Ferroblast And Behemoth 2 New Legends

43 replies to this topic

#21 Martaloc

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 07:38 AM

This new Ferroblast Catapult is B U L L S H I T!
Supercharged Masc and 20%speed quirk?
Give them wings and let them fly !!!
We dont need these idiotic Gundam things!
Who is charge with those epic ideas?
Go to Fortnite and do the backflips , there is youre place!

Edited by Martaloc, 18 June 2024 - 08:00 AM.

#22 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,396 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 18 June 2024 - 07:41 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 17 June 2024 - 05:04 AM, said:

Unless it gets a massive ammo quirk, you're looking at somewhere around 2-3t of ammo for those 6 LAC5 with Endo and Light-Ferro for your build. I don't know if I'd like a fast turret instead of a slow (55-62 kph) turret in the same weight category

Yeah I hadn't considered the 4 tons of Masc

Edited by Amsro, 18 June 2024 - 11:18 AM.

#23 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 01:02 PM

View PostMartaloc, on 18 June 2024 - 07:38 AM, said:

Shut

#24 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,226 posts

Posted 18 June 2024 - 08:42 PM

A group of players, so-called "Cauldron". Maybe you remember them as "Gulag".

#25 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 03:36 AM

I am disappointed with Behemoth. His torso armor is too low. He dies very quickly. Fafnir with the same hardpoints feels much better. The number of hard points is also very small. The quirks don't make this fur even average. A separate minus is that the engine size is only 325. Because of this, some builds have unused weight Posted Image.

Edited by Nimnul, 19 June 2024 - 05:28 AM.

#26 Manboobs-sama

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 09:26 AM

Does the Behemoth get any kind of visual changes like the Black Hawk Ku got when it become IS-ified?

Also A Ballistic HSL and some Jam Chance sprinkled on top would go a long way in making it worthy of the name.

#27 Peter Prickler

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 10:57 AM

The CPLT-FB(LGD) runs 153,4 with fullquirk and max engine.

#28 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 June 2024 - 12:17 PM

While I like the Behemoth for lore reasons, it feels underwhelming. It definitely needs some kind of love

#29 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,888 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 June 2024 - 03:20 PM

View PostNimnul, on 19 June 2024 - 03:36 AM, said:

I am disappointed with Behemoth. His torso armor is too low. He dies very quickly. Fafnir with the same hardpoints feels much better. The number of hard points is also very small. The quirks don't make this fur even average. A separate minus is that the engine size is only 325. Because of this, some builds have unused weight Posted Image.

View PostManboobs-sama, on 19 June 2024 - 09:26 AM, said:

Does the Behemoth get any kind of visual changes like the Black Hawk Ku got when it become IS-ified?

Also A Ballistic HSL and some Jam Chance sprinkled on top would go a long way in making it worthy of the name.

View PostRalph Edwards, on 19 June 2024 - 12:17 PM, said:

While I like the Behemoth for lore reasons, it feels underwhelming. It definitely needs some kind of love

Yeah, it looked that way in the patch notes - but don't worry. Once the in-game telemetry comes out, I'm confident it'll be brought up to speed; likely they're trying to avoid power creep, which is admirable. I mean, all the goodies you get with a Legendary, plus the 30% c-bill bonus, make it a great buy for a standard-power 'mech... it just needs to be brought up to standard, where a lot of new releases are brought down.

#30 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 June 2024 - 03:02 AM

This sounds like a troll but just in case someone else is wondering the same:

Linebacker G, 65 tons, 120 kph (supercharger)
Exterminator 5E, 65 tons, 130 kph (MASC)
Quickdraw 9G, 60 tons, no exact speed but: " It also mounts a MASC and a Supercharger giving it bursts of speeds that can match, or exceed, most light mechs."
Charger C, 80 tons, 130 kph (MASC+supercharger)
Executioner F, 95 tons, 100 kph (MASC+supercharger)

Just a few I found quick from Sarna. Seems like Battletech is already quite gundam by your standards

Edited by Samziel, 20 June 2024 - 03:13 AM.

#31 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 103 posts
  • LocationIn your mech eating heat sinks

Posted 20 June 2024 - 03:41 AM

whose in charge? cauldron.

You could always display your displeasure on their discord ,but weather or not they listen to you is up in the air...

Edited by Heat Skink, 20 June 2024 - 03:42 AM.

#32 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 June 2024 - 05:37 AM

View PostSamziel, on 20 June 2024 - 03:02 AM, said:

This sounds like a troll but just in case someone else is wondering the same:

Linebacker G, 65 tons, 120 kph (supercharger)
Exterminator 5E, 65 tons, 130 kph (MASC)
Quickdraw 9G, 60 tons, no exact speed but: " It also mounts a MASC and a Supercharger giving it bursts of speeds that can match, or exceed, most light mechs."
Charger C, 80 tons, 130 kph (MASC+supercharger)
Executioner F, 95 tons, 100 kph (MASC+supercharger)

Just a few I found quick from Sarna. Seems like Battletech is already quite gundam by your standards

I think that if you take his criticism on good faith, then the Gundam reference is about speed vs firepower. In MWO, you more often than not, sacrifise speed to gain more firepower and heat efficiency. It is common practise to even shave armour for the aforementioned attributes. So, if the idea was indeed to give a speedy IS 65t mech, then the hardpoints being only in the arms feels silly. IS tech is heavier and takes up more slots. So, you can't really use big ballistic + energy weapons in the same arm.

With XL225 and an extra DHS, you can cram 6 LAC5 and about 5t of ammo. Or go with 2 Binary Laser and a Light Gauss +XL255. Anything with about 450m range gives you an advantage (just about) to behave like a turret and not get a ST blown off.

If you're brawling, then you are not bringing enough firepower in this mech (imo) to put a big dent in the opposition safely. You more often than not, use dead arms to shield yourself from damage while brawling. With this Catapult, ALL of the firepower sits in the arms and it doesn't have JJ. The Catapult A1, C2 and Butterbee which do really well as brawlers have JJ so that they don't have to face-tank the enemies. They just jump over cover, fire and fall back to safety.

With the Ferroblast, you're looking at a skirmisher. 2 Binary + Light Gauss with 2t of ammo, XL255 and 11DHS total would be my choice for a skirmish build, I'd rather take a Linebacker. Nobody's shooting my arm off.

#33 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 20 June 2024 - 07:45 AM

The Ferroblast is a Arrow with better durability and arguably worse hard points, just take off the arms and it's done. I like the Catapult but the FB honestly confuses me as the Cat was never a speed demon.

#34 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,888 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 June 2024 - 10:40 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 20 June 2024 - 07:45 AM, said:

The Ferroblast is a Arrow with better durability and arguably worse hard points, just take off the arms and it's done. I like the Catapult but the FB honestly confuses me as the Cat was never a speed demon.

It's a Legendary; they all have a nonstandard thing to differentiate them from the norm. The Behemoth is the same thing: an IS Stone Rhino.

#35 MT Titan

• PipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 20 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 20 June 2024 - 01:11 PM

They Look Cool, but not interested in either one.

#36 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 June 2024 - 12:00 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 20 June 2024 - 05:37 AM, said:

I think that if you take his criticism on good faith, then the Gundam reference is about speed vs firepower. In MWO, you more often than not, sacrifise speed to gain more firepower and heat efficiency. It is common practise to even shave armour for the aforementioned attributes. So, if the idea was indeed to give a speedy IS 65t mech, then the hardpoints being only in the arms feels silly. IS tech is heavier and takes up more slots. So, you can't really use big ballistic + energy weapons in the same arm.

With XL225 and an extra DHS, you can cram 6 LAC5 and about 5t of ammo. Or go with 2 Binary Laser and a Light Gauss +XL255. Anything with about 450m range gives you an advantage (just about) to behave like a turret and not get a ST blown off.

If you're brawling, then you are not bringing enough firepower in this mech (imo) to put a big dent in the opposition safely. You more often than not, use dead arms to shield yourself from damage while brawling. With this Catapult, ALL of the firepower sits in the arms and it doesn't have JJ. The Catapult A1, C2 and Butterbee which do really well as brawlers have JJ so that they don't have to face-tank the enemies. They just jump over cover, fire and fall back to safety.

With the Ferroblast, you're looking at a skirmisher. 2 Binary + Light Gauss with 2t of ammo, XL255 and 11DHS total would be my choice for a skirmish build, I'd rather take a Linebacker. Nobody's shooting my arm off.

Your point is entirely different from his. He didnt mention firepower, but made a comparison to backflipping in Fortnite. I also dont really like Gundam for the reason of mechs moving way too flexibly for their size. But this Catapult aint much of a stretch in Battletech, which was my point. And I believe if you build a mech yourself you can go even faster in heavies than these. But like you said, you need to sacrifice firepower for the speed.

I dont mind arm mounts as the hardpoints are high and you can use them accordingly. Would be different if it was a Catapracht with only arm weapons. I dont think it would be op to have some of the hardpoints in torsos, but I guess they wanted high mounts only. Dunno if ballistics in torsos would be good or bad, but I'd hate to have the energy hardpoints there.

Edited by Samziel, 21 June 2024 - 12:02 AM.

#37 ironlegion60

• Pip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2024 - 01:06 PM

Does the behemoth suffer with xl engine side torso death? Since is it a clan mech?

#38 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,179 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 22 June 2024 - 01:12 PM

View Postironlegion60, on 22 June 2024 - 01:06 PM, said:

Does the behemoth suffer with xl engine side torso death? Since is it a clan mech?
Behemoth is an Inner sphere Stone Rhino.

#39 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,226 posts

Posted 23 June 2024 - 11:50 AM

View Postironlegion60, on 22 June 2024 - 01:06 PM, said:

BHN-6H - this one specific model - is an IS 'Mech and uses IS XL engine.

#40 John Ardenne

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2024 - 09:02 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 June 2024 - 02:55 PM, said:

any plans for quirk adjustment on the behemoth?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users