at the OP and didn't read any of the posts? Bad news:

View PostHeat Skink, on 14 June 2024 - 08:52 AM, said:

Clan one only gets -5% on the 1,3,4,7 you get 2 times that for your heavier ****.
Sorry, bud - you're not going to be able to gaslight me. You were - and are - trying to claim that the Behemoth's quirks are adequate compensation for the inferior IS tech base. I responded with good faith disagreement, and you've become more and more hostile, insulting, and deceptive as the conversation has gone on.

Unfortunately for you, I can read - and what you've written is right here in this thread.

#48 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 June 2024 - 01:21 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 14 June 2024 - 10:28 PM, said:

And any new mechs designed for MW5 will likely find their way into MWO as well. I doubt the Blackhawk KU is the only IS Omni. Especially if MechWarrior 5 Clans has Operation Bulldog as part of it, which was chockful of IS Omnis like the Sunder, Strider, Owens, Avatar, Firestarter Omni and Blackjack Omni, as well as the Blackhawk-KU.

We just gotta wait and see.

Last patch wasnt the black hawk. it was the bullshark.

#49 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,889 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 15 June 2024 - 02:43 PM

That's not what he means; he's speculating that if Operation Bulldog is part of the MW5: Clans story line, then we could be seeing more Inner Sphere omnimechs being brought to MWO.

#50 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 15 June 2024 - 10:26 PM

Wouldn't be the first time something made for MW5 got backported. Look at the Hatchetman.

#51 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 763 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 16 June 2024 - 09:58 AM

I wonder, what behind all those velocity buffs?
Could Dev or Cauldron put up a statement with an explanation, pls. That would be helpfull to understand where this is going.

#52 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,889 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 June 2024 - 10:47 AM

Well, you could go ask on the discord, but the velocity buffs do have the effect of making ballistics more accurate. The only reason they'd do that is to make the weapon class more effective against other direct-fire weapons, which means PPCs and Lasers - so I'd guess that weapon telemetry and match experiences are finding that those weapons need a boost.

#53 GargoyleVine

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPismo Coast

Posted 16 June 2024 - 11:09 PM

y'all sure you want to go with the cod fortnight- a pult, whats with the speed spam, catapult is a clunky iconic support mech, treat is as such, lets make a legendary Catapult

#54 The Chancelor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 08:53 PM

Quirks plz?

#55 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 June 2024 - 09:00 PM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 17 June 2024 - 08:53 PM, said:

Quirks plz?

View PostTiy0s, on 14 June 2024 - 07:22 AM, said:

The quirks for the legendaries seem to be missing. I'm going to try to get those added, but in the meantime here they are.

CPLT FERROBLAST
Posted Image

BNH BEHEMOTH
Posted Image

#56 Martaloc

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 07:13 AM

Why the armor quirk nerf on the Shadowcat?
Somebody died from the 2 Beamlaser + 6 machinegun Shadowcat in the Councuil and now they nerf in revenge?
And what the problem with the D omni pod? 2 energy + 2 balistics on one med sized torso, not that epic.
While the IS meds have heavymech armor quirks and much more.
So what happened?
Dont nerf the Shadowcat, nerf the Blackjacks and Bushwackers, the whole game is full with them because they to good!

#57 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,227 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 11:25 AM

View PostThe Chancelor, on 17 June 2024 - 08:53 PM, said:

Quirks plz?

Both 'Mechs are have the following quirks:
Posted Image

Edited by martian, 18 June 2024 - 11:25 AM.

#58 Oriffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 11:46 AM

Isn't the longbow supposed to be unlocked today for c-bills?

#59 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,227 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 12:12 PM

View PostOriffel, on 18 June 2024 - 11:46 AM, said:

Isn't the longbow supposed to be unlocked today for c-bills?
Have you really expected PGI to remember it?

#60 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,889 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 June 2024 - 12:41 PM

The Quirks were added to the OP last week - look at the second mechlab image for each 'mech.

I am constantly amazed at players - not only from this game - who react to minor tuning nerfs as though someone must have been personally insulted in order to have "retaliated" with this terrible, punitive measure...

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users