44 replies to this topic

#41 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 13 July 2024 - 12:21 AM

meh i always just say to play the mechs and builds you have fun with and just ignore the Tier listing. yeah you should always seek to improve but when you are always chasing some meta or perfect build to the point where you aren't having fun then you have have lost the point of the game. in the end all video games are for entertainment above all else.

hell i have no idea how my average *** got to T2 (i literally just hopped on the forum to check something and noticed the change.)

as for the whole smurf conversation, no mater what pvp game you are playing there will always be those that only get joy when they are beating up on those less skilled than themselves (if you can call that skill). if they have to make multiple alts in a week or even one a day they will do it just so they can noob bash. though i know there are plenty of those types on MWO i don't think there are enough to constitute a real problem. though the low player count might exacerbate the issue. (honestly i myself get a bit of perverse joy out of MWO when i kill those top tier players who constantly moan about locking weapons. (there are a few streamers i could name) the odd times i have seen them on the other team i single them out for this treatment just to make them mad. though really i just want a nice good close match and i am happy win or lose)

#42 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 15 July 2024 - 01:07 AM

If u are above average u will end up in tier 1 anyway. If u are above AVG ever so slightly, tier system is still a xp bar.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 15 July 2024 - 01:08 AM.

#43 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 279 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 19 July 2024 - 04:21 PM

It's not you, its the teams, or rather how well you mesh up with your teams. There is something like 3 or 4 over midset of how you "should" play unlike back then were everyone was on the same page. So ya its not you.

#44 Valley Pirate

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 05:39 PM

To be honest, I feel like I run into the same thing. For me, it seems my mood, energy level, how long I've been playing, etc. is tied to how well I do. However, I've also noticed that I can get better results with different 'Mechs.

If I'm having issues being patient, I'll jump into a long-range (such as 4x LPL Sun Spider) or slow-moving (Dire Wolf) 'Mech. This has the effect of forcing me to be more patient. I'm a little less concerned about exact positioning, because I'm either sniping, or right next to other assaults.

If I'm getting blasted because my positioning sucks, I'll change to an Arctic or Timber Wolf with ECM. Less damage and range, but better agility and slightly more forgiving.

And sometimes I just turn it off and play another game for a day or two. That can make a lot of difference, too.

#45 nvx 116

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 July 2024 - 08:13 PM

View Postchaosshade2638, on 26 June 2024 - 03:13 PM, said:

I've been playing for... idk, years at this point. I think joined when the Sun Spider was the latest mech pack. Back when the old PSR system was in place, I made it to Tier 2 and was a decidedly solid pilot (at least I thought I was). When the new PSR system was in place, my PSR plummeted to Tier 5 and I've hovered around high T5, low T4 ever since. The game felt less difficult in T2, the matches felt more consistent.

Now, my piloting is WILDLY inconsistent, some matches I'll score well even if the team gets rolled, other times I'm one of the first dead... and honestly it feels like it's more often the latter. I was wondering if anyone had tips to help with consistently other than "gitgud"

Hey your positioning is the reason why you are majorly more aggressive than your teammates... From what I noticed when I fought against ya.. you fight well but . You get a bit tunnel visioned when fighting and don't pay attention when more reinforcement comes in...another thing is your teammates are another factor.. make sure you always have back up... I'm guilty of overstaying my welcome while my team runs away and not saying anything or marking targets

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users