Ap Gauss Hsl

Balance

8 replies to this topic

#1 Whisena

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:23 AM

Let's be honest here, Warthog is op in event play, I think it needs HSL limit. If you say it is balanced, you are full of **** Posted Image. It is just way too efficient for its weight and damage output and with pretty much no heat generated at all.

Edited by Whisena, Yesterday, 12:34 AM.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:03 AM

I agree after having been a victim of that barrage at least twice that I can remember. Heck, do that with the MagShot as well. Those things tear up stuff far too easily when there's more than about 8 firing at once. Being allowed to do far too much punch for extremely little risk is not a good thing. Can you imagine what someone might do with a Viper VPR-F after a few OmniPod swaps happen? Or heck, what about the Crusader CRD-CR "Crael" with all those Ballistic spots to use? :mellow:

~D. V. "definitely seconds 'Whisena's AP Gauss HSL motion... but wants to add Magshot HSL too" Devnull

[Edit by the posting author for some missed words & thinking...]

Edited by D V Devnull, Yesterday, 02:09 AM.

#3 Heat Skink

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 105 posts
  • LocationIn your mech eating heat sinks

Posted Yesterday, 03:59 AM

to be fair that AP guass warthog does run hot...much hotter than the hmg config...

I dunno about the magshot flea though... but something that light with that many guns should run fairly hot...

https://mwo.nav-alph...=996fdc69_ADR-W -HMG

https://mwo.nav-alph...=f7e6fc05_ADR-W -AP Gauss

https://mwo.nav-alph...cea9029a_FLE-19 <-magshot flea

Okay looking at the magshot flea that does seem ridiculus... 49 alphas??

the warthog has less heat sinks at least in the build i posted and has less heat efficency,

Edited by Heat Skink, Yesterday, 04:11 AM.

#4 Samziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seraph
  • The Seraph
  • 520 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted Yesterday, 04:40 AM

View PostWhisena, on 01 July 2024 - 12:23 AM, said:

Let's be honest here, Warthog is op in event play, I think it needs HSL limit. If you say it is balanced, you are full of **** Posted Image. It is just way too efficient for its weight and damage output and with pretty much no heat generated at all.

The game is balanced around quick play, not event queue. And if the team has any sense in QP, Warthogs get shot down fast. It's a big "slow" light that needs to get within brawling range. Good firepower for sure, dies fast.

#5 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted Yesterday, 05:39 AM

These creatures are danger for all kind of mechs.

Usual lights die too fast against them. Big guys cant hit them properly and die too.

A bit too much, like it were cheat vipers some time ago.

Streaks can help, yes.

Edited by Saved By The Bell, Yesterday, 05:59 AM.

#6 Gasboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 561 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:16 AM

Yep, high dps. Weak legs, slow speed, also shoot the arms or torsos, the ap gauss will do the work for you by exploding.

#7 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,339 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:50 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 01 July 2024 - 02:03 AM, said:

I agree after having been a victim of that barrage at least twice that I can remember. Heck, do that with the MagShot as well. Those things tear up stuff far too easily when there's more than about 8 firing at once. Being allowed to do far too much punch for extremely little risk is not a good thing. Can you imagine what someone might do with a Viper VPR-F after a few OmniPod swaps happen? Or heck, what about the Crusader CRD-CR &quot;Crael&quot; with all those Ballistic spots to use? :mellow:

Viper is weight limited for ammo. Dropping a couple of APs for ammo makes it functional, but it's still not a fantastic build. It loses a lot to fixed JJs.

Warthog is in the same boat as the Crael- great performance in niche events, but less of an outlier in QP. Balance is across the board, not nerfs just because it performs well in one event..

#8 Whisena

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:33 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 01 July 2024 - 01:50 PM, said:

Viper is weight limited for ammo. Dropping a couple of APs for ammo makes it functional, but it's still not a fantastic build. It loses a lot to fixed JJs.

Warthog is in the same boat as the Crael- great performance in niche events, but less of an outlier in QP. Balance is across the board, not nerfs just because it performs well in one event..

Even as weapon of choice AP gauss and Magshot out perform machineguns in quick play. It has low cool down and high pinpoint damage, you can torso twist quickly to spread return fire damage while machine gun you have to keep facing enemy to maintain damage. As I said, it is simply way too efficient. Weight, damage, heat, ability to torso twist, slot size, cool downs, tell me what are the downsides of AP and Mag? None. When mechs have heavy quirk favoring machine guns but pretty much 99% of players choose AP gauss and magshot instead, you know it is a balance issue because not even quirk can compete with such weapon.

Edited by Whisena, Yesterday, 02:37 PM.

#9 Mister Smile

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 49 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:17 PM

Played several rounds in QP against a duo of AP-gauss warthogs. We lost every match and those 2 had always the most kills combined. Don't want to know what a group of 4 can do...

Edited by Mister Smile, Yesterday, 03:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users